Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your Pulse custom soundtrack

PSN ID
    infoxicated

You need to have them in a specific folder for the game to pick them up - you can only add 30 mp3's to the game, if I remember correctly, so it cant draw from your main music folders.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

30songs?

technical limitation?

Timezone
    GMT + 1

These 30 mp3's can we add them ontop of the ingame music? And can we tick or untick which songs we want to listen to?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    SpaceboyG

Great questions and thanks for sheading some light on the custom soundtrack Rob!

I have one to add myself. Will the game be reading and displaying the filename or the MP3's ID3 tag? So that we get Artist and Title from the MP3 file itself.

Many thanks.

PSN ID
    q_dmc12

hmm, I'm going to have to shorten my list...but definitely add Times Changing, Future Paths and Chronomacer

(*) 8-Bit Weapon rocks!

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Any ideas if the official soundtrack will released on CD again?

PSN ID
    VHX1138: PSP, PS3, PS4, PS5, Steam

I know I'm adding some Transglobal Underground, it has always matched the style of Wipeout for me.

PSN ID
    NFNiTM

i would put We Have Explosive from 2097, also, you guys are going to think 'what on earth', i would put Sunidhi Chauhan - Sajnaji Vaari Vaari, i know its in another language, but it was good enough to be dropped in ministry of sound last year on a regular basis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72bnvITdQ-4 enjoy!

also, Talvin Singh - Butterfly, you'll know this one if you know your music

Mark Of Insanity is offline Pilot's License Suspended Rapier Pilot

1. Messij - Cold Storage
    2. Floor Control (Original Mix) - Castaneda
    3. Sandstorm - Darude
    4. Connected - Paul Van Dyk
    5. Moments are Forever - George Acosta
    6. Adagio for Strings - Tiesto
    7. Electra - The Digital Blonde
    8. Surgeon - Cold Storage
    9. Lost Without You (Zanzibar Dub Mix) - Dominion
    10. We Ran At Dawn - Allure
    11. Sosei - Airscape
    12. Lost in the Universe - Cosmic Tom
    13. Pulsar 2002 - Mauro Picotto
    14. Cold Comfort - Cold Storage
    15. Hyperactive - Gms
    16. Sunrise at Palamos - M.I.K.E
    17. Good God (Warp Brothers Remix) - JFK
    18. Sun flakes (Vincent De Moor Remix) - 2HD (Tsunami)
    19. Delirium Mind - Master Blaster
    20. Walhalla - Gouryella
    21. Body in Motion - Cold Storage
    22. Lectronik - Durango-95
    23. Feel the Drums - Davide Sgarbi
    24. Anti Gravity - Frozen Dead
    25. Symmetrie (Liquid Child Mix) - DJ Ax Vanox
    26. Cardinal Dancer - Cold Storage
    27. Virtuoso - Apex
    28. Forbidden Colours - Armin Van Buuren
    29. Wave Force - Perry O’Neil
    30. Messij Received - Cold Storage

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

Is that in any specific order??? O_o

Mark Of Insanity is offline Pilot's License Suspended Rapier Pilot

Not much. I like a good mix of things all shuffled about. But Messij Received is put at the end whereas Messij is at the beginning. No, most of the songs are simply shuffled around, but I tried not to put too many Cold Storage songs together.

Timezone
    GMT -6

Does anyone listen to Justice? I thought it would be a cool band to play on WipEout. Here's their MySpace:http://www.myspace.com/etjusticepourtous

Awesome electro-house band. I know that I'll put D.A.N.C.E. and Stress on the MP3 player on WipEout Pulse.

PSN ID
    NFNiTM

bad company - pulse 2000/pulse vip mix

thats the drum&bass bad company, not the shitty rock band

Not all of this is concrete yet (I'll probably have to get a bigger Memory Stick), but here's some of the songs I fancy having blaring in the new Feisar's cockpit. If I remember or discover any more, I'll add them later.

