Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 3se in ePSXe

Timezone
    GMT + 10

Well spotted phl0w! - yes, I play at 75 fps most of time as that's what I'm used to for Wipeout2097 on PC(v-sync forced), I choose 55fps for epsxe because it is inbetween PAL and NSTC, all this does is help me switch between versions a bit more smoothly as 50fps feels incredibley slow for me since I found WOXL PC version.

Also increasing the FPS is just like having classes after phantom, which is extremely hard at 75fps, but when u play like that and drop down to normal speeds, you find the game is quite easy.

- what exactly isn't working about your copy, maybe I can help?
    Last edited by Task; 21st November 2007 at 01:36 PM. Reason: Quotation Eliminated!

Timezone
    GMT + 10

Does anyone know how to reverse the up/down analogue controls in ePSXe?
    Last edited by DaWorFizm; 23rd November 2007 at 08:23 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

in the controller config you assign an axis to each analogue direction. simply assign a different direction in there. eg: use X- instead of X+ for a direction

Timezone
    GMT + 10

My version (1.6.0) doesn't have that option, The only emu. I can configure/reverse the analogue axis in is pSX, but that doesn't support petes openGL2 driver.

What version have you got?

PSN ID
    madwiperII

Could someone please give me a link to where i can download the version of Epsxe used for this. I already have a bios file.

I use one version of epsxe, illl look at it tonight and find out what version, but when i use it with wip3out it crashes as soon as you go over the first blue beam!

Many thanks!
    Dan

PSN ID
    DIGI-KORE

i have that same version and it used to do that for me but it worked the other day from teh cd

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Wip3ou7pure

I have a rip of WO3:SE and it works beautifully, HOWEVER, I can't seem to get the music to play in the game... all the sound effects work fine, but no music during any part of the game other than the intro movie. And yes, the music tracks are included in the rip that I have... I've even tried mounting the game to a virtual CDROM and still no luck.

Timezone
    GMT + 9
    PSN ID
    Heian_Xavier

Any of you emulating the PSX on a Mac, or is everyone a Windows user? Just curious as I might be getting a new Macbook Pro soon and wouldn't mind playing some games on it, even if I have to boot into Windows.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

I use psxfin, if ePSX doesn't work you may want to try that other one. It doesn't require "pain in the ***" plugins too.

Wip3ou7: try the new epsxe ver 1.7.0 reason music doesnt work is because the emu didnt support cdda audio, this new version does, but you have to use sapu cd drive plugin.

the hot thing in this version is NEGCON SUPPORT!!!!, and just in time, cause i tried playing on an lcd tv, and the lag sucks, on a crt monitor the speed is ok.

however negcon support is still buggy and has a deadzone, they are fixing this and will probably be ok in the next version.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Hi all,
    Sorry for the dumb question, but I'm trying to get W3SE to work in epsxe with my negcon but when I can't press "X" to launch the game or access any menu. I setup all axis and buttons properly on ePSXe's gamepad setup and I can confirm they are all working through Windows config panel, but I just can't find how to press "X" when I'm on the game menu page
    Seems stupid, doesn't it... I can't even access the option menu!

I happen to have the same exact problem in Wipeout 2097...

Any help will be much appreciated!

EDIT:
    After some searches, I found out that pressing F5 ingame allows you to "switch" between a standard pad (which is what the games initially assume your controller to be) and the negcon as you have configured it in ePSXe options. However it is unclear what this function does exactly. Moreover, while this works in WO 2097 (I still have to properly configure the negcon for this though, the behavior is totally out for now), it does not work in W3SE: the standard controller works (d-pad, start button, but not the other buttons, which are negcon specific), so I press F5 to swith to the negcon "config", but then no controller is detected anymore (no d-pad, no start button at all). At this point I can press F5 again to regain control of the d-pad and start button, but still no access to the menus since it requires my pressing the X button...
    Any help / any ideas?

Regards,
    Taurus
    Last edited by taurus; 18th June 2008 at 02:35 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

I dunno if that can help you but i never used epsx emulator since i am playing on original standart ( ps + negcon) but i got 2 of my Negcons which are not working with W3O and W3O SE and working well with other wipeouts
    There's different type of white neggies maybe you got one similar to the 2 i own.
    Otherwise PM Mano , he knows very well ( better than I) the epsX stuff.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Hey, thanks for the info!
    Is there any way to recognize these controllers?

