Thread: Wipeout Pure Intro

Smile Wipeout Pure Intro

I dont know about you guys, but the Wipeout Pure Intro is the best thing I think I have ever seen

I think I have viewed it at least once....every week since March 05 Still makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck.....awesome is an understatement

Pure's intro is great, but IMO, Wip3out's intro is the best of all the WipEout intros, and is still one of the very best intros I've seen.

I didn't play Wipeout 3....is this the intro on Gamespot where the peices of 3 ships are slowing flying together and then the ships fly in reverse / interspersed with logos?

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

you are correct
    personally I prefer the 2097 intro

Yeah bro - Just watched the 2097 intro again on You Tube it was awesome I can remember being totally blown away by it the first time I seen it

W30 intro is the best IMO.
    How about getting all the intros up on this site for our viewing pleasure?

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Wiepout 3 into rules with a vengeance I must go view it right this very second

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

WipEout
    WipEout 2097/XL
    I can't find the WipEout64 intro anywhere (assuming it had it's own one)
    Wip3out (and SE)
    WipEout Fusion
    WipEout Pure

love the pure intro cos the sound makes the hairs on your neck go all funny =P very classy too

also love to play the fusion one with my headphones on and turn the volume right up.

I have to say that good music needs to be in the intro movies.
    Last edited by andy; 1st November 2006 at 10:17 PM.

All the WipEout intros made my hair stand on end a bit the first time I saw them, but none of the others make my hair stand on end as tremendously or as invariably as Wip3out's.

PSN ID
    alteregorr

Hi RingoSpoon, hi all

Quote Originally Posted by RingoSpoon
    I dont know about you guys, but the Wipeout Pure Intro is the best thing I think I have ever seen

I think I have viewed it at least once....every week since March 05 Still makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck.....awesome is an understatement

I'm completely in sintony with you

Hartnoll's music 'boot up' (Hartnoll is the half of Orbital Family) and the video are combined in perfect way and they involve my soul to emotional level.

GREAT!!!

Read You Soon
    CdRom

Timezone
    GMT + 1

The Pure one is my favourite, with 2097 being close on second place. the Pure one has this sense of nostalgia, you know... only the positive kind. It does feel like a big welcome back

In W3O, I like the dynamic contrast between the time when the ship pieces assemble in slow motion and when all hell seemingly breaks loose when the racing starts.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by alterego
    I'm completely in sintony with you

Hartnoll's music 'boot up' (Hartnoll is the half of Orbital Family) and the video are combined in perfect way and they involve my soul to emotional level.
    Sweet mate!

I agree, the combination of music and video is perfect. I cannot wait to see the intro for Wipeout PS3...I can only dream it will be as good as Pures

I cant wait to get PSP2Tv and see the intro 40 inches wide - Im sooo looking forward to the holidays this Christmas!

PSN ID
    alteregorr

Hi Ringospoon, hi all.

you can download the pure intro in divx version from emule on the p2p and.....see it on your mega wide tv

I see for a rival of Wipeout on PS3.....it is called 'Fatal Inertia'

here some screenshots and link to trailers.....

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/driving/...tia/index.html

Read You Soon
    CdRom

Knowing koei, I'd bet on it being seriously arcadey. I like a few of those ships but they look too much like cars for me. Looks like a lot of it will take place over open country with natural obstacles - loving that submarine you fly through. Also, the maps are massive.

The weapons sound good - each affects opponents in different ways such as magnets which pull ships towards them and affect the handling.

Looked at the trailer and it's pretty impressive but I'm not too impressed and the handling doesn't look too good - you fly up and down, not just left and right. Doesn't look as fast as wipeout either. And hopefully they ditch the metal / rock.

However, for a game still in production, it's looking a very accomplished AG racer.
    Last edited by andy; 9th November 2006 at 05:26 PM.

PSN ID
    backroom

Talking

Personally, I think the Pulse and Pure intros show off the PSP graphic power better than any other intro, however, Pure's was at a max of 222 MHz processer and Pulse's is at a max of 333 MHz processor, and there is not enough difference for me to say the Pulse intro uses all the graphics power while I could easily see that Pure's does.

I also prefer the style of intro that doesn't use in game style footage like Pure's. I think it would be interesting to have seen Pulse's intro start with the white AG-Systems ship seen in Pure's intro to come back into the hanger and the panels jump off again, the ship changes to be the Pulse shape and the new Pulse coloured panels fly on before the ship makes an exit like it does in Pure, but with the engine trails a little more obvious and a clear blast from the boosters on the sides.

I don't know what gave the inspiration for Pure's trailer, but it was good

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

Honestly, it's more inspired by the original game's opening movie than anything.

It's the only other one I know of that starts in an anti-gravity hangar

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Wipeout Pure's intro is part Wipeout 1, part Wip3out.