Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ingame videos

Quote Originally Posted by Tora_2097
    Hey Arnaud, I wonder what device you used to steer your ships.
    No device or gadget there!! He must be useing the Force
    Holy **** Arnaud, it's been years since i played 2097, doubt i was this good, brilliant stuff

Hey Arnaud, I actually followed your recomendation about purchasing a Negcon controller. I sold my racing wheel years ago around the same time I quit intensive console gaming in favour to computer graphics creation and daily work to earn some money
    So I was left home with just a dual shock 2 controller from my PS2 and everbody knows that as soon as you reach rapier a D-Pad works like crap. I found a cheap second hand Negcon and tried it out for around half an hour todays afternoon and it immediately felt comfortable to me. Though I am still ages beyond my times I had with my racing wheel, I can feel its potential. I need a ot of training anyway to reach my old skill level.
    You'll get some competition soon, so watch out.
    Best regards,

Benjamin

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

I am glad you found quickly a used negcon.
    But i am sad to hear you love it , cause all that future time ' wasted ' ( lol this is ironic ) practising Neggie , won't allow you time for your project everyone wants to see the final video hi res !!

ok this is probably a way for me avoiding to see you kicking my arse on phantom

Anyway Benjamin , have a real fun & enjoyment with that preciousss controller and think a little bit about your project too

Well... I actually have too many things going on recently which keeps me away from working concentrated on such a huge project. I just signed contract with my new employer, than I have to find an apartement in Berlin, move to Berlin and all that anyoing stuff this is related to.
    I only want to work further on it when I have come to rest with fresh energy, and highly motivated. Currently I just wanna burn some perfect laps into Talon's carbonized steel at Phantom for relaxing when I have some time.
    But I defenitely wanna build some small parts meanwhile to just keep you guys updated.
    regards,

Benjamin

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Good luck with your new job in Berlin
    Looking for an accommodation/flat in such big cities is always a hard task like doing a sub 15 on talon's

thanks arnaud, btw. which angle settings have you used on your neGcon? I am currently using 24° which is a tad to high for piranha/ phantom speeds I think.
    Maybe a setting below 20 is good. That what I used on my racing wheel at least...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

i am using 0/0/6 for settings with pirahna and not much than 20/0/6 with other ships

In fact when you reduce at max the angle, you only need to master the airbrakes to find your line : twisting is just for giving an impulsion to the right or left to your ship.
    Get a quick tap on an airbrake to see how pirahna reacts and then you can deduce a new way to learn pirahna's handling
    Try to google into this 2097 forum about the ' airbrake technique'

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

that sounds intersting Arnaud, I'll try this out soon. I however have been able to produce a row of below 15's on Talons Reach with my racing wheel without that technique. (sigh... good 'ol times...)

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

You should enter your old times into the records table if you remember them a sub 15 is really a great one

I managed a 14.6 a few times, but that is the only time I can remember from the old times. With my new neGcon I am still struggling to get below 17 atm... (shame, need more practice).

Hey Arnaud, I think I remember doing a 13.94 on Talon's Reach Phantom TT about 9 years ago. I should enter that on the tables.

Unhappy

except there were no hundreths
    If you are going to lie, do it right!!!!!!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

yeah there was hundreth !! even thousandth when i did a sub 10 sec,
    15 years ago ...

How can i get serious with that

PSN ID
    Galeforce43

Quote Originally Posted by Old asayyeah
    i am using 0/0/6 for settings with pirahna and not much than 20/0/6 with other ships
    I thought you used all 0s, Arnaud? That's what I use at TR, doesn't work elsewhere though so I too add that 6 deadzone outside of Talon's.

14.6 eh tora? Not a bad time (OK, a good time... OK, as good as my PB ) but how did you manage that without braketapping? Was that like the final lap of a race of something, it takes forever to accelerate without tapping! :- Still, I welcome you to race at TR, means I don't have to race there as much to give Arnaud someone to race against lol, I can concentrate on the things that matter... W30

I dunno exactly actually. I believe it was very similiar to what you call "braketapping". I used very small angles for my racing wheel with tiny steering imputs and very short airbrake usage. I guess it works just about the same (if not completely identical) as your method.

Oh and what are talking about hundreth and thousandth here??? I was talking about MINUTES!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Quote Originally Posted by Smoothly Does It
    I thought you used all 0s, Arnaud? That's what I use at TR, doesn't work elsewhere though so I too add that 6 deadzone outside of Talon's.
    The '6' is for the nose not the twisting angle.
    You can have 0, 6, 12 or 18 : i used that position the '6' to let the ship not bumping too much on the 1st cut, and that let me adjust the pitch easier for the rest of the track.

If you don't use airbrake tapping method and cut perfectly the first right corner, no way to be under 15 sec... sincerely

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Just got the 2097 vid where uncatchable Mr Arnaud races all tracks at phantom
    I don't suppose you could tell me the name of that song that plays during the Talons Reach race and the first half of Sagamartha? peeeeez

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

yeah for sure
    If you mean the TT phantom video : it's a single called ' ex-girlfriend ' by 'Urban Electro Squad' groooovy baby

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

No the SR one, song sounds kind of saddish lol fits in with the game rather nicely i think