Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Wipeout Pure and fantastic firmware 3.11

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Sad news guys, that explains the graphics i saw on Rom's psp at convention and all the shitty disconnections we had especially on gamma pack
    I hope Sony or SL directly may fix this bug quickly , most of the best Kai players suffered from this

PSN ID
    alteregorr

Hi All.

I repeat that it is necessary to fill up of mail the mailboxes of the customers service of sony/scee.... ...here is the link:

http://www.scee.com/contact/customerContacts.jhtml

Read You Soon
    CdRom

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

What did you say to them? You lot have just gone and messed up my favorite PSP game with your latest firmware, fix it now or I'll come and find you.....

PSN ID
    infoxicated

It is being looked at, I promise you - there's no need to send the customer service mailbox into meltdown!

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

lol! I haven't sent anything yet I wouldn't know how to phrase it without sounding annoyed and rude

PSN ID
    o_fluff

Well, bear in mind that SL are currently beavering away at Pulse as we speak so its not goign to be total priority. But if we think that both games run on similar engines, its got to be sorted soon, otherwise the d/l packs for pulse are goign to have problems too.

Dont panic Captain Manwearing. Well save you!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    borell

Keep your fingers crossed. It seems like Sony's Firmware v3.40 for the PSP is on its way.

http://www.playstation.co.kr/psp/psp01_05_new_3.40.asp

(Found at psp-hacks.com)

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    borell

According to psp-hacks.com, the update to v3.40 is now available via the XMB Network Update. It can also be downloaded from psp-hacks.

Update: Aha, maybe this firmware update is related to there being a new firmware out for the PS3, v1.70. This version allows PSOne downloaded games to be played on the PS3. Furthermore, the saves will be compatible between the PSP and the PS3. (found on playstation universe)
    Last edited by borell; 19th April 2007 at 08:26 AM.

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

I downloaded 3.40 with false hope it would fix the problem the result? A never before seen crash during an Alpha tour, it's like they are going to keep at it until they render multi player absolutely useless. I'm starting to think upgradeable firmware is a bad idea is it going to be a case of

"Oh but you bought Motorstorm 14 months ago surely you don't actually expect to be able to play the game for the entire life of you console? You did? Well too bad"

PSN ID
    q_dmc12

custom firmwares or devhook might be for you - hope, pray, beg (well maybe not beg) for a 3.4 downgrader

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

Thumbs down

shouldn't sony help our psp's potential instead of bloody obliterating it? DAMN YOU SONY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by mdhay; 28th December 2007 at 12:10 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    borell

It seems that there might be a big firmware update on its way -- v.4! I pray for you guys to get rid of your problems.

[Rumor: PSPs with non-downgradable firmware on its way to the stores?]

Timezone
    GMT + 1

That's interesting news, but I don't think it'll solve our FW problem with Pure multiplayer. As far as I can see the rumor/article says, that the new thing about this FW 4.xx will be that it's not downgradeable anymore. I highly doubt that Sony has implemented a fix for our problems into it.

I'm waiting for one of the following three things to happen right now:

1) Release of official Sony FW update wich states clearly in it's description that the bugs with Pure are fixed. I'm definately not going to update my PSP's FW any further without knowing for sure that the problems I have are fixed with the update.
    2) Official Patch, Add-On, etc. from Studio Liverpool for Pure which will make Pure's multiplayer mode work properly again. I must say, that most of my hopes of getting rid of the problems are based on that choice. I don't think that a huge company like Sony can be bothered with the problems of a small fan community like ours (compared to other game communities). If our cries reach their ears anyway, they'll hand over the problem to SL and tell them to fix the bugs, cause they created the game and therefor know most about it's code and stuff.
    3) Downgrader for FW 3.30, so that I can switch to non-official FW which will have my Pure multiplayer running without problems again.

I'll take whatever solution of the problem I happen to stumble upon first.

PSN ID
    q_dmc12

My money is on the latter, 3rd choice...

well, new games come with the highest firmware built in don't they? When pulse comes out, we may be forced to use this fw 4.xx

PSN ID
    q_dmc12

Lol, your posts are 311

Anyway, no I don't think so - because when they release psp's with new firmware it usually takes a few months before the fw dl is up on the sony site. Even then, it only appears on disks about 2 or 3 months after being up for dl at sony - by the time september rolls around I think pulse will sneak by without requiring any higher than 3.4x.

*Hopes up*

Timezone
    GMT + 1

I really am worried about new firmware all the time. The problems some of us have got now, got me thinking of staying on the same FW of 3.0something and when Pulse is coming out buying a new PSP just to be on the safe side with Pure. I think this is ridicules to even think about this, but these stupid updates all the time are smashing up our most favourite game.

PSN ID
    q_dmc12

I heard custom fw (3.03OE) emulates higher fw's - but I'm sticking with 1.50 at the moment..

PSN ID
    stin_wz

Mad-Ice!,

That is exactly what I`m getting another psp for pulse and save my old psp for pure with my FW 3.10 and I`m not getting updated!

stevie

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Hi Stevie!

It might be the best solution so far! But it is crazy! Now I understand more and more why people turn to hackers with programs like devhook and so on. I want to stay true but I am tempted here!!!!!