Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: What teams would you like to appear in the next WipEout?

Talking What teams would you like to appear in the next WipEout?

After looking at the thread "Teams you don't want to see in a future wipEout", people started saying what teams they wanted to see, instead of what they didn't want to see.
    There were some good suggestions but lance soon caught on that it was hijacking and I decided to make this.

The title is self explanatory. What teams would you like to see in the next wipEout?

Maybe new teams for different nations (some people even came up with the idea of a moon or martian team on that other thread). Please put down what you'd like to see. =]

Btw, this is my first thread on here

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Good work Andy. It was MEEEE who proposed offworld teams. We also wanted EG.R back as a Chinese team is currently missing, and we wanted an Indian team, and an Arab team. I also want Icaras to stay, but that's just me

PSN ID
    infoxicated

I don't see anything wrong with this thread, for now, so I've unlocked it. Try to keep this one on topic.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Airrider1

You're all gonna hate me for backing up Zone. I won't abandon them.

So who do I WANT to see?

FEISAR: It ain't a party without the agile dancing of FEISAR. You know it, I know it. End of story.

AG-Systems: Now that they have their own style with acceleration taking top priority, they're the equally agile foil to FEISAR. And it just doesn't seem right for these vets to sit out the next WipEout.

Auricom: If they're the ONLY completely plain vanilla, well-rounded team. That's what they've been, that's what they should be, that's THEIR job.

Qirex: Another veteran who should stay in. They oughta bring they're old-school speed and shield to the table. Feliks! You listening?

Goteki45: They've re-established themselves as the only real lightweights with strong sheilding. That niche is filled ONLY by Goteki. That's why we oughta keep them.

Piranha: Of course. The super-fast top speed team, balanced everywhere else.. Who doesn't want them? Let's keep them. Without them...well, there'd be a lot less badassitude in the Leagues.

Triakis: They're kinda a toss-up. The extreme shield team...I guess the future looks bright. Because Qirex places equal emphasis on speed, right? They've still got a niche to fill.

Assegai: Better that they return as the extreme handling team.

Icaras: The drag racers. Not only do they have extreme top speed, but good acceleration, too. Yes, because everyone's gotta wonder what high top speed and pickup feel like.

Xios: If they could just look a little less ridiculous...

EG-R: Since Piranha moved to Brazil...

Zone: the closest thing to an AG formula one racer. Yes. If they can just eek out a bit of personality, yes.

New teams? The Lunar or Martian team sounds fun. Maybe Zone could be one of them...

EDIT: Added a few teams.
    Last edited by Airrider; 25th September 2006 at 10:46 PM.

My list:

Feisar - A WipEout game without Feisar is like a sandwich without a filling. There's no point in disputing it.

Auricom - Another team that's unarguably compulsary.

AG Systems - Well, what with their spectacular comeback in Pure, it would be just wrong if AG Systems dropped out again.

Qirex - Another team that made a triumphant return in Pure, and which really ought to stay for good. But I would rather that it went back to the ultra fast, floating purple tub of lard that we all know and love.

Piranha - I've always loved the Piranha, and they're such a capable team that it's unthinkable that they'll ever flop.

Goteki 45 - They well and truely re-established themselves in Pure, so I'm all in favour of them staying.

Assegai - But as long as it goes back to it's even-better-handling-than-Feisar roots.

Icaras - Piloting this beast has always been a joy, so I'd like to see more of them please!

Van Uber - Their FX300 entry is just fabulous, so I strongly support the continuation of their career.

G-Tech - I'm a firm believer of second chances. Goteki 45, Assegai, Icaras, Tigron, and Van Uber all got one, so why not G-Tech as well?

E.G.r - As mentioned in another thread, there really ought to be a Chinese team again, and I loved the E.G.r in Fusion anyway so bring 'em back I say!

Tigron - I know they can't come back anyway due to the storyline, but their FX300 entry is an absolute beauty, so I'd really like to see more of them (even though I can't ).

Xios - This was another of my favourite new teams from Fusion, so I'd be very disapointed if they were never given another chance.

Keeping it short and sweet
    Would like to see all teams from the first three installments of wipEout!!
    I would add to that list: Triakis, E.G.r and possibly Xios with a better look of course.

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

In my opinion all teams form the Wip3out era are mandatory and simply MUST be included.

