Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Venom Karbonis TT Challenge!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    WZ_Task

Default Venom Karbonis TT Challenge!

So the little guy has taken to waking up at 3-4 AM, and then going back to sleep.
    For some reason, I'm not quite managing the "back to sleep" part anywhere near as well as he is.

At the same time, I'm getting congratulations on my new Karbonis times, which is great except that I don't have any. I'm still being beaten by Lance and his FEISAR because I'm having great difficulty getting that Qirex around the track in any better time than what I've done previously in an AG Sys.

What does this add up to? If you guessed "TT Challenge!" then you're right!

Anyone can enter, the game is NTSC WO1. No set time limit, the challenge goes until everyone is bored with it and stops posting. The rules are that you post your best recent times in the usual place and then you post something here to get me to notice your new time. Then I add you to the standings.

After getting in an AG Sys with Daniel Chang, I've done one of the best flights I can manage:
    Code:
    Track      - Lap 1 - Lap 2 - Lap 3 - Total
    Karbonis V - 44.4  - 45.5  - 45.4  - 2:15.3
    Current Standings:
    (standings moved to post #55)
    Last edited by Task; 17th May 2007 at 02:13 PM. Reason: Updated standings 9th time

What?! You finally beat my FEISAR time?
    Hm.. if the mood strikes, I shall warm up my slugly beauty, in its glorious yellow and blue, and see what I can do.

My times, if any, I shall edit into this post.
    Come to think of it, I was using the Sophia de la Rente [sp?] version, so it wasn't yellow and blue.

Feisar:
    Best lap: 46.80
    Best race: 2:22.70
    Last edited by Lance; 16th January 2007 at 04:50 PM. Reason: add times

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    WZ_Task

8 ) Indeed I did! I just had to get over my desire to beat my records with Qirex. Isadora and her boundless enthusiasm for AG Sys did the trick. 8 D

Sofia de la Rente is indeed Yellow/Blue. With White added in.
    Paul Jackson is Red/White/Blue, very similar, but no yellow.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    kiTTun

Cool Yes, I'm in...

Okay! All my times will be for AG Systems (KIT piloting under the name John Dekka...). I gave it a go today and came up with:

Race time: 2:22:0 (sorry I didn't write down each lap time. will be sure to get it next time)
    Lap time: 0:46:9

Feisar's turn!
    I will add any new times to this post.

Isadora and her boundless enthusiasm for AG Sys did the trick. 8 D
    I do come across as a bit rabid, don't I? Especially considering a lot of my WO3 records entered in are Icaras records...I'll fix that sometime.

Session 2 Times:
    Lap 1 - Lap 2 - Lap 3 - Total
    47:1 - 47:0 - 46:5 - 2:20:6
    Session 3 Times:
    45:9 - 46:2 - 45:8 - 2:17:9
    Session 4 Times:
    45:0 - 45:5 - 45:9 - 2:16:4
    Last edited by Medusa; 28th January 2007 at 09:31 PM. Reason: new times

Well, for the most part, Icaras is the way to go in WO3. Twisty courses in Phantom class offer the occasional opportunity for a great times with something else. With the original, though, I've played it almost not at all, so I've no idea what works best where.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    kiTTun

Cool

Ahem...uh, Session 3 was a good one for me.
    I've finally got the hang of that hyperthrust start!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    WZ_Task

Oooh! Well done! I have _such_ a hard time getting the good start.

I don't suppose you've found a good way to get it reliably besides "use an analog thrust button and hold it partway down", have you?

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    kiTTun

Cool

Quote from Wipeout Guide: "...feather the thrust so that it is in the third bar from right"
    ie. wear your thumb out by tapping the thrust button (I use the B button on my negcon which I believe is digital??) and about one time out of ten (Tonight I had it down to one out five, lol) you get the real, full speed at start hyperthrust.

Easier said than done!!!

I will always remember the day I got to be on top of the world wipeout record tables...on a table with only three pilots, haha!! I am really enjoying playing Wipeout. I thought it would be a "chore" (dare I call it that? NO!) after playing wip3out so much, but not so. It really does seem FAST, not just the speed but the way the tracks are laid out.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    WZ_Task

Finally got the kid down early and put in some good WO time...

My very first run at it, I manage:
    46.1 + 46.1 + 45.7 = 2:17.9

And after a couple more runs that don't surpass that I think to myself "nice run! that should be getting me close to 1st place on this track again!". Only to find out that your time is... 2:17.9! And you've got a better laptime than me! So back for a couple more runs...

45.7 + 45.9 + 45.7 = 2:17.3!

Retaking the gold!

I think you'll be keeping the lap record though, and until I pull off the turbo start that'll be the best I can likely manage on this course.

