Thread: Pure music

Question Pure music

Hi everyone

Just got a question about music packs for WipeOut Pure

I'm not a huge fan of a fair bit of the music in Pure.
    Not sure why, I just remember enjoying the music in previous versions much more.

I downloaded a couple of music packs from somewhere, then that got me thinking...

Since there's no way for Pure to access the music stored on your memory stick (an unbelievable feature omission IMO)

Would there be a way to create a custom music pack?

I tried opening up the following music packs stored on my memory stick - at least I think these are music packs...

UCES00001DA7MUSIC
    UCES00001DVOCMUSIC

Each of those folders contains the following files...
    ICON0.PNG
    PARAM.SFO
    pi.wad
    PIC1.PNG
    TEST.BIN

I remember .wad files from back in doom, there were a sort of archive to store in-game images.

I didn't get much further than that, other than the music is stored in the .wad file - I'm assuming from the file size.

Has anyone else had a poke around in these files?
    Or had any other success with creating custom music packs?

Is it possible that some day the developers would let us create custom music packs?
    Or even give us the ability to access any music stored on our memory stick?

Thanks

Ben

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MAMUTHcz

exactly...I´ve been thinking about this as well. that would be cool feature,but unfortunately it needs someone skilled who would figure out how to convert our music...
    is here anybody able to do such thing?

PSN ID
    Thorinx

the WADs have virtually no structure. i guess theyre crypted on how the data looks like - i.e. you dont find the word "canada" in any file although it should be in one of the packs. chances are also each psp carries a rsa key on some chip...

even if wed find out how those files can be read its a question in which format the music is stored. streamed (like MP3s) or sampled (like MODs)? im very sure its no "simple" datatype being used widely. surely some propritary stuff :/

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

my guess would be atrack3plus - sony's usual music storage preference, which is a streamed format

Timezone
    GMT -5

I have been hacking away at these bad boys for a while.
    They are in ATRAC3plus and they are encrypted. The WAD files are structureless and organized pretty much like .tar files, just end to end files glues together in one long stream. There are tools floating around that can split apart the WipeOut pure UMD wad files (same as the Fusion wads actually) but nothing currently available can split the packs.
    Tried a few different way to decode the packs. From the save game decrypting utilities to the bios and prx decrypting utils, no dice. Got desperate for a debugger (even though I only know 50% of what to do) but then started to screw around with the mixer.
    Decompiled the WO:Mixer to the point at which I was running it on my own site and could swap out th ein game music sources with my own MP3, sample the entire track and rebuild. Ran into authentication error trying to get yourpsp.com to return a valid response, but when I used their own data it was churning out valid homebrew packs. Since here is no way to decrypt, I figured using their encrypt method would work.
    Gave up on it and when I found some time again, the mixer was down and yourpsp.com no longer recognized the responses. And so here I am again at square one. If anyone has a mixer made pack I can analyze, PM me, I don't think I'll be giving up hope any time soon.

Now that there are no more packs, they should just release a util. Other game design studios have done similar for some in-game PSP audio. The WipeOut community would be forever indebted to Studio Liverpool at that.
    That or WipeOut for PS3 or pure2 might see the need for it and support playlists off of other medias. Life would be sweet...

Default PSP Music - Japanese v UK versions

Hi, I am new to these boards so please be gentle.

I originally imported a Japanese PSP prior to the UK relase of Sony's wonderful device in the UK. At that time, I also bought Wipeout Pure on import.

I got somewhat disallusioned by the lack of good quality games and sold my PSP for a good price on a well known Auction site.

Some years later, I am back. I have again bought a japanese import PSP as I saw the gorgeous blue version and thought it a must have option.

Remembering what a great game Wipeout was, I bought a UK version of it from that same auction site.

My question is this... do you get a different Playlist between the different regions of Wipeout? I know that you can download music, vehicles and maps etc but I can't find the tunes that I previously loved on my Japanese version. Does anyone have the two playlists of music so that I can try and source the music on the internet?

Thanks in advance - it's good to be back on board. There are lots of great titles on the PSP now and I am looking forward to my PS3. I got my pre-order in with GAME within three minutes of their email notification re Pre-orders being sent out... so I am at lest hopeful that I will get one on release day.

Smithy

PSN ID
    infoxicated

Oooh! I saw the blue PSP yesterday and was drooling over it.

Charlie's Wipeout Pure (Hellfire) FAQ includes the music lists, so check that out.

Welcome to the site, too.

Thanks for such a quick reply. I will check the list out shortly but it looks like just what I was looking for.
    The blue PSP is absolutely fantastic. As I had previously had a black one and i wanted to get a new one, I needed the 'wow' factor to convince myself that I would get a second one. I bought mine from eBay. The vendor was fantastic and I am really happy with it. I have gone a bit mad on the games front and bought the following
    Lumines II
    Field Commander
    Killzone
    Syphon Filter
    Every Extend Extra
    PES 6
    Mercury Meltdown
    but most importantly...
    Wipeout Pure - it is still my favourite game. The perfect combo of racing and shooting, speed, skill, great graphics, great audio. I just played it through my Denon Home stereo - it sounds awesome. I wish there was a way to output the video - maybe we will be able to do something in the future.

Thanks again

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Wellcome 'a board Smithy1428

Ive stored here click on the Wipeout Pure extra pack file directorie ( then jap version) and that's all the japanese dowloadable content i own. The japaneses site for Wipeout Pure has ended few months ago

About the output video to link your psp to a tv , the only way is pspontv or psp2tv, i am using a Blaze TV adaptater for recording the multiplayer sessions we did over the Net through Xlink Kai ( quality on tv is like ps1 graphics but honestly that rocks for the purpose i meant for this)