Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ingame videos

Quote Originally Posted by Tora_2097
    Hey Arnaud, I wonder what device you used to steer your ships.
    No device or gadget there!! He must be useing the Force
    Holy **** Arnaud, it's been years since i played 2097, doubt i was this good, brilliant stuff

Hey Arnaud, I actually followed your recomendation about purchasing a Negcon controller. I sold my racing wheel years ago around the same time I quit intensive console gaming in favour to computer graphics creation and daily work to earn some money
    So I was left home with just a dual shock 2 controller from my PS2 and everbody knows that as soon as you reach rapier a D-Pad works like crap. I found a cheap second hand Negcon and tried it out for around half an hour todays afternoon and it immediately felt comfortable to me. Though I am still ages beyond my times I had with my racing wheel, I can feel its potential. I need a ot of training anyway to reach my old skill level.
    You'll get some competition soon, so watch out.
    Best regards,

Benjamin

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

I am glad you found quickly a used negcon.
    But i am sad to hear you love it , cause all that future time ' wasted ' ( lol this is ironic ) practising Neggie , won't allow you time for your project everyone wants to see the final video hi res !!

ok this is probably a way for me avoiding to see you kicking my arse on phantom

Anyway Benjamin , have a real fun & enjoyment with that preciousss controller and think a little bit about your project too

Well... I actually have too many things going on recently which keeps me away from working concentrated on such a huge project. I just signed contract with my new employer, than I have to find an apartement in Berlin, move to Berlin and all that anyoing stuff this is related to.
    I only want to work further on it when I have come to rest with fresh energy, and highly motivated. Currently I just wanna burn some perfect laps into Talon's carbonized steel at Phantom for relaxing when I have some time.
    But I defenitely wanna build some small parts meanwhile to just keep you guys updated.
    regards,

Benjamin

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Good luck with your new job in Berlin
    Looking for an accommodation/flat in such big cities is always a hard task like doing a sub 15 on talon's

thanks arnaud, btw. which angle settings have you used on your neGcon? I am currently using 24 which is a tad to high for piranha/ phantom speeds I think.
    Maybe a setting below 20 is good. That what I used on my racing wheel at least...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

i am using 0/0/6 for settings with pirahna and not much than 20/0/6 with other ships

In fact when you reduce at max the angle, you only need to master the airbrakes to find your line : twisting is just for giving an impulsion to the right or left to your ship.
    Get a quick tap on an airbrake to see how pirahna reacts and then you can deduce a new way to learn pirahna's handling
    Try to google into this 2097 forum about the ' airbrake technique'

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

that sounds intersting Arnaud, I'll try this out soon. I however have been able to produce a row of below 15's on Talons Reach with my racing wheel without that technique. (sigh... good 'ol times...)

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

You should enter your old times into the records table if you remember them a sub 15 is really a great one