Thread: is it worth forking out for a European copy of the game for the Omega league

is it worth forking out for a European copy of the game for the Omega league stuff? Bearing in mind that I only get £30 a month and have no job and college expenses to pay for.
    Last edited by fusionfrenzy; 4th February 2006 at 10:11 PM.

PSN ID
    madwiperII

Wink

hhmm, hard dilema, especially if you only get £30.00 a month.
    personally i would say no if that is all you get but it is a very close call.

so i am afraid my answer is: NO, but a very hard desicion!

(however knowing me, if i were in your position i would have already baught the game, and spent the rest on red bull!)

i would get some other peoples advice first though, (a hint for other people to write there opinions)

I was given £500 to help out with college but im already £250 down after a few months and it's got to last ages yet, and as I said I only get £30 a month. Is it really worth breaking even further into the money for the Omega leagues?

Maybe I should get a job

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

And you get Puma1, Puma2 and the Omega-ships... some people like these ships most and can also fly with them best. So that would be a real reason, because it can change your whole game experience.
    Just for the Omega tracks I wouldn't buy it, also not for the ships (because I can't handle them very well), but maybe it's different in your case.

If you know somebody who has the Euro version I would ask him if you could fly a few laps with these ships, so you could think about if it's worth it's price.

But IMO it isn't. The omega league brings a bit variation to the game, but not enough to spend 50€ more on it. Definitely not.

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

if money's that tight, no.
    I am glad I have both as the different music available for eu, on top of the additional tracks and ships, and game sharing, makes me feel like it was worth it to me.
    but it is still wipeout pure. 90% of the game is still identical to what you have already.
    if it was really that worth getting on top of the one you already have, you'd probably have bought it already

PSN ID
    madwiperII

though that is very true, sometimes- you just need to treat yourself

Timezone
    GMT -5

as an expansion to the question...

i live in the states. is it worth forking out for an eu copy of pure?
    i do want to play on the omega tracks(and hear curley again)..

PSN ID
    madwiperII

go for it then mate! treat yourself!

Can anyone list EVERYTHING that you get when you DL the Omega League content?

Tracks, ships, skins, music ?

Other than the Omega League content - are any of the other packs [Classic #, Delta #, Gamma #] that have DIFFERENT content from the US packs?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    WZ_Task

That's been done.

Primarily in the FAQ, which is linked to from this forum in this sticky thread:
    http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2524

In this thread here, there's also a condensed list of all packs which attempts to list completely every download pack available for every version:
    http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2707

THANKu

I posted some videos of the Omega tracks, if you haven`t seen them. They`re probably down around page 3 or 4 of the Pure forum atm. IMO the euro version is well-worth getting if money`s not too tight. 4 great tracks, lots of decent new music to race to, some comedy ships (not so good) and you can RAGE against Puma - all for the price of a UMD - bargain For UK people with a US version, I would say sell your US copy and get the Euro if you`re in doubt about getting both - unless a bit of heavy-handed sponsorship really bothers you so much you could NEVER learn to live with it.