Thread: Datel WiFi Max Now XLink Kai Compatible !!!

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    PurrrePunjabi

Default Datel WiFi Max Now XLink Kai Compatible !!!

Wired modem Purists rejoice!

Up until now, people who lacked wireless modems could only utilise their PSP's Infrastructure Mode via a minute amount of mediums. The most successful of which is Datel's WiFi Max USB dongle, which was made specifically to cater to all those handheld owners previously bogged down by wires.

Up until now, the only drawback with WiFi Max was the fact that it was incompatible with XLink Kai. This is now a problem no more, as the manufacturer's of WiFi Max's chipset have released new drivers to remedy the problem.

Full Story Including Links

XLink Kai Tutorial

This will no doubt open the floodgates and allow many more fresh faces to partake in Infrastructure Mode goodness

Piranha5p33d5 coming soon to an Infrastructure race near you!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Great news piranha
    Last thursday i ve played with a fellow french citizen who used WifiMax and yeah it seems now it's working for those who have that dongle.
    I was very surprised cause Wipeout Pure is not an infrastructure game like most of the other games into Kai , it's an ad hoc one and previously wifiMax didn't support ad hoc mode for kai , now it seems working cheers

this makes Wifi Max a very powerful product for PSP owners, using it for psp downloads and internet, infrastructure games and ad hoc games online. Setting it up for kai looks a cinch. If anybody has one, I`d be interested to know what the signal strength and range is like on it, as the dwl 122 is really quite weak in that respect.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Extending the request of Lunar , i would like to know how you can set up the wifimax to use it for Pure.
    We have recently found new players on Kai using that system : one was lost how to set up properly the system. Could you explain us easily how you do or give us a link for a tutorial?
    Thx in advance

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    PurrrePunjabi

Quite a few people are having trouble configuring Windows and their network connection to accept WiFi Max into their hearts and homes. I have found a tutorial that may very well help you. As I dont own one (yet!), its the best I could do without giving you personal advices.

And yes.. I do mean "advices"

WiFi Max Tutorial Courtesy of CodeJunkies.Com

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Thx Piranha
    Hope to see you one day into Kai

this post made my day.. thanks now i can find a good affordable way to connect to Xlink.. thanks for the tutorial too man... Maybe i'll see you guys online in a week or two!

PSN ID
    q_dmc12

Hope so

sounds like i need to get one of these quicksmart!

will this enable me to use the internet on my psp, basically? and therefore access PSN, pulse online, pure online etc. ?

PSN ID
    stin_wz

The answer is yes and I did test on both Wipeouts!
    Because, me and archman did played online together.
    stevie

EDIT!, PSN?!, that I never tried! sorry

that's perfectly fine stin, thanks for confirming at the very least that it allows you to play both pure and pulse online! much appreciated!

PSN ID
    stin_wz

Oh!, one thing l want to say, if you going to get wi-fi maxx, then don`t touch the disc and go through kai forum!

stevie

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    PurrrePunjabi

I have WiFi Link as Datel Wi-Fi Max ended up in the bin due to sheer frustration. If I can get that running, i'll see you all online.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    arch595esc

Yep, guys, Pure and Pulse can be played through kai, and I think it's better than playing through PSN. See you online on Pure I hope!! (And on other games, we could play Midnight Club LA Remix or anything else you want? )

Piranha5p33d5, did KIGO contact you somehow, to come here? As I've seen you last been here 3 years ago!

btw.: some help if it can be used:

http://psp3d.com/homepage-news/8127-...-released.html
    http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/
    Last edited by archman; 21st July 2009 at 08:21 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    NightArh

I know 100% working with xlink kai and the cheapest dongle is D-Link DWA-110

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    PurrrePunjabi

archman, I had no knowledge of KIGO prior to logging back into W0Z. I dropped by to post up word of some awesome WipEout artwork by Tony Cliff that I found in the Pilot's Lounge. It didn't take long for a fellow Perth grav head to lock onto my heat signature

Its great to see the boards are lively and well. I am very grateful to be part of such a great group of people.