Thread: WPure won't load my profile

Timezone
    GMT -5

Default WPure won't load my profile

I just bought my first copy of Wipeout Pure, the U.S. edition.

The game plays fine when I start it up. Howevever, whenever I start the game over and try to re-load my profile from last time, it give me a load failure message, saying the data in the gamesave file are corrupted.

The file information screen shows the file is 512kb, and it has the usual gamesave information (player name, gold medals won, etc.).

The memory stick is fine -- it loads gamesaves from Burnout Legends and NFS: Underground Rivals just fine. There's plenty of space left on the stick (3GB out of a 4GB sony magic gate memory stick pro).

I'm running version 3.30 of the PSP system.

Anyone have any idea what's wrong?

PSN ID
    q_dmc12

Ahh, a sony card...

Well, (if you can, backup you card) try reformating the card, I have heard this sometimes works.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

I had data corrupted once and I lost about 50 hours and a lot of nice records. It happend I think with battery faillure while playing free play. I recharged the battery and there I could play where I left of, however my profile was damaged!!!

I had to redo everything! So I hope all the best for you. Nowadays I always copy my profile after doing a few good records onto another memorycard. It is working, I always have a back-up now!!!

Timezone
    GMT -5

Well, I updated to PSP firmware 3.40, and the problem went away. My profiles now load just fine.

However, there is other weirdness with 3.40. When I reformatted the Sony memory stick, 64 "data corrupted" files appear in the gamesaves folder. The PSP reports them as being 32KB each, created on the 31st day of the 15th month of 2107 at 1:63 p.m. Nice! Looks like a lot of things change 100 years from now.

The PSP is incapable of deleting the files, and they do not appear as files in Windows XP, so I can't delete them that way.

Sony tech support had no clue what to do. Their only advice was to re-format the card. Duh.

So far, they don't seem to affect anything negatively, so I'm ignoring them.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Now that's a hell of a bug there! The creation dates of your files are surely interesting... And you're sure they really do not affect your memstick at all? They don't take away any space, even if the PSP reports them as being 32 kb in size each?

Last friday on kai I was able to play through my first delta tour since I upgraded my firmware to official sony 3.30. No bugs, no crash, I only thought the loading times between the races were a little bit longer than normal, but that might just be me restless. I don't know why it suddenly worked and I also do not know if I'll be able to play delta without crashing in multiplayer again... Weird stuff... Gamma is still crashing all the time, so no changes here.

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Quote Originally Posted by bassocoral View Post
    created on the 31st day of the 15th month of 2107 at 1:63 p.m. Nice! Looks like a lot of things change 100 years from now.

That had me laughing, at least some amusement has come of out of all the crap

PSN ID
    q_dmc12

Is this?...It is! A double post!!

Tsk. If the other one got replied to, I shall have to merge and slash. Let's hope it doesn't confuse things, eh?

tick tick tock. Okay, merged and slashed.

Timezone
    GMT -5

Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk View Post
    And you're sure they really do not affect your memstick at all? They don't take away any space, even if the PSP reports them as being 32 kb in size each?
    I'm not sure if they're really taking up space. It's a 4G stick, and I haven't tried to fill it up to the max.

Timezone
    GMT -5

But wait, there's more . . . .

I'm starting to think the memory stick I have is counterfeit. I've ordered a new one from Amazon.com. When it comes in, I'll post an update whether I still have the same problems.

Timezone
    GMT -5

Yes, the Sony 4GB memory stick I got from a PriceGrabber.com storefront is, I believe, counterfeit. The 2GB stick I got from Amazon works perfectly without any of the above problems.

If you Google the issue, it appears there are a rash of fake Sony sticks on the market. The packaging looks good, but they're still fake.

Serves me right. Should've known I couldn't get a $150 USD product for $49.95 USD.
    Last edited by Asayyeah; 30th April 2007 at 06:38 PM. Reason: unecessary quotation eliminated

PSN ID
    q_dmc12

That would be my first indication