Feisar, Auricom, Qirex and AG-S are the original and iconic teams that under no circumstances should ever be removed from the game. Take away any of the other 4 teams Piranha, Assegai, Icaras, Goteki 45 and your just going to piss people off, they earned their places in all future Wipeouts. If the developers want new teams then create new additions as in Pure and don’t be removing the old teams

I don’t fly Triakis but I quite like the name and ship design so I would like to see it return, also Van Uber since they are my ‘second team’ I would be sad to see them go.

There are a couple of posts that state they would like Assegai to return to it ultra handling role I just have to say that if that was the plan I do hope they sacrifice shield strength and not speed so we can still put up a good fight with the other teams

Timezone
    GMT + 5.5

AG Sys, FEISAR, Van Uber, Goteki45, Harimau, Qirex, Auricom, Piranha, Assegai, Triakis, Icaras, E.G.r, Zone, and a new team or two. Thats about it, along with maybe a few antiques and classic ships to unlock for a "Classic League". How come nobody except me has included Harimau? They, like Triakis are newcomers to AG racing, but less dramatic. I haven't raced Harimau for a while, but I like their ship design anyway. Zone could have the role it has, but it could have a bit more personality as a team made by the founders of the league or something, or the benchmark on which the next AG ship design standard is being tested on, or something of the sort, or maybe even a challenge racer type thing which you unlock by beating it in a one-on-one race in which the speed is like Zone mode(constantly rising, no brakes). But then, the AI needs to improve for that.
    Last edited by Distrupto; 26th September 2006 at 08:04 PM.

they never really made much of an impact, did they. im sure its safe to say that they werent the most exciting or dramattic addition to the wipEout series

Timezone
    GMT + 5.5

Harimau is a highly unnoticed team, from Malaysia. Not many people fly them, not many people mention them often, not many people use them in their avatar, yet they're still a team, and a valid one, though they are not classic or have anything to do with the past WO world(Triakis is rumored to have bombed Goteki45's home islands). Harimau is still better than Medevil, Klor, Cardracer, Turboweevil, Haironaut and all those other one-off appearancces which aren't even real teams.

Very true. I didn't say they were bad. Theyre great compared to them.

However I did like the first puma craft, I know it wont come back but they could make it again but call it a different name. Either that or just return assegai back to fast and manouverable(spelling?).

!!!!!!!!!!WE'VE ALL OVERLOOKED THE ITALIANS!!!!!!!!!!!
    They'd be IMMENSE! Flying Ferrari's!
    How could I forget???
    All in red and seriously fast.

btw, if you have any ideas, you could post pictures of them, that'd be great.
    Last edited by andy; 26th September 2006 at 09:01 PM.

Oh aye, I forgot to mention in my first post that I'd like to see more of both Triakis and Harimau as well.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Quote Originally Posted by andy
    !!!!!!!!!!WE'VE ALL OVERLOOKED THE ITALIANS!!!!!!!!!!!
    They'd be IMMENSE! Flying Ferrari's!
    How could I forget???
    All in red and seriously fast.
    Please no. Italians are the scourge of the world. Believe me as I'm one of them. Thank you for the thought, but aaaaaarrrrghh.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

...and they make outstanding soccer teams lose matches and play boring finales where outstanding teams play and celebrate their match for the 3rd like a real finale.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

What's soccer?

Nevermind people, that was just my personal duel with my own nation. Back on topic: I think Italians are present already in Wipeout, that with being part of Europe and therefore adding to Feisar. BUT! Not mentioning English (Icaras) and Swedish (Xios) teams, as nowadays Sweden and England are not considered to be THAT much into the EU, there is still a German team, Van Uber racing all by itself... and Germany sits in our collective minds as one of EU's pillars. So I guess Italy can be viable too as a team. But please no

Okay, point made, but I think that a country synonomous with fast cars and style would go well with ag racing.

btw, didn't know icarus was english =D

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Icaras is "English, but funded internationally" (or that's what I've read).

As for an Italian ship, I see its strong points in speed and maneuverability, with shield and thrust being fairly low. Fast and fairly easy to handle, but one should not relax, as the thing is like made of tin and once it has stopped it needs time to build up speed again.

Icarus was Greek.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Aye but is Icaras?

Icaras was international. No true home country.