CoLD SToRAGE - 'Cairodrome', 'Messij', 'Operatique', 'Canada', and 'Body in Motion'
    The Prodigy - 'Firestarter', 'Fuel My Fire', and possibly 'Voodoo People'
    Underworld - 'Born Slippy (Nuxx)'
    Lange feat. Skye - 'Drifting Away'
    The Future Sound of London - 'Papua New Guinea (Hybrid Full Length Mix)'
    BT - 'Sunblind (feat. Jan Johnston)' and 'Smartbomb (Plump DJs Mix)'
    Sasha - 'Xpander'
    Binary Finary - '1998'
    Sarah McLachlan - 'I Love You (BT Mix)'
    Anne Savage - 'The Do'
    Infected Mushroom - 'Return of the Shadows' and 'Cities of the Future'
    Nuclear Hyde - 'Running Man' and 'Arkanoid'
    Ben Fraser - 'Kontek'
    Delerium - 'Underwater (Above & Beyond's 21st Century Mix)'
    Slayer - 'Angel of Death'
    Metallica - 'Master of Puppets'
    Motorhead - 'Ace of Spades'
    Queens of the Stone Age - 'First it Giveth' and 'Go with the Flow'
    Public Enemy - 'Bring Tha Noize (with Anthrax)'
    Last edited by Zerow; 14th August 2007 at 06:55 PM. Reason: Updating list

Timezone
    GMT -6

Quote Originally Posted by Zerow View Post
    Underworld - 'Born Slippy (Nuxx)'
    HELL YEAH! That is a song that should be on every WipEout. Totally awesome. I like the rest of your list too, Zerow.

The Automatic - Monster
    Blur - Song 2
    Kaiser Chiefs - I predict a riot
    Kaiser Chiefs - The Angry Mob
    Kaisr Chiefs - When the heat dies down
    Kasabian - Empire
    Kasabian - Shoot the Runner
    Klaxons - Atlantis to Interzone
    Klaxons - Isle of Her
    Klaxons - Forgotten Works
    Muse - Stockholm Syndrome
    Muse - Hysteria
    Muse - Assassin
    Muse - Knights of Cydonia
    Muse - Map of The Problematique
    Muse - SuperMassive Black Hole
    Muse - Plug In Baby

From WipEout:
    Wip3out - Control
    Wip3out - Feisar
    Wipeout Pulse - Onyx
    Wipeout Fusion - Switchback
    Wipeout Pulse - The System
    Wipeout Fusion - Wav Seeker
    Wip3out - Xpander

And any of my custom made Wipeout soundtracks ive written myself specially for Wipeout.

Long playlist I know but so much to choose from!
    This game will be AWSOME!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    SpaceboyG

Great song selctions jtc42! Also, welcome to the board. Hopefully you'll enjoy your stay here

Perhaps you can share some of the music you've created. In fact, I hope the talented musicians on here will do the same. We do have a lot of them

Thanks! I have a bizarre range of styles in my library, those just seemes most fitting to WipEout, I might add some new songs to this playlist over time.

All of my music (and there isnt much of it at the moment) is on my website:
    http://redsuntech.xt.cx
    Just click Music at the top and it will bring up all the music posts Ive made.

Im going on holiday for 10 days so I will go on a mass composing spree when I get back and make some more darker sounding tracks rather than the more upbeat style most of mine are at the moment.

By the way, 'Emergency Break', 'Emergency Lights', and '3 Point Turn' are my only tracks I really like atall so if you judge my music on any tracks make it one of them 3 (Preferably '3 Point Turn')

Edit: Forgot to mention, I will definately enjoy my stay here. I just got back into Wipeout (I started playing Fusion again) and my obsession has grown to the point Im buying a PSP Slimline (not Phat) JUST for Pulse! I cant wait! I got really good at Fusion and Im training again to get as good as I used to be.
    Last edited by jtc42; 16th August 2007 at 08:49 AM.

Tampere, Finland (Land of Xios and Outpost 7!)
    Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    Shozovulnai

First of all, I have to say that this custom soundtrack feature was one of the best - if not THE best - new features ever to the WipEout franchise. It's not that the original tracks sucked, no, far from it. WipEout soundtracks have always rocked and will always rock and they give the perfect feeling to the futuristic anti-gravity setting. Some corny wussy-rock just wouldn't be WipEout enough.

So, here is my custom soundtrack list, not for boasting purposes but just for the fun of it, with some comments. And the criteria I used with the list was:

1. All electronica. No biting-heads-off-goats -power metal, no wussy-rock, no pop, no nothing. Just electronica. Why? Ok, it's my favorite genre and all other genres are inferior in general. I'm extremely pessimistic by the new way the music is heading in general (down the drain), the golden age was the mid-90's. But aside from tastes, electronica is the pure definition of WipEout. It's the future! Electronica is way ahead of its time! (especially Future Sound of London) Other genres just wouldn't fit that well.

2. Speed is the key. No moody ambient which goes so slow that if it went any slower, it would go backwards. And the tracks should actually start quite fast so no slower intros here. Chemical Brothers' Elektrobank was left out because of the intro, a difficult decision it was.

