Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mock up of Qirex and Feiser

Timezone
    GMT + 9

Talking Mock up of Qirex and Feiser

Dear Sir, WipEout Zone members

My name is dark16, a student of a graduate school in Japan, and I am a big fan of WipEout XL / 2097.

I have been trying to design the 3D images of the planes Qirex and Feiser that appear in the opening movie. I looked for graphical information about them in the internet, however, I could not find any useful information and a detailed images that would allow me to design them in details.

So, I am writing to ask you if you would be so kind to send me any drawing or iconic document that would allow me to recognize their shapes (specially around the cockpit and rear view, engine)? And if it is possible, would you mind introducing me to somebody of the Psygnosis Company that was in charge of the game?

I am terribly sorry for the inconvenience and the trouble this has caused you, but it is a big dream for me. Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

dark16 (Qirex-freak).
    takenouc@gmail.com
    Attached Images Attached Images

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Welcome to the forums, mate.

Regarding your question: you probably get the most information out of the intro itself frame-by-frame. Download it somewhere (www.ign.com or www.gamespot.com for example) and try to find the shapes. I know they don't have the best quality. If the quality is too bad for you, you can still record it from your PlayStation (if you computer's video card is good enough to do so).
    But don't expect to get it in a greater resolution than VGA.

The Quirex should be the hardest part cause they're just rare informations about the rendered craft used in the intro movie.
    In terms of intro movie's Feisar you have more luck: the ship uses - as far as I can tell - the same model as the rendered crafts for the original WipE'out'' did just with another paint scheme.
    I attached a few images for you that may help you there.

05 (should be available in the internet in higher resolution. Google should help you there cause it's the WipE'out'' cover)

And then the Feisar is also on the backside of the 2097 manual.

Good luck, pilot

Timezone
    GMT + 9

Exclamation thanks for your reply

Thanks for reply.
    And, I am sorry, I failed to use this edit post.
    Last edited by Doak16; 20th April 2007 at 05:03 PM. Reason: miss

Not a problem. I've now deleted the other one because your most recent one is more complete

Timezone
    GMT + 9

Smile Thank you for reply

Dear, Mr.Lance

Thank you for your prompt reply for my misstake. This is to reply to your response. And I am sorry.

Anyway, I think that your avatar is origenal sketch of ICARAS in WipeEout3.
    Do you have some skechs of Qirex of WipEout XL/2097.

I would like to trying to make the 3DCG images and Mockup of the ships Qirex and Feiser. About Feiser, I got many splendid images from Sausehuhn, he/she is forum member. I think possible to make 3DCG and mockup of Feiser.

However, I could not find any useful detailed images about Qirex.
    If you would be so kind to send me any drawing or image that would allow me to recognize their shapes (specially around the cockpit and rear view, engine)?

I am terribly sorry for my misstake.

My avatar is from an original concept sketch made by a member of the design team for Wipeout 3. It was made available to the public along with some other concept art on a limited CD. Our member Aka-Sho bought a copy of it a few years ago on E-bay and uploaded it online for the rest of us. It contains no sourcefiles to work from, but just illustrations/renderings. I don't have it on this computer and my old main harddrive, which I think has the file on it, is failing. Dammit. I'll have to be very lucky to retrieve anything from it.

Timezone
    GMT + 9

Smile

Dear Sausehuhn,

How thoughtful of you to send me the splendid images for my question. And, I looked your sketch, that?s very cool. Your good taste showns in the skech you made. I think possible to make 3DCG and mockup of Feiser by your Feiser images.

However, I think that Qirex is harder than Feiser. And I will try to capture images from movie file.Thank you again , and I do hope you , I will be able to show you my mockup and images.

If you permit me to send image of 3DCG modeling, I would like to show you my image, and Please tell me your suggestion.

-------

Dear Lance,

Thanks a lot for your polite reply.

About avater,
    It?s a matter of regret that. I will try to ask image to Mr. Aka-Sho.
    Last edited by Lance; 20th April 2007 at 09:29 PM. Reason: two consecutive post by same person

Aka-Sho rarely visits here, though I did see him here a few weeks ago; he does have one of the early websites devoted to Wipeout. Here is the link: http://www.geocities.co.jp/SiliconVa.../7230/wipeout/
    Luckily, it's in Japanese, so you should be able to navigate the site easily. It seems to be still active, or at least still kept in existence.

