Thread: screenshots

PSN ID
    Thorinx

Default screenshots

hmm, this is a general request, also for the "real" wip3out (and maybe 2097, 64 and the 3600 league): has anyone collected screenshots from the game? mainly the 3/3SE engines, the higher the resolution the better *g*

im also interested if someone knows any device that exists to make those screenshots and save them to some storage accessable to computers. all the game magazines can do that - is it just some kind of tv-input into the computer? whoops - just answered this myself ;-) darn - i need to get an up-to-date tv-card. one of those better cards, which might also accept scart plugs. uh... that would also require a new computer i guess...

or does anyone have GOOD experiences with a usb2-tv-card-device? with scart? that would be quite a good solution to do screenshots myself. anyway, first, i simply want to collect some shots from the 3'er games.

whew... im t[alking|yping] too much

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

You could run the game on an emulator.
    Then you can have a resolution as big as you want (a TV's one isn't that good) and you can also have anti-aliasing so the game looks even better.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

If you just want to make pics from 'inside game ' Wipeout , you can read here post # 11
    No need to have a new recent tv card or a costly new 'all in wonder ' video card , i don't even recommend a usb2 thingy like Dazzle ( too expensive).
    Get only a capture card ( 20 euros) & plug it into your PC pci slot ( mine 's got simply Svideo & composite input ) & linked to your VCR or DVD recorder.
    You can 'easily' make videos *as i ve done previously for my 2097 best races* or pics.

Add me to your msn buddy-list if you want more info

PSN ID
    Thorinx

in fact my old tower has an all-in-wonder, but the quality of that is quite crappy i think. im also not sure if it has svhs also as input, i remember only having it for output with a "kabelpeitsche" which splits up in composites. i think going over scart would be the best quality line, but how could i do that? dont know of any svhs<>scart converter...

@sausehuhn: emus are no option for me, coz they dont look "true". i like the superior antialiasing but its at least an overkill for the head-up display graphics. when it comes down to smoothed and polished images, i prefer doing that with paintshop to "original" pictures rather than being bound to the emulators work ;-)

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

it's a pity you don't want emulator shots, I've taken to playing 3se at 1920x1200 lately in ePSXe and it looks very pretty indeed
    edit: it occurs to me that if the scaling method in the emu was changed to not filter the graphics then it might achieve the look you are after?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

simply deactivate all the filters and you get the screenshots you want