Thread: Pulse Now Official!

PSN ID
    infoxicated

No, it wouldn't.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Brica

I remember reading that the livery editor was already done… Maybe the program itself was ok, but it needed to be tweaked within the website's graphical interface… It might even get some little refinement, so that is kinda good news.
    Have a good time with the EG-X backstory, Rob…

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

It'll be appreciated whenever its ready, there will be plenty in Pulse to keep us all busy and perhaps the livery editor will slip out our minds, then it suddenly goes live and ooooo what a nice treat

Timezone
    GMT + 12

Ok, thanks for clearing that up Rob i was starting to get a little worried about the whole thing being forgotten or something.

Im not fussed about when i get it, just as long as it hasnt been rushed due to my incessant pestering xD

Id feel really bad if that happened.

Timezone
    GMT -6

Hey, infoxicated, can you tell me about the Vertica map? As I said before, I can't see the similarity between the map and the videos (mostly in the missile and the autopilot videos). Pretty please?

Timezone
    GMT -6

Here's a little German video of Pulse. I can't understand German, so I'm not sure if they're talking about any new content or a release date. At least the revised "3, 2, 1, GO!" countdown graphic is a little more pleasing to the eye than the last one, IMO.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...arch&plindex=0

Enjoy!

Update: Another German video... of Eliminator Mode! The menus on Pulse look as awesome as ever with the new track maps. Also, I can't hear it completely but I think I hear an announcer speaking during the "introduction" of a race. Finally, when a weapon's projectile goes out of bounds of the track, a greenish shield deploys to keep the explosion from the spectators. Sweet.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...arch&plindex=1
    Last edited by Dr. Angryman; 11th November 2007 at 10:59 PM. Reason: Update

PSN ID
    VHX1138: PSP, PS3, PS4, PS5, Steam

SWEET!! I am yet surprised even now at how great the graphics look of all the weapons and the tracks and lights... it's rediculous how all that can be put into such a little device that lays in the palms or your hands!!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

I saw that 2nd video live in TV, it's a german games show. The guy who is playing has absolutely no clue how to handle the game, though. He has just played it a bit for the preview (you can see almost everything is locked and he doens't even know what airbrakes are).
    Anyway; where do you see the spectator shield? At which minute is it?

Crkey. That guy is useless.

You can see the shield effect at about 3:40 on the second vid

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Wuah! I love that!!
    You guys really read the forums and our suggestions!!

PSN ID
    q_dmc12

haha, the second video is hilarious!

OUH!

Timezone
    GMT -6

Why is it hilarious, might I ask?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Maybe because he drives amazingly bad for someone who wants to make a serious preview?

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    supersox

No elitism, please. It takes some guts to drive on rapier without any practise.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

But if you make a serious preview you should at least make yourseld familiar with the game's controls and tracks. Sorry, but can you take him serious if he tells you that there is not even a memory stick in the PSP, thus no, and I mean no, savegame? He obviously didn't even know how to recharge the ship's energy or that air brakes do exist!
    Sorry, but if I want to make a serious preview I try at least to get used to the controls!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Flashback_Jack

As a demonstration of technology, the review serves its purpose (kinda). As a demonstration of skill, it clearly does not, however I don't feel it's within the scope of a review to need to demonstrate any. Besides, those guys probably have other things to do, like review a dozen other games and publish web columns, etc.

- F
    Last edited by Flashback Jack; 14th November 2007 at 07:10 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

If you understand German you will notice very fast that they do not know much about the game. If somebody previews something I expect them to look into the subject.
    Sure, they don't have to know everything about the game and its history. But that preview is, except for the videos, totally useless. He actually says just what's written on a sheet (and he says something wrong about the loyalty bonus as well...) and that's it.
    It was nice to watch (and that's it basically if you do not understand German), but if you were expecting a real look into the game (and that's what you expect when they have it the 1st time in their show) then you're on the wrong way.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Flashback_Jack

Considering that reviews are essentially news reporting, yes, I agree with you that they should communicate factual information leveraged by a reasonable degree of research. If they fail in the facts department, the credibility of their review suffers and may negatively impact opinions toward them as reviewers, or worse, toward the game. One cannot assume an audience has access to all the facts, so a reviewer as a technology reporter shoulders that burden.

Frankly, even if the review were in English, I wouldn't care for much about what any one reviewer says anyway, because I'm used to considering three sources at a minimum to guage factual consistency -- the more the better. If a reviewer has his facts on backward, strike his ass out and move on.

Putting it all together, this might be a sucky review overall, but if an intelligent consumer's buck stops with this one review, fifty lashes for being an idiot. Aside from this, I still don't think it's necessary that a reviewer demonstrates any semblance of skill, but in the case of Pulse they should know enough to be able to tell people that there are airbrakes.

- F
    Last edited by Flashback Jack; 14th November 2007 at 07:59 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -6

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...arch&plindex=0

A PSP Reporter vid. Nothing new except....

*cue drum-roll*

A vid of how the ship skin editor will look like. Sweet.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Flashback_Jack

Short, but hardcore. And the dude doing the interview looks uncannily like our own intrepid reporter, one Mr. Vic Cachou.

- F