Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wipeout D/L help - I searched first

Timezone
    GMT -5

Default Wipeout D/L help - I searched first

I just got Wipeout for my new PSP and LOVE IT. The original was our crack in college even though certain activities do "help" slow the game down a bit..

I am trying to download the Gamma and Delta packs and I have a connection to my home network. The WPA works with the new firmware.

BUT.

When I go to the Download area in the Wipeout menus it shows my connection (titled "A") as well as offers to look for one. It will not let me use my "A" network connection, it is like it is greyed out.

It will offer to scan for a new one but there are no strong signals near me.

Why will it not use my home network connection. Other systems like my gf's laptop, my laptop and my Xbox 360 all use the network no problem.

Is there a better way to get these packs? I use a mac so if I can do it via the PSP, all the better.

Thanks.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    xEik

I've gotten all my downloads from the official Pure site with Safari and no problems. In my case it was the European verision of Pure and an a fully upgraded version of Tiger.

Which versions of Pure and MacOS do you have?

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

firefox on my tiger install also has no issues (US and EU pure equally)
    all you need is a usb lead like what often comes with a digicam

Timezone
    GMT -5

I have the most recent Mac OSX.

I have Wipeout Pure version 5.0

do I need to use PSPWare or can I just download the files straight to my PSP?

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

programs like ipsp or pspware etc are useful for synching stuff on your psp with stuff you have already downloaded. but for downloading from official sites into the psp they are not necessary. all you need is a browser and a usb cable
    the sites start a java app that tries to find a memstick. once it spots that it will download the files into the right places so all you need to do is start the game

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

make sure you DL the stuff in relation with the version of wipeout you have :
    Wipeout UMD euro need the Euro packs same for Us.
    Wipeout Japanese needs the ingame browser to DL only by wifi the jap packs.
    Wipeout korean has no DL content.

Timezone
    GMT -5

Wow. That was pretty easy from the site.

I downloaded them all but for some reason Classic 1 is not showing up.

I will try to D/L it again.

I found Classic 1 in my save utility but it is not showing up in the game with the others. I deleted it from the save utility and redownloaded, turned my PSP off and back on. It is still not there.

I am still SO MUCH better off now than I was a few hours ago. Thank you all SO much for the help. If anyone knows why my US version (5.0) of Wipeout Pure will not recognize the Classic 1 pack that would be awesome!

Thank you again.
    Last edited by dawgfan; 16th March 2006 at 05:31 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -5

Cound Classic 1 stuff be hidden somewhere else?

In my searches, it seems as though I could have the Classic 1 stuff but it could be somewhere else based on my order of download.

I downloaded in the following order:
    Gamma 1, 2, 3
    Classic 1, 2, 3
    Delta 1, 2

PSN ID
    stin_wz

I`ve been thinking after you said about Classic pack1 but I`m curious to know how many golds you have so far?

stevie

Timezone
    GMT -5

I just started the game and am a Rookie.
    Do I have to unlock Classic 1 track and craft?

That would be weird as I can see Classic 2 stuff.

I need to check when I get home to see if the Classic 1 stuff is just in the wrong place.

PSN ID
    stin_wz

AAAhhhhh!!, that is why you can`t get in yet!! and yes you have to complete the rest of the games to unlock Classic 1!.

Good Luck! oh something else just to let you know, you have 329 golds to complete

stevie

Timezone
    GMT -5

weird.

So I have to do nothing to see Classic 2 pack but..

I have to unlock Classic 1 pack with golds???

kinda weird but I will have fun with the races regardless..

If you have no classic tracks available(not counting the group that says clasic 2=4tracks), you need to open them up, one track by one track. I forgot the name of the first one in the original game. The numbers that you download do not correspond to the numbers on your psp. the 3 packs that you download are all for the classic 2 group of tracks on your psp, the first classic group you need to open up because it is already on the disc

Timezone
    GMT -5

This seems to make sense as I can see "Classic 2" as an option.

So are you saying that I have the tracks and crafts from the pack but need to unlock them?

I think I have about to 5 golds in the slowest class and only today after downloading ALL the packs, did Classic 2 show up.

Timezone
    GMT -5

I got it.
    Zoolander mentioned that the downloads to not correspond to the menus or what shows up (and how) on the PSP. Now that I look at PSP the only Classic is 2, there is not even a Classic 3 in the menu.

Thing is, I checked for the tracks and crafts and they are all there.

I am stoked. I have TONS of racing to do.

Now I can apply my OCD to checking out the possibly getting the Euro version of this game and some of the wacky tracks it has...

Thank you all for the help.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    xEik

I'm glad our users could help you.
    Mhhh..., that's why WOZone rocks compared to other forums. Everyone tries to help and no one is ever treated as a noob.

I hope you stay with us now that your problem is solved.
    And don't forget to tell us when you get all medals.

Timezone
    GMT -5

I will definitely stick around.

I have only scratched the surface of this site (forum). Looks like there is a good bit of info here and the folks were cool.

A few comments since I got the new packs..

The Icara craft ROCKS!!
    Staten Park and that track in the clouds are AWESOME!
    There is some track that is short but VERY wide. Oh what fun to haul a$$ in... (it is the last track in one of the classes or something).

I golded two tournaments last night and one of them must have had 8 races. Sweet.

I am still a bit curious as to why my established PSP network connection that works fine with my PSP, 360 and other computers will not be allowed by Wipeout Pure.

When I enter the download area and get to the screen for selecting a connection, my connection (that works with everything else) is greyed out.
    Anyone know what causes this. (I have WLAN enabled).

My home network is WPA - Personal enabled. I do not know if this matters as the connection works fine on the PSP itself, it is just the in-game WO area that greys out my connection as an option.

weird.
    Last edited by Lance; 17th March 2006 at 06:42 PM. Reason: merged 2 consecutive posts by same poster

PSN ID
    stin_wz

Here is the link for ilink http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2148

What version do you have?, is it U.S?

Just to let you know Euro= 329 golds(with Omega pack), U.S.=284 golds (without Omega pack).

stevie

Timezone
    GMT -5

I am reading through all the pages of this post..still.

My first thought is that I do not need (right now) to play others wirelessly.

I am simply confused why the Wipeout Download screen greys out an established connection on my PSP. I can browse the internet on my PSP using that Infrastructure connection but WO will not let me use it for "Download". It does not even try, as the connection is greyed out.

I will keep reading..

Thank you.

---

http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/sho...ght=connection

I think this may be it. My PSP accepts WPA protected connections but Wipeout does not appear to...

I can test this soon.
    Last edited by Lance; 17th March 2006 at 06:51 PM. Reason: merged two consecutive posts by same poster

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan
    I am still a bit curious as to why my established PSP network connection that works fine with my PSP, 360 and other computers will not be allowed by Wipeout Pure.
    Wipeout pure is not an infrastructure game that's probably the reason for that
    If you wanna play online with wipeout Pure you should read carefully the link Stin gave you . You need to setup your psp for Ad-Hoc mode( and not infrastructure )

Edit : I misunderstood your question it seems
    Last edited by Asayyeah; 17th March 2006 at 06:58 PM.