Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Fastest Lap in a Feisar EVER - Giant Region Free Challenge!

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    P.S - what does "w/Cyclone" mean?
    Cyclone is a reward for completing the weapon challenges, it doubles your weapon damage. This doesn't do much for your lap times, but occasionally you may get a thunder bomb and drop it and eliminate some drone behind you that might otherwise have quaked you. Who knows...

Quote Originally Posted by Auri
    PS: Sick time brother laz, how did you do it? I took every speedpad and used two turbos..
    I must admit it was a very lucky run, as you see on the screenshot it's a 0.3 second difference with my previous best time.

The most important things are:

> Don't swerve all over the place, and try to take corners sharply. Any speed up located at the outside of a bend should be approached from the centre of the road. (This applies especially to the one at the crest of the first hill, which I'm convinced they put there to make you drift to the outside and lose time)

> Critical section 1: cutting the 90° left hander at the bottom of the hill. Pull up immediately after going over the crest and fly across the terrain. The straight section after the turn is long and slow, so you absolutely have to skip some of it or you'll die of old age before you reach the tunnel. Unlike on Talon's Reach, this doesn't involve flying through buildings and violating stick2trax, so feel free to ignore the official track layout.

But don't get greedy and attempt to skip half of the track. The Feisar isn't a Piranha, all you'd achieve is a hard landing followed by an uncontrolled dive into the tunnel. Also, do not attempt to break the long distance flight record. Taking a shortcut is fine, but get back onto the track without delay. The Feisar will stay afloat for about a second without losing speed, but then it stalls and falls down like a brick, killing your lap time. This is very important.

> Critical section 2: take the long wide left hander as tightly as possible, then as soon as the right wall drops away, turn hard right and use your second turbo! By using your turbo here, you can stay under turbo power until you're almost at the line. Don't wait too long to activate the turbo, or you'll crash at the upcoming bend.

The final bend can be a bit tricky because you're going very fast and are likely to hit the outside wall, the pitlane divider, or end up swerving all over the place. The bend itself is short and sharp, so a short tap of the button will suffice. Just be sure to do so very early; and hope you come out on the left side of the track. Oversteering here causes you to swerve and lose all of your turbo speed.

If you do both right, you get a lap time between 18.5 and 19.0 seconds. From there, work on nibbling off a few tenths of a second here and there until you can consistently do 18.3 laps. At that point, it's just a matter of doing so a few dozen times until you get lucky and everything happens to go your way...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

when i ll have time to do it i will move your post to the sticky thread about piloting tips of Wipeout 64.
    Because this is very interesting and must be shared to everyone but a bit off topic here
    Thx for your description Brother_Laz

Just copy it over, and leave the original here in this thread, please

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Mission Clear Major Lance

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Ok that sounds good. I will try the things you mentioned.
    I already did many of them and I constantly do 19.0 at least. But 17.x wohooo, that's good. I don't think I can beat it.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    kiTTun

Cool

Yeah I'm 100% sure I won't beat it either (aren't I humble??).

When I started this challenge I thought for sure Talon's Reach or Exostra would take it. Now I am wondering, will Klies Bridge have any real competition???

Heads up everyone, I will do a standings post on January 31 (if all goes well!) just using everyone's best times so far. Look for me, I'll be at the bottom!

Timezone
    GMT + 1

I'll try this afternoon again on klies bridge, I want to get closer to laz' time. when I did mine I thought anything below 19 would be very good..

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    kiTTun

Cool Standings as of January 31st

So we have had about a week to get this challenge going, and these are the standings for fastest FEISAR single race lap time:

1. Brother Laz - WO64 (emulated) - Klies Bridge - 00:18:20
    2. Asayyeah - WO 2097 - Talon's Reach - 00:19:50
    3. iL Nik - WO Pure - Exostra Run - 00:19:76
    4. alterego - WO Pure - Staten Park - 00:20:78
    5. insertcoin - WO64 (emulated) - Klies Bridge - 00:22:70
    6. Medusa - WO XL - Talon's Reach - 00:22:70

Regards to those who posted some great Time Trial laps but the challenge is for Single Race lap, so those laps are left out. Looking forward to seeing more times and perhaps seeing Klies Bridge lose its first place???

Next standings post will be February 28th and standings on each game along with overall fastest lap will be posted.
    Last edited by Medusa; 31st January 2007 at 05:48 PM. Reason: oops.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

( Brother Laz' time is 17.8 in TT, ruuuuuaight? )
    So I have to do single race? I thought TT is ok too.
    Then I try single race and get three turbos hehe.

Timezone
    GMT + 12

oh man i suck! i downloaded a PC version of Wipeout XL - i was using a keyboard!!

Talons Reach - 24.8 >_> lowered this to a 22.1 - still not fast but getting there

Sagarmatha - 26.6 <_<

I NEED A GAMEPAD ;_; if i get those games and neggie off Skipper in time ill update with my faster times off the PSX.
    Last edited by The Gracer; 3rd February 2007 at 09:51 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    kiTTun

Cool

auri: Yeah, but I only used Brother Laz's SR time if you look close! And you may even get more than 3 turbos eventually on one lap . I got 4 turbos on Talon's Reach the other day, but my lack of practice and control meant one really wasted opportunity! Oh well. If I could just get to the point where I can control 2 per lap it'll be a slight miracle...

The Gracer: Don't worry, you still have about 5 and a half months!!!

Timezone
    GMT + 12

oh...excellent! and medusa - trying to control a turbo with an ergo keyboards clicky keys is like...flying a retarded sheep on acid! Again!

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Ok I get it, SR only.
    That will make me have to practise so I don't waste turbos into other ships.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

Don't forget to try and use a gamepad with project 64 too!
    Xbox 360 gamepad FTW!
    (I don't own an Xbox 360. Microsoft are EVIL!

New time: Klies Bridge

Hey Medusa! Your "How freaking fast could a FEISAR go, if i FEISAR could fast go has made it as a quote!"

New time, Exostra Run Pure AU
    Last edited by rdmx; 3rd February 2007 at 06:45 AM. Reason: ;)

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    kiTTun

Cool

Nice times! (Darn it, I did a 21:6 on Talon's Reach and I'm still the slowest!!)
    (Yay made the wipe quotes again! At least I can shoot my mouth off. If only I could shoot my FEISAR off as well...)

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

Here's my contributions:

Wipeout - NTSC A - F3600 - Paul Jackson - Dual Shock (Analog Disabled)

KARBONIS V: 35.7
    TERRAMAX: 37.2

Wipeout XL - NTSC A - F5000 - John Doe - Dual Shock (Analog Disabled)

TALONS REACH: 21.6
    SAGARMATHA: 22.2

Wow. I pulled out my old copy of Wipeout 64 - hadn't been played in awhile but still in good shape - and on my first few runs I did a

0:20.7

on Kiles Bridge. And ever since the closest I've gotten was 20.8 and I worked my you-know-what off for that one.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Whaaa, crazy. Put it back on, that you know what thing and try more!

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

Kiles Bridge update:

Unbelieveable how I was able to shave off one-tenth today. I feel maxed out.

New time: 0:20.6

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

Holy Crap:

I think I was really lucky to get that time. O_________________O;

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Congrats RJ : sweet 20.1