Thread: Xlink Kai Ping Glitch

PSN ID
    q_dmc12

Exclamation Xlink Kai Ping Glitch

As promised, here is the screenie of @S@ and stin's ping on kai verses everyone else's - I know it wasn't a problem with my machine so maybe with kai. Watch how much and how fast they fluctuate(spelling?):

http://files.filefront.com/asaStinSp.../fileinfo.html

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

héhé i am Dling it now ( at 10 Kb/s )
    During our 2 last tour it was better ( the ping i mean ) it certainly depends on who is hosting and also number of players into the tour & maybe the distance between players

PSN ID
    q_dmc12

don't think so, not this time - it was like this 1/2 the night

PSN ID
    stin_wz

Hmm...interesting I didn`t think it was that bad because we were normally that`s strong at the time but maybe down to connection?

stevie

Weird - it`s almost as if those clever guys at teamxlink are trying to put the Triakis pilots out of the game. In the same period I saw your ping DMC at its usual 125 area, and everyone else`s was bad, then suddenly it all went right again and the racing was smooth as silk. I suppose Xlink relies on many parts of the internet working well, and is very complex stuff (technical description ) so this sort of thing happens. Fortunately it`s fine 99% of the time. Having played Outrun online in Infrastructure mode I can say it suffers from all the same problems of bad connections and occasional glitches, and in my experience it also seems to be generally limited to 5 players for a smooth race, although it will allow six. At least with Xlink you have diagnostics and can see how things are going wrong.

PSN ID
    q_dmc12

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by lunar
    At least with Xlink you have diagnostics and can see how things are going wrong.
    True - I was in a 7 player race once for the first few laps