Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WipEout 64 Players?

Arnaud, that is the challenge I did it on, Machaon. It will work if you get in the position I said. Just pound the button.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

I tested it with no luck Al , the super weapon from the Qirex is not really powerful and in this challenge you only have that one
    Most of the time i damage ships but not enough to blow them up, so a quake from other contender destroy 2 or 3 ships in a row ( i did the job at 90% but not getting eliminations for myself)
    I want to unlock that last challenge and not being stuck with this Macheon 2

@Auri : except what Rob put in his Dl Audio FX section you already have, that's all i know

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Ok I will go on finding more stuff..
    Weird that I found all music files ripped directly from the rom to usf files but the soundeffects are not there and I don't know how to export
    Blub

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

Can you pretty please convert the usf (never heard of this format) files to a usable format and upload it to megaupload or something similar?

Timezone
    GMT + 1

There is a winamp plugin for playing them. You just put the plugin file into the winamp plugin folder and then you can always play them.

But yes, I will try to, mp3s are just nicer.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

I don't use WinAmp.
    I use WMP and iTunes (because of my iPod).

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Arnaud, I'll have to give it another shot to make sure that is what I did, but I am pretty sure. I remember getting very angry at the game until I figured it out. Maybe you did it on the wrong speed up pad weapon pad combo. I'll check it out and count pads so you can get the exact one. If you choose the wrong one they can go around it.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Thx Al , but i finally finished that bloody challenge last night after a long Kai session so everything is in order now got the gold on that 5th challenge getting a poor race time ( 3.17.5) but been 1st & destroyes 8 contenders : mission complete : ouch what a nightmare on that challenge !!

Thx for the help mate

Is it just me or are the superweapons really imbalanced?

The Auricom weapon is very hard to aim, makes you waste half a lap looking for the perfect opportunity (instead of racing) and doesn't do all that much damage. The Qirex weapon doesn't seem to do any damage without Cyclone, and has no range in Phantom class. Yet AG Systems gets a homing weapon that removes all shields from the target and gives you a shield boost?

Timezone
    GMT + 1

I agree. Yesterday I played some single races for fun and the auricom weapon is so useless.. It should be homing too then it would be ok because I think it looks cool.
    AG Systems have my favorite super weapon, the red/white sign already looks cool to me. It's very unfair though, hehe: Homing, taking all enemy's energy, giving you some and with one bump the enemy is gone hehe. But I only play Wipeout64 in single player anyway so the unfairness is not disturbing. With Cyclone Feisar's machinegun is also very powerful, takes you about one short aim at an enemy and it is gone.
    I totally forgot what the Quirex one did.
    Piranha has a cool one, it fits to the team, the Piranha is just always sneaking through until it is in first place

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Finished it the last gold super combo challenge was easy compared to that damn Chall.5 : now i got a new menu skin : very stylish

But...
    The game's still freezing from time to time ; i thought by finishing it at 100% the game won't have anymore problem : false
    I also tried to put off the memory expansion pack with no result the game is not loading at all

Anyway that's a great game except those bloody annoying freezes

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Hmm, about the game freezing all the time, a possible solution to this might be cleaning the cartridge with a cottonstick. It worked for me anyway!!

Timezone
    GMT + 1

I think I never had freezes back in the old days. But I will see..
    Yeehaa super gold combo massacre skill tournament challenge! I will be going for gold too

I want to see the new menu skin myself.

Talking

Okay folks, I need a hint. I'm trying to get gold on all race challenges. It may not be a very lofty goal, but I'm having big problems with challenge #2 (AG-5Y5, Dyroness, Venom, no weapons).

I try and fly as good as I can - no collisions with walls, few collisions with other ships, although I usually do miss some speed arrows. After the first lap, I'm in a nice 10th place. After the second lap, I'm 5th. Contender number 4 succumbs about three seconds into the final lap. Number 3 at the metal arch before the turbine. Number 2 halfway through the final tunnel, because the bastard is a heavy Qirex and swerves all over the place. After that, I never even see the \1/ arrow for the remainder of the lap.

Is there a trick to this track? Race challenge #4 took me a while to get gold on, and the secret was basically to grab the speed pad before the little bump with the overhead conveyor crane. I don't know why this made such a big difference.

