Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: the best team on pure

Default the best team on pure

what do you guys reckon the best team is on pure?

the one you like the best.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

or the one you can race with best

the one i can race the best usually iS the one i like the best.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Airrider1

Yeesh, this topic borders on being TOO objective...

au contraire, i am being entirely subjective. my favourite team is the one i can win with.

PSN ID
    infoxicated

Sadly, I think it's probably the Puma team ships.

I always race with Icaras... which makes me think I'm playing with Lance's ship behind his back , but for me it's by far the best of the traditional teams in the game and means I don't have to use one of the commercially sponsored download ships to set good times.

I wish the AG Systems hadn't been shafted in the speed/shield department or I'd still use that. I think Colin wanted revenge on me for slagging off Harimau and hamstrung my AG Systems.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    xEik

Sigh, if only Rob had shut up. ;)

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

I don't know why it is, but the balance of icaras does not suit my capabilities, and I do a LOT better with AGS... especially on Vohl Square where I've even managed to beat Asayyeah and ElHabib on a couple of occasions.
    The ship that poses me the most challenge when racing against skilled humans is triakis

as to the puma ships, as a 2097 Qirex fan I tried to love puma2.. but it just isn't the same... either that or I am just not very good with it.

Totally agree, Lion, a well flown Triakis is a huge problem in multiplayer (you know who I am talking about), because in any other ship you`re likely to run out of shield before the Triakis does. Triakis is also the fastest ship on some courses, I believe. Afaict, Puma 2 is just a slightly inferior Triakis, but still a good ship. Triakis is the best heavyweight, high speed/ low handling ship - faster and tougher than Icaras imo.

Puma 1 isn`t as good a middleweight as Assegai and Goteki, mainly because of the acceleration. Like Icaras, I think Puma 1`s stats flatter its real abilities - or maybe I just like to think so in Puma`s case!

AGS and Van Uber are the best lightweights, and suit some people, but they will really get pummelled by a fast Triakis, far too often, and won`t set any lap records.

Take your pick, but overall, on balance, and all things considered, I reckon Triakis is the best ship, though this doesn`t mean it`s the best ship for every player, and it certainly can be beaten.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Quote Originally Posted by Lance
    the one i can race the best usually iS the one i like the best.
    yes, ok, then I understand your point^^
    For me AG-5Y5 is defenitely the best looking ship in the game, with the 2. livery (and I don't use the 1st one anymore) it's THE WipEout ship for me when I'm talking about ship design.
    But the ship I can race with best isn't AG-5Y5, so I make a difference between "like best" and "race best".
    At the moment I'm racing with Triakis, it's the team I can race with best I think - it proofs one more time, that the stats don't tell you anything about how the ship is on the track (at 1st I didn't touch it because I thought I couldn't handle it - but at the moment I tried the craft it was the total opposite suddenly!)

Still hoping for a comeback of EG.r in the next WipEout.
    And yes, in the Fusion style - it's one of these ships I really like in terms of design. Esspecially the 3rd one (the 4th isn't that good IMO).
    And yes it would be fantastic if the guys from SL would send me a promo-disk with the game before release, so I could test if the new EG.r is a good succesor to the Fusion one in terms of design and handling of course

Yes, Max, Triakis handling is surprisingly good - it can slice through corners while other ships, with better handling stats, are bobbing about and drifting like boats on a choppy sea. The ship I love is Qirex, but at the end of the day we play to win so it`s not an option for me.

your all stupid the best ship is triakis

you NEVER call anybody on this board stupid. do it again and you are gone.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

We're stupid because we can fly with other ships good as well?!

With 14 you should be old enough to know what you're writing (and if not, take a look at a dictionary). Now, who's really stupid here?

''Now, who's really stupid here?''

Max, what did i just say to Ollie?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Sorry Lance, I'm just angry about the way 0llie is posting here. To me it sounds very uninteretsed and unkindly.
    Sorry, but this had to be said.

PS: I did not see your post because in the time you were posting I was still writing... doesn't change the situation though.

*Sidesteps akwards situation*

In Phantom I prefer the Assegai over the Triakis; the way it (the assegai) sweeps in and out of tight corners and regains speed instantly, it makes the Triakis feel lumbering and heavy in comparison.

Still, nothing will get me out of my Gotekki

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

Goteki's thrust is awesome, but I find it a little too twitchy and tend to oversteer constantly
    every time I use G45 I get the feeling that if I could just control it properly (if I could use analogue well it might seem better) it would be the quickest ship in the game

I like Goteki because it`s so bouncy and floaty. Flying it feels really on the edge at times, like a real old AG ship, and you can have some spectacular crashes and disasters in it at Phantom. It`s very similar to Assegai. Assegai has sharper handling and slightly better thrust out of corners, Goteki has a bigger shield and maybe a little more straight line speed. The only drawback In G45 for me is that you have to watch out for drifting too much on corners, due to its floaty character, but it`s definitely amongst the best 3 or 4 ships, imo.