Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Music

Default Music

What do you guys think of keeping a lot of the music in the new game old school?

What I mean is keeping it sounding Wipeout XL-esque.

Wipeout Pure was an absolutely incredible game... but I have to admit it felt a lot more Pure when the downloadable ol' school tracks came out for it! I bet licensing older music has got to be cheaper too! Maybe that could translate into more of it

Just a thought.

Of course XL / 2097 style, also with an essence out
    of the first WipEout. Here are my nominations:

From Sweden:
    Adam Beyer: http://www.drumcode.se/
    (Ignition Key, for ex.: Flamethrower, etc..)

Fluke:http://www.zedigitalhub.com/fluke/fluke_full.html
    (not the "new" album, please)

Photek: http://www.photekproductions.com/
    (Attention, a clever selection only!)

No doubt: UK has made the best electronic music, in my
    opinion. And also Sasha - a few Qirex themes, please.
    But theres also good music from my country:

Alexander Kowalski: http://www.alexanderkowalski.de/vers...startseite.htm
    (please, only instrumental versions)

Heiko Laux: http://www.kanzleramt.com/
    (clever selection would be needful)

Monika Kruse: http://www.monikakruse.de/
    (the first tracks of "Voodooamt" - nice and dark)

Paul Kalkbrenner: http://www.bpitchcontrol.de/
    (clever selection)

I hate the Pure OST, although I have nearly all AFX Albms.
    Sony, please stop it, stop the new-style-age-cross-over-stolen-melody-no-music way so many other companies are going. Please also ad
    custom OST. If you think of Chemical Brothers: Only the "old" tracks.
    Great Thread btw.
    Last edited by qirex-rd; 3rd January 2007 at 07:54 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

I would go Fusion's direction. Maybe a bit more bumping, something that make you feel fast. Something between trance and house I would say? Dunno.

That photek site kicks ass!

I liked the music in pure but preferred the wip3out stuff because it was fast, dark and perfectly matched the game.

Wipeout from the very beginning was always seen as a game that gave you the future. Dance music at the time was still seen as this futuristic, alien music that held potential for something bigger so they both married pretty well. Even though Dance bubble's now burst for future Wipeouts to have old skool tunes kind of goes against the Wipeout ideology of delivering the future. There are recent Dance tunes with that ruthless Wipeout 2097 type mentality of old out there, the Wipeout developers/music consultant type people just need to find them. The tunes on Fusion and Pure are great tunes no doubt but the lighter, dare I say it 'Funkier' Breaks just don't cut it for me on a Wipeout game. The last great Wipeout tune for me was Bolt Up by Luke Slater

Beep it, pay Sasha big cash and get him to do more tunes for the next game
    Last edited by Leftism; 3rd January 2007 at 09:44 PM.

Yeah Leftism, Sasha for sure with lots of CoLD SToRAGE thrown in too (the musical essence of wipEout)

I'd really like to hear some music by Infected Mushroom in the next game. Haven't heard all of their work yet, but some of their tracks like 'Return Of The Shadows' and 'Cities Of The Future' really sound like they retain the feel of the older games and at the same time deliver something fresh, IMO.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

If SL can get as many classic tracks into the game as possible (WE HAVE EXPLOSIVE! ), the game will be twice as good.
    It also has to have Krushyn in it.

Otherwise, let us upload our own songs and have a custom soundtrack. But no Rammstein. That means you Rob.

How about Used Abused from Elite Force? It's on his myspace page.

PSN ID
    VHX1138: PSP, PS3, PS4, PS5, Steam

Well, in the next generation game, I believe that if they could possibly take all the best quality sounds of tracks to brighten their imagination I bit more, they could create better music than just on previous Wipeouts. Don't get me wrong, they were good, but can be so much better!! (I'm not to much of a fan of Wipeout Pure music, they all sound too similar, and all other tracks suck to me). Other Wipeouts had their own style, if their could just be a style to blow all the others out of the water, as well as track design, craft design, and atmosphere (weather effects, environment), and to be able to improve like that every time by considering past failures and achievements, that's the kind of Wipeout atmosphere I ask for...

Um...what about CoLD SToRAGE?

His recent "Melt" album was fantastic and he's said he is always up for more Wipeout.

Unhappy Music for forthcoming games...

Thanks for the vote!

