Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best time in Vineta K Phantom Class!!!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    IwannaTinkle

Talking Best time in Vineta K Phantom Class!!!

Hi everyone!!!

I´m so damn happy! I just got the best time in Phantom Class, Vineta K track so far
    I got 0.19.58

Well, i must say it took me a couple of days of intense racing to beat this record, you can find a picture taken just recently on the results screen, and i´ll update my ghost to http://defaulted.ath.cx/
    I achieved a couple of records but in Vector class, and since i joined this forum i dreamed about getting the best time in phantom.
    Well, i don´t want to sound pedantic, it´s just that i wanted to shre this with all of you

Onto the next challenge!!!!

DjManiac21
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by DjManiac21; 19th February 2006 at 01:45 AM.

PSN ID
    stin_wz

That is a good score but is that free play right? Which I did thought it was supposely about Time Trial scores.

stevie

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Holy.... dammit, I'm still trying to break the 20 second barrier! Brilliant time!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

wow, awesome time djmaniac! which craft did you use? I think sub-20sec times will forever be a dream in my little Assegai...

@stin: freeplay or TT doesn't matter. it's still 1 turbo per lap and no additional help, so it's fair.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    IwannaTinkle

To Stin: Actually Time Trial and Free Play are basicly the same, the difference is that when in free play you get infinite laps but you don´t get a time record for the wholw track, you get just a single lap time. It´s still the same as TT; ONLY THAT YOU DONT HAVE TO RESTART THE RACE EVERYTIME YOU WANT MORE THAN 5 LAPS TO RACE

To HellFire: Thanx man, it really took a lot to get there, though it is not impossible, if someone can do it you certainly can too!!!

To eLhabib: I used Triakis as i find it very stable, it´s a ship that suits my racing line, but i will say that with the zone ship i got 19.71 which wasn´t good enough so the difference is not the ship at this point... You won´t get the same results with Feisar for example due to its low speed capabilities but if we are talking about 1 point below 5 points in speed i think any of the speed-4 ships will do great. I think Assegai has speed-3 right? Then the problem would be how much speed it loses during turning and how many times you hit the walls.
    I´ll try to get a minus 20 seconds time in Vineta K with Assegai.

One quick question: People are still using the defaulted.ath.cx ghosts page? Are we going to get a records page as the other WipEout games? It would be great if it had an Overall Best times in each track, and then each track´s best times for every ship

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Awesome
    I know someone from the FFF team ( my friend Del ) who won't particularly be happy by your terrible news
    Mine is at 20.09 with triakis with a BR on 1st jump and a 2nd one at the finish helped by the turbo.
    I know i need to train myself on it but i am focused on other tracks atm.

DjManiac be sure Infoxx is making all he can do to create those pure tables asap.

Btw you didn't updated your vineta ghost yet ?

PSN ID
    stin_wz

Maybe just my old habits through all wipeouts games the likes of WipeoutZone`s original records as single race records and time trials and I thought it`s like we should stick to time trial rules but now it`s changed the new one as now pure free play,

Just call me old fashioned!

stevie

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    IwannaTinkle

.-.-.
    Last edited by DjManiac21; 4th December 2007 at 12:45 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

calm down already, it's no biggie. some of the old-schoolers aren't used to free play yet
    plus, on the wipEoutzone record tables, records have always been set and will always be set in TT.

oh, and I was pretty sure that you used triakis for your record, it definitely IS the fastest ship for straight tracks like vineta. good luck on beating sub 20 in an assegai tho - I tried it several times, all speed pads, no wall hits, 2 BRs, perfect line. speed 3 just doesn't cut it on the long straights...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    IwannaTinkle

I got the record down to 0.19.53 just yet BTW

I´ll try a little Assegai now just to see what can i get out of it, I agree with you though, speed 3 just doesn´t compete against speed 4 in phantom, straight lines are speed 3´s doom...

I hope I can make it
    Last edited by DjManiac21; 20th February 2006 at 03:58 PM.

DjManiac21, stin happens to be a very nice guy, and i think you are seeing a level of negativity that isn't there. most of the anger and sarcasm i'm seeing is in your posts, not his. so cool down.

PSN ID
    Galeforce43

what about the barrelroll boost limit in TT? I remember in the topic about barrel rolls twocking shield energy, we found that below 20%, free play auto restores any lost shield energy, meaning from there more barrel rolls are possible, dunno how much that effects single laps, but might be worth consideration

Any lap time you can do in Free Play, you can also do in TT. There`s no possible speed advantage to either. If we didn`t allow Free Play times, the consequence would be that players would have to run 3, 4 or 5 lap Free Play-style sessions in TT mode to compete for our lap records - just making things fiddlier and less convenient without any benefit. The game records don`t even distinguish between lap times in TT and Free Play. As for me I wouldn`t know, with many of my times, which mode they were set in; and I`m probably not the only one. Claims that a particular time were set in TT rather than Free Play would be unverifiable, and a "TT mode only" rule would therefore be unworkable. Whatever, congrats on your time DJManic. Though if Arnaud says sub-19 is possible, don`t be too surprised if he actually goes and does it one day.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    IwannaTinkle

Well, as for now i went and had a very long run yesterday night regarding elhabib´s question, and i got the answer. He he told me that sub 20 times where a dream using Assegai, but yesterday nught i spent 205 laps and had a nice surprise I got 0.19.53 using Assegai, same as my current record so i couln´t save the ghost file but i took a clear picture so everyone can see it.

@Lance: Yeah you are 100% right, i just put a lot of effort here so maybe I overreacted to his posts, my bad...

@Stin: Sorry bro, never meant to be rude...

@Dimension: There is indeed a limit of shield energy you get in TT, but dont actually use enough BRs to empty the shield energy in a single lap, in fact you have to perform about 8+BRs to get to the critical energy zone so again, Free Run just lets you keep on playing without having to restart. When the day comes to have a Pure Records Table maybe it will be a good idea to ask for a screenshot of the TT results to see that records have been set there if you are willing to have separate TT and Single Lap competitions.

@Lunar: Hey bro! I´m sure sub 19 times are possible, i´ll keep on trying to get there! Thanx for the congrats

Here´s the pic i promissed to show elhabib if i got sub 20 times with Assegai:
    Attached Images Attached Images

PSN ID
    infoxicated

Heh!

Well done - good picture too

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

wow, very impressive!
    I guess I just don't love this track enough to put a greater effort into it, it's just toooo straight for my tastes

say, djmaniac, wouldn't you be interested in playing online over xlink kai with some fellow 'zoners?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    IwannaTinkle

Of course i would like to, the thing is that i just ordered the wireless router, and still i didn´t get the online number Sony i think is supposed to give to you, I don´t really know how it works, so when i get the wireless router i´ll ask for help ok Thanx for the invitation!!!! You also havo to explain to me if is not too much problem what is that xlink kai thing :S

@Infoxicated: Thanx bro! I was surpised to see how good i could take the picture since it was 4 am in the morning, i was very sleepy and i was playing in the bathroom (don´t ask me why, i just took my PSP with me and got so hooked up i spent a whole hour there)
    The white thing at the botton of the PSP is the sink

PSN ID
    infoxicated

Quote Originally Posted by DjManiac21
    The white thing at the botton of the PSP is the sink
    So long as it was the sink, that's okay.

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Ah come on Rob, there's nothing wrong with a good Wipeout session on the bog.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

djmaniac, I have no idea what kind of 'number' you mean from sony? note that to play online, you will need either a linksys router or a D-Link DWL122 wireless dongle (which is the cheaper and easier version, around 25 bucks)