Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pulse interviews.

PSN ID
    technicolour

Default Pulse interviews.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=75937

Fantastic news about the Zone mode using default tracks. I'm really looking forward to Eliminator, I was hoping for this game mode in pure.

PSN ID
    infoxicated

Eliminator was one of the things Colin wanted to get into Pure, but time constraints meant it got dropped. I'm glad to see it back, too - it'll be a blast online.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Oooh yeah. I like to be destructive in Wipeout. Dunno why. I'm a complete pacifist in real life, but somehow I just love playing dirty in the digital world

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Really like what I'm hearing, and all those game modes will really keep us busy online.

No disruption bolt...

****ing YES!

Wonder what the returning weapon will be? Let it be the flamethrower or proton cannon, pwetty, pwetty pleease?!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

It won't be the flamethrower that's for sure

Thank you, wonderful!!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kowareta-vojeet

Yes, finally Elimenator!
    "Predefined events," more atmosphere.
    "A new HUD that reacts dynamically," nice.
    "Gone is the Disruptor weapon," what a bummer!
    "But we have three new weapons and one returning weapon," ???

PSN ID
    o_fluff

Force Wall, Force Wall!!! Its the only weapon i can think of...as...oh...bugger, i forgot about the Fusion arsenal...

I like what i'm hearing here. Gonna have to fork out for a 2gb stick soon

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

the Lan is quite obscure to me, we were talking about that with Michael through MSN, wireless or with cables connected to the routeur or 1 pilot connected by usb to the routeur and the others connected to him ??
    If it's with cable maybe a multi-switch usb for your routeur will be needed if you want to have a stable 8 pilots fight on a same room, but ermm that sounds weird cause usb psp cables are not long at all : 8 dancing in a close circle around the God Routeur.

8,7 even 6 players on a same room ( not talking about Kai here) and Pure wasn't playable due to massives slowdowns ( psp limitations for sure, imo) so How can Pulse solve this problem, getting less detailed tracks & background to let us play really with lagfree and no more slowdowns at 8 or will it be like Pure with its 5 players limitations?

PSN ID
    infoxicated

Remember that the network play on Pure was based on the early versions of the ad-hoc network libraries. Things have improved a lot since then. Pulse levels also have less polys than Pure levels which allows for closer racing, hopefully without the risk of slowdown.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Rob & Colin you are my mates for ever
    This game will rock and not only due to his surely great physics, speed felling or handling but also because the multiplayer mode will be truly amazing with many modes and fully playable at 8 with no lag.

Fantastic news

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

You forgot the 16-races customizable leagues, Asa

@ Mobius
    With my answer to Zerow I gave the answer which weapon will have a return

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Yes Max and eliminator and also that promising 1vs1 neck-to-neck intense mano-a-mano fight.

I am so much impressed by those multiplayer features , it's like SL has got Big Ears listening our comments into Kai messenger

Man that sucks Disruptor bolt is gone! But now i wonder what can be returning?
    Force Wall? Multiple missile which locks on to 2 opponents. Or plasma that instantly destroys your ship?

PSN ID
    q_dmc12

SUPER WEAPONS!

No, I'll be serious. Probably the 2 lock missles and rear fire missiles and quakes, hmmm....perhaps cloak or force wall.

Grav slinger was annoying, but gravity bomb was cool ....who knows.

EDIT: Energy drain is a definite - THANKYOU!! *hugs SL*

I liked most of the stuff that was said in that interview, but a few questions and one comment.

multiplayer. Please don't give people who are racing in behind all the good weapons like in wipeout 64, and to an extent xl. keep the weapons random like pure, 3 and wipeout 1. Also, please o please do not give the people behind a speed boost over the leaders, that sort of cpu assist does not belong in a wipeout game(this was in xl multiplayer one on one and really sucked)

Please do not allow the "LEADER WEAPON" to return. this weapon is complete bullshit. Hey lets practice really hard so we can get hit by 8 leader weapons a game.

Basically, no computer assistance to the person in behind in multiplayer would be nice, meaning by way of weapons choices or speed boosts.

ok there were no questions there, but I'm sick of cpu assist sneaking it's way into wipeout every once in a while. there needs to be none of it, just skill based racing.

Oh, no earthquake hitting me when I am in the air above it would be nice too.

PSN ID
    q_dmc12

WOW, way to be vague

Great interview, the game sounds like a treat: so much good stuff. Weapon absorb is still in, and that`s the best news for me as it`s a genius idea.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

And we have visual damage

Sounds like they really grabbed a few of our ideas and wishes