Thread: pilot pics

Smile pilot pics

does anyone know where i can get decent quality pics of the pilots, the actual pics used in the game i mean..i dont have the means or technical ability to try and get them from the game disc....ok hope everyone had a good easter!!

i tried to get them from the PC version i have but from memory the pictures\ game banners \logos \backgrounds are badly compressed into a large bitmap image . I get back to my flat tomorrow so i'll dig out the ones i managed to get off the damaged disk i have and have another go and ley you know how it works out

Thumbs up pics

thanks for trying that jospicy, i dont mind if the pics are poor quality, its better than the nothing i have at the moment! im wanting to make some "wall art" out of them for my games room, that makes me sound posh, but im not, my "games room" is my living room and also my kitchen! in fact its pretty much my only room cheers for anything you can find

If I ever hook up the PS1 to a better recording device than VHS I`ll try to get some screen grabs. There will be some missing though - anyone ever noticed that the "happy" Arian Tetsuo picture seems to be someone else instead. I think it`s "angry" Daniel Chang, but I haven`t played AGS much.

cheers lunar!, im suprised these pics were never used in any promotional way when wipeout was released, they always remind me of bitmap brothers for some reason, maybe i played too much chaos engine in my youth!
    Last edited by Task; 24th April 2007 at 04:03 PM. Reason: Quotation Eliminated!

hey sorry for my total disapperence but i have had exams and have been working on a few projectsand had totally forgotten about this.

I have extracted the files and dumped them in a rar file which can be foud Here. They can definatly be opened in Photoshop but if you need another format give me a shout here or via PM and i'll get back to you

jospicy

thanks, jospicy, brilliant!!

Thumbs up

thanks jospicy, hope ur exams went well?, when it comes to computers im an idiot, dont know what a rar file is, and photoshop?? the only one i know of is Boots the chemist!, is there any way you could post these as completely foolproof jpegs? sorry to be a pain, and thanks loads for the time you took to help! you are a star.

Quote Originally Posted by jospicy View Post
    hey sorry for my total disapperence but i have had exams and have been working on a few projectsand had totally forgotten about this.

I have extracted the files and dumped them in a rar file which can be foud Here. They can definatly be opened in Photoshop but if you need another format give me a shout here or via PM and i'll get back to you

jospicy

done they're all ing GIF format which for the images is better but they can still be opened in a normal window in Windows

the new ones are Here

Thumbs up woohoo!

jospicy they are absolutely wicked!!, i havent seen a few of those pics before either as i tend to stick with the same pilots, thanks loads!!

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    kiTTun

Cool Thank you thank you!

Thanks Jospicy! This rates right up there with Aka-Sho's WO3 press release download for me! (ok, well almost).

Default Pilot logos......

Found this one (the best one of course) on the web, but it`s very low res and I can`t find the others. It`s a long shot, but anyone have these, or know how to get them?

they are contained within the the "Texture" file and are unfortunatly not very good quality. i'll have another play around see if i can get them out and enlarge them but i can't promice good results yet

I understand the result isn`t certain, but thanks again Jospicy

ok i have posted the original files Here the logos are in the menus, the font is in the font and the menu background in sin the Wipeout1 file

to enlarge the logos you need to vector map them and then smooth them plus they'll probably need a artifact fileter run over them. I'll give it a try when i have a moment but there is the source for you to play around with. Also you may need to change the pixel size to square to make things the right shape

great stuff - thanks. Lots of good things in there, and already they`re much improved on the Arial one I had. I corrrected the pixel aspect, but as for vectorizing..... I`ll try to figure that out one rainy day if it`s a photoshop thing.

really cool stuff - thanks Jospicy. You`re a star.

moved to a new hosting so all these images can now be found here

if you need anything else from the textures give me a prod and i can probably dig it out

enjoy

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

And it works! Thanks jospicy.

Well I thought it did.
    Last edited by RJ O'Connell; 4th March 2008 at 01:25 AM. Reason: fixed the error - or not?

whoops i forgot to change the permissions when i dropped the folder in
    should now all be sorted