Thread: How to rip the Fusion soundtrack without a P.C. or microphone.

Default How to rip the Fusion soundtrack without a P.C. or microphone.

Ok firstly, sorry if this has been mentioned before (I know how to get the soundtrack has been mentioned before).

What you need: An iRiver H120 or H140 or H320 or H340, A Ps2, Tv, Copy of Fusion, Stereo, Line-in cable (the line-in cable comes with all irivers and looks like a double-ended headphone jack). Using all this I managed to record 5 songs at good quality, with no fuzz .

Step by step guide:
    1. Startup Ps2 with Fusion in, connect the red+white scart cables into the back of the stereo sockets. Connect the yellow cable to the TV.

2.Connect the line-in cable into the headphone socket of the stereo.

3.Connect the other end to the socket on the iriver marked "Optical Line IN".

4.Hold the record button and get to the recording function on the player. Change the settings so that bitrate is at least 192kbps, and type to "mp3" and turn all the bass off (ie use SRS settings).

5.Turn stereo on, dont put bass setting on or volume over half, then go into a race on Fusion. Once there, hit select to find a song to record. Hit the record button on the iriver to start recording; timing can be tricky but if you keep switching tracks until the iriver timer starts, you wont miss any of the song.

6.Connect some headphones to the player to check on the recording- quality will sound abysmal but it is much much better once finished.

7.Play the game (make sure weapons sounds are set to off), with the headphones in your ears. Once the song is finished (usually after the race has, so stay in the menus or make races have more laps) hit the stop button on the iriver.

8.Disconnect line-in cable, and listen. Totally legal, No computer, no (real) fuss, and no hacking open the disc. Plus the songs will be in mp3 format.

Sorry if someone has mentioned this method before, but I thought it worth bringing up since I havent heard of anyone else doing this. If you want sample of the finished product, PM me. I've just put them onto my computer and my brother's ipod, and they sound immaculate, as if ripped from a CD
    Last edited by fusionfrenzy; 26th February 2006 at 11:47 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 10

Any Digital Audio Player with a Line In can do this. There's no need for a stereo. Just pick up a Stereo RCA to 3.5mm convertor from your local electronics shop:

Just plug the PS2s stereo RCA cables into it and put the other end into your recording devices Line In. Technically this is not ripping, it's recording

Yeah I was going to say record but I thought people might be scared off by the thought of fuzzy microphone-recorded music that that word suggests.

And i'm aware that anything with a line-in can do it, it's just the iRiver is easiest since it has the function properly built in and they're fairly popular. The quality of the songs really is excellent- probably even more so if I picked up one of those gadgets to bypass the stereo.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

why not just use the WipEout Fusion File Extractor?
    It's not illegal. It's your disk, so you can do waht you want with it as long as you don't share the files with others.

Timezone
    GMT + 10

Thanks for the link I was actually looking for something that will extract the music from Wipeout Fusion but couldn't find anything.

I don't use the extractor because a. it doesnt work (at least for me, anyway. I'm not bothered about legality issues), and b. afaik it doesn't let you change the bitrates/put into the format you want, although i'm open to be corrected on that.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

the extractor works well (for me) and you get the music as wav-files. This is high-quality. If you want to have them as mp3 or what ever just use a tool like CDex (it's for free).
    All in all I think the extractor is A LOT easier to handle because you just have to do a few clicks and you don't have to cut the recorded music into pieces.
    But everyone should do what he wants to

and btw: there's already an old thread about this topic with a more detailed description - just use the search function...

PSN ID
    madwiperII

for some reason the extractor never worked for me

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

You need to follow the instruction very very precisely; else it just all goes to hell with messages about overflowing buffers..

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Oooh! Very nice piece of software
    It works like a charm

You can also download the soundtrack here if you want. Most of you probably already know that though.