Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: WipeoutZone audioscrobbler/Last FM group

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kowareta-vojeet

Hell yeah!! Arrr!

Has anyone else here had problems with Last.fm over the past day? I was only able to log-in on the main site about half an hour ago, and the radio quite simply will not play anything. The only music I could listen to via Last.fm was the full-length tracks on my dashboard.

EDIT - Never mind, it's working again now.
    Last edited by Zerow; 27th November 2006 at 09:10 PM.

k, so I've been trying to get Last.fm to recognise some songs by CoLD SToRAGE (which I downloaded from his website) while I play them in Winamp, but it just dosen't seem to want to register them. I've tried editing the song properties in every way I can think of, but no luck.

How exactly should the song properties (artist name, album name, etc) be set out, or what should they be called?

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Did you check your players preferences and open up the right directories of your pc for scrobbling? I usually use winamp to play my music on my pc. Before any songdatas were uploaded to Last.fm via the audioscrobbler plugin I had to configure the plugin correctly - meaning I had to tell the plugin what directories I want to open up for uploading songdata. If you didn't configure anything, yet, then most likely no music will be scrobbled at all.

To configure the plugin go to "preferences" -> "plugins" in your player's menu and select "configure audioscrobbler plugin". PM me if you need any help.

PSN ID
    humangoogle -OFW-

I've got audioscrobbler now, all configured, we need to raise awareness of this on the forums...

PSN ID
    TearsToShreds

I've had my current profile for over a year now, although I haven't been actively scrobbling for a few months. My most played artist is prolly still Elliott Smith. My username is TearsToShreds. Look me up and drop me a line. Can't link to it with a PSP, sorry.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    ElSuperNova

Oh sweet, we have a last.fm group!

*joins*

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    FrenkyV

I've been a last.fm user for 4 years+. I'm in

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    O_BR

Just joined myself too!

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    SonicChaosX

Me as well, though it tends to scrobble when it wants to.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    WZ_Task

You can scrobble if you want to, you can leave your friends behind...

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

'Cause your friends don't scrobble and if they don't scrobble
    Well they're no friends of mine

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    SonicChaosX

Congratulations, you've just invented the Scrobble Dance.

PSN ID
    infoxicated

Anyway... I discovered recently that European cellphone provider, Vodafone, had created an application in conjunction with Last.fm that I can use to scrobble your music on the go.

I feel a bit late to the party with this, as it's been out since December, but in my defence it's not exactly well advertised on the Last.fm site or by Vodafone and I only stumbled across it when I was searching for an alternative to Mobbler, which doesn't work properly with my phone.

I've been trying it out this morning and it works great - you just leave it running in the background and you can choose whether you want live scrobbling or deferred updates of, say, once per day. If you view the app while playing music you can view the artist bio, as with with the full desktop application. The only thing I couldn't seem to do is love tracks, but that's hardly a show stopper.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    SonicChaosX

Indeed. I don't have a phone to use that with and apps on US cellular require and access fee of $10 a month to even browse apps. It's stupid and I don't bother. WinAmp FTW!

PSN ID
    infoxicated

We are fortunate, in Britain anyway, that in the early 2000's the cellphone companies went all out to be the first to offer 3G services. Back about 2004 there were a flood of adverts trying to get people to upgrade to video phones, but the uptake was minimal and it looked like the huge investment had been for nothing, as people were quite content with the voice and SMS facilities they had.

Then some bright spark realised that they had the perfect infrastructure for data transfer, and there was a change in approach by the network providers. So now you can get a 3.5G dongle for a laptop for very little and have pretty data speeds where ever you go. It's only in the last of year or so (with the introduction of the iPhone) that the actual consumer cellphones have started to make use of that infrastructure, and because all the investment was made years ago the charges are quite reasonable.

It only costs me a few £ per month for pretty much unlimited data use on my phone. I'm actually typing this on my laptop which is connected via Bluetooth to my cellphone, which I'm using as a modem. I get a data rate of around 150kbs and that's fine for light internet use... and scrobbling, to bring us back on topic!

Timezone
    GMT + 8

I can't believe I haven't read this sooner! This sounds too awesome to miss out on.

Does Last.FM have a problem with Hotmail email addresses? I've been refreshing my inbox or about 10 mins now, and nothing. Not even my junk mail has gotten any love...

Oh well, I'll see if it sent in the morning.

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Similar to the app for the cell phone had anyone mentioned its also available on ipod touch? Again this info is a bit late to the party.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    SonicChaosX

Yes it is. Last.fm might have some issues with hotmail, hence why I use gmail.

Timezone
    GMT + 8

Hurrah! Got the email thismorning, and now I'm all set up. Gonna join the group, too