Thread: Different psp firmwares & Xlink Kai

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Exclamation Different psp firmwares & Xlink Kai

Few weeks ago playing Pure on Kai was like it always did : Fabulous , apart from few bugs of DWL owners with win XP and for those who always get a low upload connection ( mostly livebox users from Orange ) or those who run their psp at 333 mghz permanently with homebrew.
    Except those 3 cases, kai was just a bliss , but very recently times have changed : ok this is not a huge changment but enough to been noticed : while racing few ships are less visible than before : for me they seem disapearing for a micro second and goes back to normal & doing this every sec : nothing compare to the pain in the ass with bad pingers but it's not more like it was before.
    The solution probably comes from the new psp firmware : 3.01
    yesterday a friend of mine who is aware of new hackers' perf said that they estimated by few tests, the frequency of psp running 3.01 : it's not more 222 mghz, nope 333 , but in between the 2 : actually they said they measured few psps at 266 mghz...
    To resume 266 provides more fps than my 222 can support , probably 4 or 5 more but those missed frames are a possible reason for not being able for me to view ships constantly.

After the F***** region code for multiplayer , now appears bloody firmware code...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

hehe no problem for us 1.5 firmwares
    But in general: one more reason not to update

Max, I think it is potentially a problem for 1.5 firmwares, because you can either run at 222mhz and get the problem Asa has, or run at 333mhz and cause the problem to be worse.

Asa, I think you`re right about something working faster in the PSP at 3.01, but it`s only a slight change not the huge leap you`re supposed to get on 333 mhz. After I upgraded mine to 3.01 I noticed very few changes to load times. It still takes almost 2 minutes to go from booting the umd to being on track racing. A race still takes 15-20 seconds to load. These things are probably fixed by umd speeds and other stuff the psp has to do. But it loads quicker in 2 areas thtat I noticed. TTs load quicker generally. I measured some TT loading times on 2.8 firmware at 40 seconds. On 3.01 it`s never more than 20. Exiting the race and going back to the main menu is now quick, just two or three seconds. I`m sure this was longer before, but it`s not something I timed.

As for race performance, I can`t really see any difference. Perhaps Modesto SR was slightly smoother against the AI, but it`s very hard to tell and certainly not a WOW difference. I haven`t done any TT since upgrading, but I will have a go at some point to see if I can notice a difference to framerate or times.

As for Kai, in the long run we might have to all have the latest firmware, or just all have downgraded 1.5 PSPs and run at 333. I`m sure that running a 233 or 266 mhz psp against a 333 causes just the problem you say, only much worse. But with three possible PSP speeds it`s all much more difficult.

So if you have got a 1.5 fw PSP - you should run pure at 266 Mhz to play on Kai ?

Can anyone confirm this?

...just tried it and it locked when loading up

I everyone on Kai using firmware 3.01 now yeah?

If you are using a 1.5 firmware psp, should you set it to 266 or 333 Mhz? Has anybody else with 1.5 firmware getting a game on Kai?
    Last edited by RingoSpoon; 3rd January 2007 at 01:49 AM. Reason: Kai Test :)

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Had 1.5, 266 ran successfully when I played with asa.

PSN ID
    stin_wz

Yes, you ran sucessfully but your ship were jumping like a maniac! I was having trouble to shoot you!

stevie

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

But yesterday I didn't have 1.5, stin.
    That was caused by my internet connection, nothing to do with my PSP's clocking I guess.
    I'll get DSL 16000 soon (hopefully), maybe my upload is higher then too. That could make Kai sessions a lot more fun in future

PSN ID
    Livitarium

Talking

For 1.5 players you should be upgrade for the new Custom Firmwar from Dark_Alex, the lastest is 3.03, its totaly the same with some possibility like psx game on psp, run homebrew 1.5 and 3.02 direct from the "XMB game" and more stuffs...

Upgrade (with of course possibility to come back in 1.5 )

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

already did yesterday

PSN ID
    q_dmc12

Quote Originally Posted by Livitarium View Post
    For 1.5 players you should be upgrade for the new Custom Firmwar from Dark_Alex, the lastest is 3.03, its totaly the same with some possibility like psx game on psp, run homebrew 1.5 and 3.02 direct from the "XMB game" and more stuffs...

Upgrade (with of course possibility to come back in 1.5 )
    Haste makes waste Liv, I'm waiting till DH plays psx games

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by q_dmc12 View Post
    It does play PSX games, does it not?

Great - finally got 3.01 sorted out Hopefully this will sort my kai problems out
    Last edited by RingoSpoon; 6th January 2007 at 06:36 PM.

PSN ID
    Livitarium

Quote Originally Posted by q_dmc12 View Post
    DH is a great program but a real FW install in your psp is better... 3.02 OE B FF7, Sled Storm, Wipeout Series, Tomb Raider, (Tombi 2 ) And more fun game.

DA is more fast than Booster (lol very funny this joke ) and im not sur too see booster Rlz a version compatible with Psx game... After its you psp ^^

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

With 3.02 OE-A you can also add your own manuals to the game. I think I'll start one for WO3SE

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    IwannaTinkle

Hey guys, anyone selling a DWL for playing KAI?
    Never had the chance to play online and I'm really willing to start racing again whenever I have time

PSN ID
    Livitarium

Wink

Go to Ebay its the only solution to buy it
    Last edited by Task; 1st February 2007 at 01:08 AM. Reason: Quote removed

PSN ID
    stin_wz

Here is the link

stevie

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    IwannaTinkle

Tried it but couldn't find one available now

I'll be on holidays anyways, so I'll try to get one when I come back...

Thanks a lot for the link

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Try Amazon they have both adapters available as I recall DWL is cheap there

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Make sure it's the DWL 122 (11 mbps : the one Stin mentionned on his link) and not the G122 ( 54 mbps).
    The second is not compatable with Kai