Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: the best team on pure

Default the best team on pure

what do you guys reckon the best team is on pure?

the one you like the best.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

or the one you can race with best

the one i can race the best usually iS the one i like the best.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Airrider1

Yeesh, this topic borders on being TOO objective...

au contraire, i am being entirely subjective. my favourite team is the one i can win with.

PSN ID
    infoxicated

Sadly, I think it's probably the Puma team ships.

I always race with Icaras... which makes me think I'm playing with Lance's ship behind his back , but for me it's by far the best of the traditional teams in the game and means I don't have to use one of the commercially sponsored download ships to set good times.

I wish the AG Systems hadn't been shafted in the speed/shield department or I'd still use that. I think Colin wanted revenge on me for slagging off Harimau and hamstrung my AG Systems.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    xEik

Sigh, if only Rob had shut up. ;)

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

I don't know why it is, but the balance of icaras does not suit my capabilities, and I do a LOT better with AGS... especially on Vohl Square where I've even managed to beat Asayyeah and ElHabib on a couple of occasions.
    The ship that poses me the most challenge when racing against skilled humans is triakis

as to the puma ships, as a 2097 Qirex fan I tried to love puma2.. but it just isn't the same... either that or I am just not very good with it.

Totally agree, Lion, a well flown Triakis is a huge problem in multiplayer (you know who I am talking about), because in any other ship you`re likely to run out of shield before the Triakis does. Triakis is also the fastest ship on some courses, I believe. Afaict, Puma 2 is just a slightly inferior Triakis, but still a good ship. Triakis is the best heavyweight, high speed/ low handling ship - faster and tougher than Icaras imo.

Puma 1 isn`t as good a middleweight as Assegai and Goteki, mainly because of the acceleration. Like Icaras, I think Puma 1`s stats flatter its real abilities - or maybe I just like to think so in Puma`s case!

AGS and Van Uber are the best lightweights, and suit some people, but they will really get pummelled by a fast Triakis, far too often, and won`t set any lap records.

Take your pick, but overall, on balance, and all things considered, I reckon Triakis is the best ship, though this doesn`t mean it`s the best ship for every player, and it certainly can be beaten.