Thread: WipeoutZone audioscrobbler/Last FM group

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

I'm in.

PSN ID
    Thruster2097

alright, one more and we got ourselves charts... come on the musicists!

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

I was number 12 yesterday.. surely there's one more person interested?
    I had some trouble getting iScrobbler happy on my mac, but it's all go now
    Last edited by Lion; 17th February 2006 at 10:47 PM.

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Yeeey it's all installed and working, now I can't listen to christina any more

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

does anybody know why it doesn't show wma-files and a few other tracks that are named "01" for example?

PSN ID
    infoxicated

Not sure why it would matter what format the music is in, so long as it is named in the correct way. I think it has to be in the artist - track format for it to recognise it. Compilations tend to confuse it, as usually they're compilation name - artist - track. It doesn't recognise internet radio either.

On that note, I listened to my personal radio station for most of yesterday evening and it's quite cool how much variety there was just from my profile.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

when I listen to internet radio via my favourite player last.fm does recognize these tracks as well?!

Timezone
    GMT + 1

AFAIK the audioscrobbler only recognizes the files stored in the directories you can select in the winamp/audioscrobbler preferences menu or the music you listen to via the Last.fm player. If there are some files not shown in your profile on Last.fm, it might be that these files are stored in directories you did not select as "free to upload" in the audioscrobbler prefs. I'm pretty sure that if the file is named correctly, your player plays it correctly and the directory the file is kept is selected in the preferences menu, then audiscrobbler will recognize it and will upload the information on your Last.fm profile.

PSN ID
    o_fluff

Well, we need one more person to make it compile charts - as it seems to wan't over 15 rather than 15.

I've been trying out the radio section for our group, and its brilliant. Who's been listening to Radiohead's the Bends? I've never heard it untill now.

ah yes, the Bends. one of the greatest albums ever. and one of the greatest bands ever.

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

street spirit is one of my favourite songs... have you heard the darkness' version?

that song tends to make me cry. [hey, i'm gay; i can be emotional if i want to.] i love that song.

no, i've not heard the darkness version. what is it? where is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Lance
    ah yes, the Bends. one of the greatest albums ever. and one of the greatest bands ever.
    indeed indeed although i did like OK Computer a bit better (only a bit because Street Spirit always blows me away, especially the video.)

i also like OK Computer even better than The Bends; great as the Bends is, OKC is even greater. i got it the day before official release. [i was eager.] i had heard Paranoid Android way back before the release on the Rock Over London show. what ever happened to that show? does it still exist and is just not played on my local stations or what?

hmm, hells , i dunno about that. I just added moi to last.fm, feel free to ...you know what. OK Computer - definitely one of the best albums in history, no doubt about that.

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

I'll up and link a copy of The Darkness - Street Spirit when I get home

also since there's now 16 members I guess we just need to wait for the week to end for the charts to be calculated

PSN ID
    infoxicated

Well, our first weekly chart has been compiled and I have to say there's some weird stuff in there mixed in with what you'd expect:
    http://www.last.fm/group/WipEoutZone/charts

Paul Van Dyk, Underworld, Orbital, and the Prodigy were kind of a given, along with all the usual electronica. But who the fark listened to Dexy's Midnight Runners?!

I didn't help matters by having quite a retro end to the week, whereby I listened to some truly "you had to be there" stuff. It could be quite fun, actually, listening to the odd obscure track just to throw a curevall into the weekly charts.

When I first found out about Audioscrobbler I put Scatman John's "I'm the Scat Man" song on every morning while I was in the shower. One, for it's comedy value, two to see if I'd get any Scatman John fans as neighbours!

And I did!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

I have to say, we have a really good musical taste in our group!

only one thing bothers me: WHO THE HELL LISTENS TO BLÜMCHEN?! (for those who don't know, she's a german pop singer, one of the really REALLY annoying stupid naive Britney Spears type)

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Who was listening to Smash Mouth last week? It's one of my favourite bands, but I did not have time to convert all their albums to mp3 so they do not appear in my Last.fm profile, yet.

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

Quote Originally Posted by eLhabib
    WHO THE HELL LISTENS TO BLÜMCHEN?!
    guilty
    apologies for the william shatner too
    Last edited by Lion; 27th February 2006 at 05:52 PM.