Thread: Altima VII in Pure vs Altima VII in WipEout

Default Altima VII in Pure vs Altima VII in WipEout

I think Altima VII in Pure is very flat compared to Altima VII in WipEout & W30.
    What do you people think?

PSN ID
    infoxicated

Agreed - I think the Wipeout 3SE version rocks compared to the Pure version.

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

I guess that's probably because the Wipeout 3SE version was an almost exact remake whereas the Pure version had to be "tamed" to account for the new physics and the memory constraints of the PSP. The Pure version seemed much shorter.

Man I will have to check out Atima VII on Wipeout 3SE I love it on Pure, I think it is my favourite track - Respect Bro

Yeah Altima V11 original then 3SE were awsome, Pure version just isn't up to scratch, very dull without any scenery too!!
    Any remake of an old track bust be almost identical with scenery to boot

The original Altima VII all the way. The Pure remake simply pales in comparison, although I think it's still pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfire
    I guess that's probably because the Wipeout 3SE version was an almost exact remake whereas the Pure version had to be "tamed" to account for the new physics and the memory constraints of the PSP. The Pure version seemed much shorter.
    I thought the PSP was loads better than a PSone?

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

It is, but to have Altima VII in its full length on the PSP they would have had to have cut back on a lot to keep the polygon count down.

Are you sure about this? Far as I can see, Pure (or the PSP for that matter) is spitting out far more polygons than the PS1 ever did. Just look at the scenery detail in Pure compared to the PS1 games.
    Last edited by Task; 13th November 2006 at 06:42 PM. Reason: Unnecessary quote removed

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Even the PSP has its limits. As I said before, the detail is far greater than the PSX, but being a handheld it is still limited by how many polygons it can display.