Seems I was overlooked completely for Pulse. :-

So, I contacted Sony about being included in the next PS3 outing and the response was "...not exactly sure of the direction yet for Wipeout PS3 musically, but I'm not sure we will need any music from you on this one".

I don't think I've upset anyone there, and the vast majority of people seemed to give a good response to Onyx on PSP.

Maybe there are wheels within wheels that I'm not aware of or privvy to?

Perhaps I should start a petition? Hehehehe!

All the best,
    C.S.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    WZ_Task

That's a shame Tim, your stuff has been my favourite music in all of Pure.

It's probably just me, but it seems like your tracks are more likely to come up when I'm playing the "classic" tracks, and it's really made them that much better. Cairodrome on Altima VII, Canada on Sagarmatha, it's so fitting.

They're likely looking for "a new sound" though, something that would appeal to the younger crowd, not music to please us in the "over 30" category.

Ah well, since we'll be able to add our own music in, it doesn't matter much if you're in the Pulse soundtrack that ships, we'll be able to add you in right away ourselves. 8 )

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    xEik

Thumbs down

Onyx and Mean Red were the best songs in Pure.
    I cannot believe they turned you down.

Yes it`s a real shame - Onyx was my favourite track in Pure by far. Gives me a real feeling and really suited the game style. Aphex Twin came up with something that probably sounds better backwards, but gets another go.

I only got into original WipEout this year, and you`ve been told a million times before, but your music on that game is just unique and so perfect for F3600.

PSN ID

Ils was my favorite Artist from Pure, but I still dramatically love Cold Storage from Wipeout and Wipeout 3... you're a part of Wipeout, considering you were the main musician for the first game... you need to be included in all versions as far as I'm concerned.

PSN ID
    stin_wz

Sorry to hear that.

I do really love your songs like Onyx, Original Wipeout`s songs, to me, it`s feel raw!

stevie

PSN ID
    alteregorr

Hi All.

Some years ago i was an italian music reviewer and all wipeout's ost are on the top of my scores

Future Sound Of London
    Aphex Twin (AFX-Richard d James)
    Photek (Rupert Parkes)
    Orbital (Hartnoll's family)
    Prodigy
    Fluke

and so on......

Now I make a radiophonic program with cool, electronic, avantgarde and tendence music......ih ih ih

in some week playlist i send on air Photek's C note, Cold Storage's Onyx, Plump Dj's and Cross the Line.... my preferred stuff from Pure's OST.....
    aaaah! my first startprogram music was Hartnoll's Boot Up! one minute of Pure Adrenalin!

and now i'm waiting for Pulse OST .....and the music of the Teaser is...wow!.....

The Wipeout Game is perfect with Electronic music.
    I don't imagine it with sound of rock, or metal, or pop, but with digital and electronic sound from the history to the now time.

I see the list of Track from Pulse and see the Kraftwerk one "Aero Dynamic" from the Album 'Tour de France" and i've the feeling of the End of the circle, from past to future, through the media of game and music....... it's simply perfect!

Read You Soon
    CdRom

ps excuse my bad english...but it is so.....ah ah ah

Timezone
    GMT -5

more higher bpm dance and progressive trance, please. maybe just a touch of some light and fluffy DnB(similar to the last few GitS games). while fusion had a great soundtrack, i think that over all breaks and big beat should be kept to a minimum. no house at all, except daft punk. i bet they could come up with something cool.

also, CoLD SToRAGE deserves to have at least one song in every wipeout. period.
    it's a matter of tradition and honor.

also...
    what happened to commissioned music? i don't mind licensed stuff, but music that was made just for the game is cooler. like what they did with CoLD SToRAGE and sasha. awesome.
    Last edited by exarkann; 27th June 2007 at 10:36 AM.

PSN ID

I agree with exarkann completely, commissioned music kept a very good overall-style of the Wipeout game. As for CoLD SToRAGE, to be honest, I think it went down the toilet in Pure. If I listen to the first Wipeout's music, then to Onyx, I think "What the hell happened to the depth??" Wipeout's music is an overall reflection of the game, a very important aspect... Wipeout overall seems it has left it's mystic side in the gutter from the first Wipeout, and went to a more quick fast speed-freak scheme in Wipeout XL, and moved on into that. It was good, but the mystic was lost. The very thing that made Wipeout dreamy and gave you goosebumps as you slept was bleached out into a Pure color (style), but I felt a lot more adrenalin rushes when the mystic depth was still their in the musical atmosphere. Aren't I right or what?!