Which means it's time to have a look at some of the other times that have defeated me... 8 )

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    kiTTun

Cool

Ooooh, sweet race! Three 45 second laps I may have to lay off my Feisar challenge a bit and give this one another effort.
    Very nice, Task!

(P.S. Did you see the Rapier lap time? I beat my AG time with a Feisar so I had to go back and wear my thumb out until AG was on top again )

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    WZ_Task

8 D Gotta love how you can have trouble beating FEISAR times in this WO!
    The speed differences tend to be nowhere near as important as the handling differences. Every single craft slides in turning, momentum carrying you a significant distance towards the edge of the track, before the accelleration of your thrusters has finally managed to change your vector.

Oh yes, I saw your lap times. Mostly I was fixated on your race times, though. Like that one for Venom Altima VII that was giving you the gold. 8 )

As soon as I've finished with the Venom times, I'll move up to the Rapier times. Then, after that, I'll see what I can do in that FEISAR challenge!

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    kiTTun

Cool

Yeah, I wondered how long it would be before your Qirex took top spot again!
    (It was fun while it lasted!)
    I'm currently very distracted trying to come close to Asa's 2097 Talon's Reach time and my neggie is very uncooperative with the game. I'm wearing out my reset button as it develops a odd steering bug about every ten races.
    This is a good time to go back to the original!!

Sorry, folks, I've been totally inactive on Wipeout or any other game since last I posted a time oh so long ago. [Hangs head in shame.]

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    kiTTun

Cool Taking Back Karbonis!!!

(That's okay Lance.I'm sure you have more important things in life to do. Me, I just ignore the more important things.)

I sat down for Session 4 today, got my time down to 2:17:8 and was really having trouble getting a boost start. I thought, my goodness, I don't think it's even possible to break a 45:6 lap time or even a 2:17:00 race time.

WAS I WRONG OR WHAT??
    First lap - 00:45:00 Second lap - 00:45:50 Third lap - 00:45:9
    Race time - 2:16:40

On the second lap I was thinking, oh my freaking AG SYS, I did a 45!
    On the third lap I really could have done better controlling my craft but the whole lap I was thinking, if I don't touch those walls I'm gonna break 2:17!!!

WHOA, my eyes are sore!
    (WipEout - poor eyesight one game at a time...)

Big congrats, Iasabel! Awesome times.

--------------

Not related to this TT challenge, but I now hold the Karbonis 5 Venom race record with a Feisar at 2:26.3.

I'm sure it won't last long now that I've drawn attention to it, and someone will beat it with an AG-Sys, but right now I'm ahead of your AG-Sys times. Actually, I should be able to beat it with a Feisar since my best lap was a 47.4 and I've done better than that on TT.

edit: make that 2:25.2
    But I still haven't improved the laptime.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    kiTTun

Cool

Yes, very nice race time Lance!
    (As I rush off to fix the discrepency between my TT records and SR records...determined to be Kween of Karbonis...)

Done. :8
    Last edited by Medusa; 29th January 2007 at 02:11 AM. Reason: evil lol...

Tsk. You used an AG-Sys to do it. hmf.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    kiTTun

Cool

Yeppers. It's my mother ship, after all.
    (I'd feel bad using anything else in this game to get my fastest records.)

#!!!#%
    TASK! You took it away!!! (cry...)

Incredibly sweet times. I have my work cut out for me.
    (The competition in this challenge may be "scarce" but it is certainly fierce!)
    Last edited by Medusa; 29th January 2007 at 03:35 AM. Reason: saw the home page...

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    WZ_Task

... I got the turbo start.

So I'm afraid your reign as Kween o' Karbonis didn't last very long.

Sorry about that.

Nah, you're right, I'm not that sorry. 8 )

Edit: They're not that sweet. I mean, the inital good lap is very nice, but the follow-up laps are a bit lacking.
    I was starting to do almost consistent 45 second laps when I started getting the turbo start regularly. 1/3 I'd say.
    I haven't got both of them happening at the same time yet, sub 1:15 on this track is definitely possible.
    You're definitely pushing me to achieve my best, so if someone's going to manage a 1:15 it'll be you before me.

Last edited by Task; 29th January 2007 at 03:49 AM. Reason: Updating

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    kiTTun

Cool

"your reign as Kween o' Karbonis didn't last very long" (Quick, put down the rebels, lol!)
    I will be back at work to Karbonis soon, hopefully the turbo fairy will be smiling on me! Will take a lot of fairy dust for me to beat your time, methinks.

(Speaking of the turbo fairy, she gave me FOUR turbos on Talon's Reach the other day and I just couldn't handle the little FEISAR!grrr.)