- But still, my understanding of ePSXe is that that incompatibility can't be the reason (I think I could plug any 4 axes joystick and let ePSXe think it is a negcon by choosing a negcon as the type of controller and assigning the axes properly). I could be wrong though. -

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

At my knowledge , no way to differentiate them

Timezone
    GMT + 1

I got some time to experiment a bit further.

I got the negcon working with both WO1 and WO2097 on ePSXe.

As it is, it seems to me that through ePSXe, WO3 does not recognize ANY analog controller (negcon, dual analog, etc) : when you setup your controller to be one of these in ePSXe options, then press F5 ingame to activate it, the game says "controller removed"...

So... Has anyone managed to get Wipeout 3 running with analog control through ePSXe (or any other emulator)?

EDIT: [Problem solved / sortof]
    For anyone interested, here's a solution: use PSXeven with the Padgnneco plugin.

At first I just couldn't make the game work with PSXeven (freezes at the first "loading_" screen), but in fact mounting the image with Daemontools and running it from there just works and the negcon support is perfect (for 1 player at least).
    Still haven't tried with the cd though, because my 5 years old notebook CD player struggles like hell.

No luck with ePSXe (or PCSX) though, even with that method. The game just doesn't see the analog controller as being present, although it is recognized by both emulators.

Regards, and sorry for the mess
    Last edited by taurus; 21st June 2008 at 02:38 PM.

taurus try PSX emulator as Wipeout 3 SE works fine with my Saitek P2600, so it should also work with official Sony controllers too.

If that still doesn't work, try a different Playstation pad converter.

*Edit*

Try Pressing F5 in epsxe, then it should show a small white box with what looks like a small LED turning on and saying on, you can turn Analog off again by pressing the same button.

Also when I do turn Analog on, I manage to play Wip3out and Wipeout 3 SE with no problems.
    Last edited by meman887; 1st August 2008 at 05:50 AM. Reason: Missed out something.

Timezone
    GMT + 10

A few days ago (14th July) was the 10th anniversary of the release of WO3SE so I decided to have a look at it again just to see how it's getting on.
    I'm happy to say that after a couple of hours trawling the web and a few MBs later I was able to get it up and running on ePSXe 1.7.0.
    Since I last played it I've done a few upgrades to the old unit and I wondered if WO3SE would be a bit too dated to give me that nostalgia hit I was looking for, needless to say I was not disappointed!

Running in 1920x1200 with hi-res models/textures and a bump-mapping filter on a 24" widescreen it's hard to believe this game is 10 years old.

Here's a few screens of what I like to refer to as WO3SEHD.

http://dwf.homeip.net/files/Wipeout/PSOGL2_001.jpg

http://dwf.homeip.net/files/Wipeout/PSOGL2_003.jpg

http://dwf.homeip.net/files/Wipeout/PSOGL2_004.jpg

http://dwf.homeip.net/files/Wipeout/PSOGL2_005.jpg

http://dwf.homeip.net/files/Wipeout/PSOGL2_006.jpg

http://dwf.homeip.net/files/Wipeout/PSOGL2_007.jpg

http://dwf.homeip.net/files/Wipeout/PSOGL2_010.jpg

http://dwf.homeip.net/files/Wipeout/PSOGL2_011.jpg

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Default WipEout 3 Special Edition won’t work with with OSX?

I’m currently trying to run WO3:SE on my Mac, but it won’t work. I tried ePSXe using Wine and Winebottler, but with no success.
    Surprisingly there’s a PCSX port for OSX called "PCSX Reloaded" which is still getting new updates and stuff. But I’m having no luck here, either.

WO2097 works with no problems rendered at 2560x1440 pixels. Searching the web showed that I’m not the only one having troubles with the game, but there’s not much information about how to fix it or how to evetually run it with another emulator.

Any ideas?

A bit of a cop out answer but why not create a small Windows partition on your Mac (that is if you have an Intel based CPU) and dual boot? If not perhaps try making a Linux USB stick and run from there.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Yes, I’m thinking of that right now, too. Not the perfect solution, but better than nothing obviously