Thread: Home made packs: Possible?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question Home made packs: Possible?

This is the question I am asking... I know its a world apart but if you went to a fansite of any PC game more often than not there are addons and patches availiable made by the general public. With such a large homebrew community Im suprised it hasnt already happend. I realise that it will be a tough task but Im sure someone may be willing, even if its just alternate liveries, music or skins. Just a query more than anything, and may get Sony to make some more!

PSN ID
    infoxicated

No, it's not possible - the game verifys that it's a legitimate pack. It's the reason the load times aren't much quicker for downloadable content - each time you make use of the content you've download, it's files are checked for consistency.

Shame, isn't it?

Would be quite good if we could have a mod scene going for Wipeout.

Damn shame. I was really hoping something like this would be available for Pure.

Perhaps it could be done with the next WipEout, which will more than likely be for PS3.

Red face

I hope so. It would be so cool to make a difference to such a beloved franchise. Well, Konami did it with aspects of Snake Eater for PS2 and there are plenty of Xbox modders out there that have had their work posted as official downloads, maybe in a future instalment Sony and SL will follow suit.

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

how did the guys behind those international music packs (the site name escapes me) get theirs signed or whatever it needs?
    if a group of people, for example an international wipeout fansite, were to apply to the right people at sony, would it be possible to assemble a pack and have it signed by sony as a community bonuspack?

I dont really understand how this sort of thing works. Can it lead to cheating? I read on Xlink forums that people play Halo with modded games, pretending to use the real game, and thus have extra powers and cheats. We wouldn`t want any risk of this sort of thing, at any price. Or do I misunderstand?