''We love Wipeout forever.''

Mark Of Insanity is offline Pilot's License Suspended Rapier Pilot

http://jp-wipeout.hp.infoseek.co.jp/...oXl002.html#04

This website looks good, I've favourited it.

I think that this website is probably going to help you alot. Apart from the fact that Feisar is the mascot, the fact that it's body shape didn't change for quite a while makes it easy to find pictures as resources. Qirex are alot less obvious.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Good wireframes you have there. They could indeed help with the Qirex.
    But keep in mind that 2097's ingame-Feisar model isn't the same as the model used in the intro movie - so that wireframe won't help you much there.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Of Insanity View Post
    http://jp-wipeout.hp.infoseek.co.jp/...oXl002.html#04
    This website looks good, I've favourited it.
    So have I , thx for it

Lance, How many artworks were in that CD Aka-Sho bought years ago ?

If someone always have them i would be glad to dl those precious stuff

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Just searched the forums, found the thread and also the dead download link.
    I've got it on my HDD anyway, the rar-archive is around 11MB big, the unpacked archive around 13MB.
    I can upload it these days.

It's Wip3out stuff btw, so it's the wrong forum here

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Thx Max , searchin' champion strikes back

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

PSN ID
    q_dmc12

WOW! where did you get all of this? (besides E3 )

Got it from Aka-Sho.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

You rock mate and thx a lot for that precious link

Timezone
    GMT + 9

Dear, lance

Thank you very much for the advice you gave me the other day.
    I got images from Aka-sho's website. These images are helpful guide for my activities. I'll make 3D image and tangible mock-up by useing images. However, I've never understood the around cockpit and the bottom view of Qirex. On the other side, I could find mechanical parts on bottom part of Feiser. (I did not find details.)

==About Qirex==
    I tried to capture of opening movie from CD-ROM after watching images form website. Then, I could see cockpit module, but I could not joining spot of cockpit and side-modules. And, I thought bottom serface is flat in the same way from watching opening movie. ( I have thought Qirex has many mechanical parts on the bottom side until now.)

Therefore, I am thinking need to created about these unkown parts.
    Do you have any comments to make 3D model about it? If you have some opinions about creating shape of unkown parts. Plese give me your suggestion.

Thank you very much.

------------------

Dear, Sausehuhn

Thanks a lot.
    I was surprised at many good images and documents. Of wipeout3 promo's data I have special linking for "Press Information" and "SHIPWIRE", "SKETCHES", "WEAPONIC". How to pick up these images? I think impossible to find such files for me. Thank you very much. I would like to make 3D model of Wip3out3 after existing work of WipEout XL/ 2097.

Anyway, I hope participate in a past Club event.
    And, How do you think anti-gravity ship design about WipEout XL/ 2097 and Wip3out3. I like XL / 2097 design rather than Wip3out3 design. There is no doubt that Wip3out3 ships are cool, but, WipEout XL / 2097 was my first time to meet WipEout world.

-----------------

Dear, Asayyeah

Thx a lot.
    I will refer to this website for modeling 3Dimage and mockup. Any way, Which do you like in these ships of WipEout XL / 2097?
    Last edited by Lance; 25th April 2007 at 03:04 PM. Reason: combined 3 immediately successive posts by same person

Doak, I'm glad I could help.

Aka-sho has had a Wipeout website for a very long time, and he's been a friend to our site and forums here since Infoxicated created this place.

Timezone
    GMT + 9

Default 3D images

Dear, Lance,

This fun site was made first of all, Wasn't this? I thought first web site.

Anyway, I found images. Please have a look at this. I am thinking new WipEout images for PS3 and PSP. Have you ever seen this images?

(I am so sorry. I do not know, These images are copyrighted work. I edited this writting. I deleted these links. apr 29, 2007 )

additional edit by Lance at Doak's request: remnants of links removed.
    Last edited by Doak16; 29th April 2007 at 10:14 AM. Reason: These images are copyrighted work.