Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Bugs

PSN ID
    spinstartshere

Default The Bugs

People all over the internet are saying how there are so many bugs in Wipeout Fusion, but in all honesty I haven't noticed many. Are there really as many bugs as internet reviews are making out?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

ahahaha

no, there're more
    No, seriously, the game definitely has bugs. The game isn't that bad though. Even when it feels like a good racing game, it doesn't feel like a good WipEout. For most people this will be the biggest bug.

The real bugs are slowdowns (A LOT!) and small things that are around everywhere if you search for them: walls you can fly through, flying through walls at too much speed, perfect laps aren't count as one if they're did in the last lap of a race and many other things. One time in Multiplayer I had no "GO!" for example.

All in all the game isn't that buggy. Most of the bugs aren't noticable and they also don't destroy the gameplay or make the game worse.

The real bugs are the slowdowns... and that it doesn't feel like a real WipEout.

PSN ID
    spinstartshere

I've been able to fly through walls in Wipeout 3 Special Edition and the N64 version, so that's no different for me.

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

in the original and 2097/xl passing through scenery was a good method of reducing laptimes on some tracks (thus the stix2trax agreements) but passing through track walls happened rarely. did still happen though

The only bugs I've experienced in Fusion is the game slowing down when five or more ships launch weapons at the same time. As Sausehuhn said, the game is nowhere near as bugged as something like Driv3r.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

...or falling THROUGH THE FLOOR after the big jump on florion heights 3??? baddest bug ever!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

never had that as far as I remember, eL.
    But you can fly through the wall on Florion Height at the 1st downhill section (where the free-section begins) when you've too much speed.
    That can happen in single races as well as in zone mode... and sometimes you're set back to the track backwards :/

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

seriously, you've never fallen through the floor??? that happened to me AT LEAST one third of all races at Florion Heights 3! Another nasty bug is doors NOT opening in front of you when they should.

Nope, I've never fallen through the floor on Florion Heights either. It's rock solid everytime I land.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

same here.
    Just fall trough the ground at the 1st downhill section a few times at too much speed, as I already said.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

It's not like you said above in post 7 : going through the walls , what El says and what happend to me every time on zone on each lap florion height 3 , it's going through the floor , the ground , with internal view that's even worst , you seem to be glue under the track.
    Same problem with Mandrashee the big jump into the cavern.
    but the 'worstest ' bug for me is the overall handling of the ships glued on the track

if you enable the infinite shields cheat, and then play on zone mode, you cand find as many bugs as you want

its cool, coz the zone craft doesnt slow down, it accelerates more and more, so if you hit a wall hard enough, youll sail through it like it wasnt there. youll also complete the florion heights track in like 15 seconds (ive never managed under 10)

On Zone in florion heights, when you're about to fly the loop, fly low, so that you get closer to the track, then when you're about an eighth through it, put on both air brakes, and then use the boost. When i do this, i fly directly upwards, like the end three quarters of the loop had dissappeared, and i had just sped up a massive quarter-pipe you fly, and if you look backwards while your raocketing through the air, you can see the track getting smaller. the game puts you back pn the track in about three seconds, so enjoy the view

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

had that as well sometimes while using turbos.
    It's funny when you go up and then you manage to land on the starting grid again

I've never experienced that before either. I better go and see if I can, because it sounds cool!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Quote Originally Posted by phantom
    if you enable the infinite shields cheat, and then play on zone mode, you cand find as many bugs as you want
    héhé no need to use infinite shields cheat ...just get zone 60 on few races.
    Ok this is hard but not impossible.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

poser!

Glad to hear you can do it without cheating, Old asayyeah. I'm not very keen with cheating, to be honest.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Fusion's Zone mode simply rocks (A LOT better than Pure's) and it's damn thrilling to fly at zone 60 or above. It's a breathtaking feeling.

Especially played on a beamer

I'm unsure about whether I prefer Fusion's Zone mode or Pure's. I think they're both fantastic in their own right, but I couldn't really say that one of them is better than the other.

The bugs in Fusion are legendary,doors that will not open,landing on the floor and going through,slow downs when there are 3 or more grafts around yours,falling down on the up side down part of the moon track etc.It was bad that the first and only PS2 W`O game came out a total disaster,it destroyed W`O for good