3. Beat is the key. Again, ambient or other minimalistic stuff is out of the list. You don't want to listen to the hum of the wind when there's havoc happening all around the track.

4. Not too lengthy, not too short. Actually it differs pretty much, the longest track was about 8 minutes and I don't even remember the shortest one, maybe some of the initial Pulse tracks.

5. No lyrics. Okay, Atom Bomb is a huge exception but it just fits the atmosphere so perfectly. Lyrics are nice all in all, however, I prefer the music itself and the lyrics are good if they fit the melody and the tempo and they don't even have to be intelligible. Orbital's moody Goldfrappy hums are great examples of this.

6. It has to be WipEout enough.

Geez, I've written this much and haven't even started the list yet! So I shall:

From WipEout:

Leftfield - Afro Ride (chilly, cool tune)
    Chemical Brothers - Chemical Beats (true classic)
    Orbital - P.E.T.R.O.L. (yup, took the longer one from In Sides album, this is just perfect)

From WipEout 2097:

Future Sound of London - We Have Explosive (from Dead Cities album because the WO one's ending is just stupid, great war theme for Eliminator)
    Future Sound of London - Landmass (always when I hear this, 2097 comes to mind, moody & beautiful)
    Fluke - Atom Bomb (not the game remix, the original! Such a great tune, such great lyrics, such great everything! This in Eliminator... oh yeah)
    Fluke - V6 (interesting note, folks, this was the main theme of a crappy music program called Jyrki here in Finland. Anyways, very good)
    Chemical Brothers - Dust Up Beats (like a more complex version of Chemical Beats)
    Chemical Brothers - Loops of Fury (too bad this isn't on their albums, too awesome I have it in this soundtrack!)
    Underworld - Tin There (so fast it could outrun Zone)
    I didn't include Firestarter (heard it like gillion times already) and Third Sequence just sucks.
    Cold Storage - Canada (I don't think it really fit the 2097 mood, but nonetheless it's great and deserves to be in Pulse)
    Cold Storage - Body in Motion (WipEouty, need I say more?)

From Wip3out:

Orbital - Know Where to Run (just plain wow, I absolutely must find Middle of Nowhere album)
    Underworld - Kittens (full version from Beaucoup Fish because the W3 one is way short, a great tune, like march of the cats or something)
    Sasha - Xpander (best trance track EVER, and I don't generally like trance at all. But Xpander is a huge exception)

From WipEout Fusion:

Future Sound of London - Papua New Guinea Hybrid Mix (the best PNG remix, fits WipEout perfectly, especially Fusion)
    Luke Slater - Bolt Up (rough and tough track with the aggression to match, superb for events of mass destruction)
    Orbital - Funny Break (the original is so awesome, but this remix is better for WipEout and sounds really cool)
    Hong Kong Trash - Down the River (this is a funny track, faster than lightning, really Zoney)

Other tracks:

Chemical Brothers - Three Little Birdies Down Beats (ironically, I haven't heard this one yet from the soundtrack because of the random playlist. Still, when I heard the middle part, I thought: "I will put this in Pulse when it gets released!")
    Chemical Brothers - The Big Jump (actually this is the first candidate to be replaced. Sure, it's a nice track and it has beat and all... but it isn't so WipEout. Yeah, I could replace this with Underworld's Rowla)
    Chemical Brothers - Saturate (same reaction with Little Birdies, I just thought it sounded cool - and it sure does)
    Fluke - Absurd (similar to Atom Bomb, just as good, has some attitude)
    Future Sound of London - Expander (same reaction with Birdies and Saturate)
    Leftfield - Phat Planet (c'mon, it's phat!)
    Leftfield - Double Flash (c'mon, it's like Flash speed class, only double!)
    Orbital - Crash and Carry (so fast, so gritty, so noisy)
    Orbital - Tension (this is so friggin' crazy that it suits WipEout really well!)
    Orbital - Tootled (this one is from the asylum as well!)
    Orbital - Beelzebeat (just as the name implies, it has some beat in it, it fits Zone quite nicely)

Ooookay... That. Was. It. Sure took a while to write but it was fun. I hope I didn't write all this for nothing. Hehheh, seems like my soundtrack circles around the same artists. I could've put some Aphex Twin if the track limit was bigger but hey - 46 tracks are more than enough for me!

Timezone
    GMT -2
    PSN ID
    Stew2000

Talking

I have the Official Audi music. Suits Pulse really well
    http://www.audi.de/audi/de/de2/erleb...di_tracks.html