Thread: need pure!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TheFrostE

Default need pure!

i gotta start practicing for the US convention, dont got the copy of pure any more though, if i bought it from the psn store would multi player ad hoc still be available on it, or do i need the retail version?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

you can buy it through psn store to practise, there's no viable reason for not working in ad hoc mode ( maybe only with ntsc version since you DL it from usa) but don't worrie we shall have enough copies of pure if it's not working for you at Al's place

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Who pays for all these copies?
    Still trying to figure out if I will be available so you can make a jump by Montreal on your way to Toronto Asa

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Al got unlimited fund

PSN ID
    TearsToShreds

Just got Pure for only 20 euros, which is a bargain considering all the free expansions, but strangely it is the American version of the game, meaning I can't play the Omega pack. Oh well! Unlocked Phantom mode this morning, and it`s awesome! Track and shipdesign are miles beyond those of Pulse! Seems like a whole lot more passion went into making this game.

+1, that`s exactly what I have been trying to find the right words to say. Pulse isn`t a bad game and there are many more features to play with, but energy, inspiration, intelligence and, as you say, passion - all of these things Pure has in much greater quantities; much like the original WipEout has them too. Other Pure lovers won`t agree, but you really should try to trade for a euro copy as the Omega packs are also brilliant and quite humorous.

Pure was a new game really, and rescued the franchise because of the inspired efforts of those who made it. Pulse is just the sequel, still very good but without the same magic for me. Damn there was no need for all that, I should have just left it at +1.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    WZ_Task

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by lunar View Post
    trade for a euro copy
    What? No! NA Pure has it's own charms, it's totally worth keeping. What you should do is get another copy of Pure, so you can have both!

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    kiTTun

Cool

What are the NA version's charms again? Other than the Khara Descent bug, I can't seem to recall them...help!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TheFrostE

im waiting for my euro copy to come over from the UK, should be hitting southington, connecticut any day now

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    WZ_Task

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    What are the NA version's charms again? Other than the Khara Descent bug, I can't seem to recall them...help!
    Cheeky! 8 D
    The best feature of the NA version might be the lack of Paris Hair and moaning women when I'm trying to fly a high speeds. 8 P
    It has some unique ships and skins to go with them, that's not bad.
    It's easier to "complete" since there are no Omega tracks.
    Um...
    Oh, right, the main reason I own the NA version is so I can do multiplayer with everyone on this continent!

Yeah, okay, you're right, EU version owns.

Still, having both is definitely the path to greatness.

Jay, cmon, why don't you have the japanese version, korean, and asian version, as well as the german stealth/wipeout pack.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    WZ_Task

8 D 'Cause I'm not quite as crazy as you are Al! 8 D
    Or, more correctly, because I don't live in Korea, Germany, Japan...
    Although I _am_ planning on getting the Stealth movie just for the mini Pure "Stealth Edition". As if there's ever been a WO that wasn't a Stealth release. Here in NA anyway. Over in good old England they get subway stations filled with F7200 league adverts and livery, here we get "Oh, we got this new game in, not sure what it's called, can't read this lenticular stuff". 8 P

I tried switching out the game and the game/movie the other day to get the stealth ship working on phantom, didn't work, but the times tables were kinda wierd after that(not saved). Too bad this ship never made it to the real game, It would have been the second best ship behind the coke bottle