Quote Originally Posted by auri View Post
    I agree. Yesterday I played some single races for fun and the auricom weapon is so useless.. It should be homing too then it would be ok because I think it looks cool.
    It kills in one hit if you have Cyclone on, and then it is fine in terms of power. But in the grand scheme of things, you're better off just overtaking them.

That weapon challenge with the energy sphere, rockets and thunder bomb is interesting, because it has the two hardest to aim weapons. If WOZ ever runs a challenge contest, this one should be included. (Personally, I got gold by dumping all rockets and superweapons and spamming thunder bombs...)

AG Systems have my favorite super weapon, the red/white sign already looks cool to me. It's very unfair though, hehe: Homing, taking all enemy's energy, giving you some and with one bump the enemy is gone hehe. But I only play Wipeout64 in single player anyway so the unfairness is not disturbing.
    I can see why the team wanted to buff up the slower ships, but yeah, that thing is overpowered. It also has a negative influence on any weapon or super combo challenge that includes the weapon, because the number of kills you get is often directly proportional to the number of shield raiders you pick up, making the outcome almost random.

The exception is that super combo challenge where your only weapon is the shield raider, of course. See if you can win it by destroying everyone on the track. (Once, I got the field down to me and a single other ship, which then proceeded to win the race, giving me a silver. Grr)

With Cyclone Feisar's machinegun is also very powerful, takes you about one short aim at an enemy and it is gone.
    Not just with Cyclone - even in regular mode, it's basically an instant kill. Good thing it doesn't follow the track, so you have to wait for the right opportunity to use it.

I totally forgot what the Quirex one did.
    It is entirely forgettable. It makes a wall in front of you covering half the track, like the force wall in WO3. Which would have been fine if it actually did something. I believe it does the same damage as a missile, but is of course much harder to aim. It takes three hits to kill an Auricom with Cyclone.

It also lacks an explosion visual/sound, so it's hard to tell who got hit if anyone, and they substituted that very appropriate 'boooo' sound to let you know it 'worked'.

So I guess sooner or later I'm going to give up on Super Combo #5, park on that weapon grid and hammer the trigger like everyone else...

Piranha has a cool one, it fits to the team, the Piranha is just always sneaking through until it is in first place
    Try timing it so you fade back in when you're inside an opponent.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Laz View Post
    I'm having big problems with challenge #2 (AG-5Y5, Dyroness, Venom, no weapons).
    Yeah agree it was one of my hard Gold to get but not impossible.
    Try to be boosted at the start by a ship this is a good way to avoid them into the tunnel : the X2 Boost Pad are important when you go out from it don't miss them , at the 2nd tunnel be soft with airbrakes so that no bottoming out into the straight line : means no loss of speed.
    Last part with tricky descending chicanes is where you can gain or not the race : if you anticipate well you can run through them smoothly with a descent speed
    Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Laz
    guess sooner or later I'm going to give up on Super Combo #5, park on that weapon grid and hammer the trigger like everyone else...
    Be focused on what you are doing now : they are several difficulties before acheiving that %*$$%ΓΌ% Challenge 5

Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Ice View Post
    Hmm, about the game freezing all the time, a possible solution to this might be cleaning the cartridge with a cottonstick. It worked for me anyway!!
    Thx Matt' i will do that

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Ok I got it
    I got all golds in race challenges plus the super gold challenge in the end quite easily. #2 was hard yes but still can figure it out, just never hit an edge, always use the double speedpad after the first tunnel and go through the slalom as straight as possible like jumping over the edges if you know what I mean.

Edit: I just did it on second try: http://q3mm.de/auri/archive/videos/w...nge-2-gold.avi
    I reckon important things are the double speedpad (I reach it by steering right after the edge of the tunnel, no airbreak, it breaks you a lot) and rather miss a speedpad instead of getting it and bumping another vehicle after, doesn't give you time. Manage to be 4th after the second round and then let your luck finish it

GOod night. John
    Last edited by auri; 22nd January 2007 at 11:11 PM.

You guys oughta be putting all this good stuff in the WO64 tips thread:
    http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1277