Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Best time in Vineta K Phantom Class!!!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    IwannaTinkle

Talking Best time in Vineta K Phantom Class!!!

Hi everyone!!!

Iīm so damn happy! I just got the best time in Phantom Class, Vineta K track so far
    I got 0.19.58

Well, i must say it took me a couple of days of intense racing to beat this record, you can find a picture taken just recently on the results screen, and iīll update my ghost to http://defaulted.ath.cx/
    I achieved a couple of records but in Vector class, and since i joined this forum i dreamed about getting the best time in phantom.
    Well, i donīt want to sound pedantic, itīs just that i wanted to shre this with all of you

Onto the next challenge!!!!

DjManiac21
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by DjManiac21; 19th February 2006 at 01:45 AM.

PSN ID
    stin_wz

That is a good score but is that free play right? Which I did thought it was supposely about Time Trial scores.

stevie

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Holy.... dammit, I'm still trying to break the 20 second barrier! Brilliant time!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

wow, awesome time djmaniac! which craft did you use? I think sub-20sec times will forever be a dream in my little Assegai...

@stin: freeplay or TT doesn't matter. it's still 1 turbo per lap and no additional help, so it's fair.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    IwannaTinkle

To Stin: Actually Time Trial and Free Play are basicly the same, the difference is that when in free play you get infinite laps but you donīt get a time record for the wholw track, you get just a single lap time. Itīs still the same as TT; ONLY THAT YOU DONT HAVE TO RESTART THE RACE EVERYTIME YOU WANT MORE THAN 5 LAPS TO RACE

To HellFire: Thanx man, it really took a lot to get there, though it is not impossible, if someone can do it you certainly can too!!!

To eLhabib: I used Triakis as i find it very stable, itīs a ship that suits my racing line, but i will say that with the zone ship i got 19.71 which wasnīt good enough so the difference is not the ship at this point... You wonīt get the same results with Feisar for example due to its low speed capabilities but if we are talking about 1 point below 5 points in speed i think any of the speed-4 ships will do great. I think Assegai has speed-3 right? Then the problem would be how much speed it loses during turning and how many times you hit the walls.
    Iīll try to get a minus 20 seconds time in Vineta K with Assegai.

One quick question: People are still using the defaulted.ath.cx ghosts page? Are we going to get a records page as the other WipEout games? It would be great if it had an Overall Best times in each track, and then each trackīs best times for every ship

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Awesome
    I know someone from the FFF team ( my friend Del ) who won't particularly be happy by your terrible news
    Mine is at 20.09 with triakis with a BR on 1st jump and a 2nd one at the finish helped by the turbo.
    I know i need to train myself on it but i am focused on other tracks atm.

DjManiac be sure Infoxx is making all he can do to create those pure tables asap.

Btw you didn't updated your vineta ghost yet ?

PSN ID
    stin_wz

Maybe just my old habits through all wipeouts games the likes of WipeoutZone`s original records as single race records and time trials and I thought it`s like we should stick to time trial rules but now it`s changed the new one as now pure free play,

Just call me old fashioned!

stevie

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    IwannaTinkle

.-.-.
    Last edited by DjManiac21; 4th December 2007 at 12:45 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

calm down already, it's no biggie. some of the old-schoolers aren't used to free play yet
    plus, on the wipEoutzone record tables, records have always been set and will always be set in TT.

oh, and I was pretty sure that you used triakis for your record, it definitely IS the fastest ship for straight tracks like vineta. good luck on beating sub 20 in an assegai tho - I tried it several times, all speed pads, no wall hits, 2 BRs, perfect line. speed 3 just doesn't cut it on the long straights...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    IwannaTinkle

I got the record down to 0.19.53 just yet BTW

Iīll try a little Assegai now just to see what can i get out of it, I agree with you though, speed 3 just doesnīt compete against speed 4 in phantom, straight lines are speed 3īs doom...

I hope I can make it
    Last edited by DjManiac21; 20th February 2006 at 03:58 PM.