Thread: Classic WipEout...Can it still be found?

Timezone
    GMT + 2

Default Classic WipEout...Can it still be found?

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum and I am so glad to see that there are so many individuals out there who are fans of the WipEout series.

I've been a long time WipEout fan from the time I bought the original WipEout for PC, up until the very latest offerings but for some reason I have some weird attachment to the original game, maybe for nostalgic reasons.

Problem is some years ago I lost my copy and I've been looking (and searching the web) for the original WipEout ever since but to no avail. I therefore thought I'd ask the rest of you loyal followers whether anyone here knows where I could possibly get my hands on a copy of the original WipEout for PC.

Any help would be appreciated.

PSN ID
    q_dmc12

There is one on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/Wipeout-F3600-An...QQcmdZViewItem

..However it is in USD, don't know where you are from - perhaps you can find something in the Euro section or for Japan...

Timezone
    GMT -6

I found the PS version a couple of months ago (I got nostalgic all of a sudden as well and bought the first 3 on amazon.) Don't know about PC though.

I would suggest that finding the PS1 version is easier: and you can then reliably play it using epsxe, on either Windows[n], or GNU/Linux.

I imagine the ISO is on a file-sharing network somewhere.
    Last edited by ahurst; 21st May 2007 at 03:03 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

There is always an ISO around somewhere. But who would want one in the first place?

Ben
    Last edited by Asayyeah; 22nd May 2007 at 09:33 PM. Reason: all of you have answered and nothing can be added : topic closed