Thread: P-Mar Project

Default P-Mar Project

This is a nice, quite soft little track in Vector, Venom, i tend to find. But come Rapier, and the fangs come out. A nightmarish progression of stops and starts, cruel hairpins. Even the two big turns at the beginning (the second and third turns i think?) are too long to airbrake around, but to short to just bam it round as usual. Anyone else think this track changes somewhat in the higher classes?

PSN ID
    infoxicated

Yes, definitely - a few of the tracks definitely change in character from the easiest speed class to the fastest.

Aye, at the slower speeds, P-Mar is a gentle experience; but from Rapier onwards, it's an absolute monster.

I would have said Stanza Inter or possibly Sampa Run were the ones i found most difficult previously, espescially in Venom, but they were quite a "pleasant" experience in Rapier, whilst P-Mar is the aforementioned nightmare.

This is without a doubt my favourite track. Like the zig zag turns before the big ramp, point your nose upwards here and lightly tap left... for some reason the ship will navigate them in the air. Also the turn and massive large ramp, if you fly into the air and sharp left then turn back you gain massive height- I once was able to fly to the finish line without the wuss machine picking me up!

This track looks beautifal too and the general layout is calming but also has me sitting on the edge of my seat. And I always play in phantom

I might have to try that on the hairpin, otherwise it tends to be a hit and miss experience.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

It seems to me just a few tweaky taps on the airbrakes will surffice to get you around that hairpin.

Just keep the nose of your craft heading in the right direction,just before you go to actually turn the nose use the air brakes to move you backside around [thats where your thrust is coming from],easy once you get it down pat.
    Last edited by Asayyeah; 30th November 2006 at 03:58 PM. Reason: quote removed

I dont know, i think i have tried that and it works on the first corner, but you go nose first into the second.

PSN ID
    VHX1138: PSP, PS3, PS4, PS5, Steam

Well keep trying it, it takes a lot of practice, I still don't have it down, but I've done it more than once, barely... barely's the only way!! keep it up...

Ive had more luck with it recently, on the hairpin you just need to go slow and stick on the centre line, and start the turns long before the actually turn begins. Is what i have found. I think the name of the game in the later classes is restraint really.

I think of all the tracks, pmar project is best taken with the counter braking technique. I know that right up to the tunnel I can usually go at full speed with only light tapping on the airbrakes opposite to the direction of the curve. After the tunnel I use very short jabs of left+right brakes at the same time to navigate the hairpins. After that it isn't hard even at rapier speed, which is all I play at. What you do is engage both airbrakes very hard for maybe 1 second, which will cause the craft to lose speed very quickly, even become unsettled a bit, and then turn in. I do the same on megamall in order to complete the corkscrew without hitting the edges or bottoming out. Just one jab right before is enough, and I've done a 32.5s (assegai) lap on megamall even with this maybe wasteful brake use.

Talking

Haha, took me almost a month to actually FINISH this track as part of the racing challenge. After racing with the Icarus on phantom though, rapier gets a bet easier..

PSN ID
    VHX1138: PSP, PS3, PS4, PS5, Steam

I wouldn't need to user both at the same time with the Assegai, anything can be done with that son-of-a-gun!!!