Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: has 2097 inspired you to drink red bull???

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

I totally agree with you, Ben, the taste of Red Bull is worlds above all the other energy drinks (which, btw, are all just followers of Red Bull, but never managed to get the same taste, effect, or reputation).

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

I'm sorry

I haven't taste it for months now. So maybe I'm wrong.

or my taste buds are just bad... I even don't notice the difference between Coca Cola Light and the original Coca Cola

Note: Coca Cola's taste is different in most countries - so just comment when you live in Germany

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

But Coke light is just SO disgusting! ;-) Seriously though, I can't stand it. I had a bottle of it once without realizing it wasn't "the real thing" and thought my Coke was spoiled or something. *g*

Ben

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

red bull holds at best, 3rd place in the energy drinks market here... or did when i was doing some work at coca cola last year
    first is "V" which is available in original (apple, I think), blackcurrant, and berry
    V absolutely Dominates the market here
    then comes Lift+ which is the coca-cola product. it tastes like nothing else I can think of, and I used to prefer it to red bull, now I find it too sweet
    red bull was third at the time I was working there, but a long way behind the others, and since then, coke has released another brand: e2 energy, which has done very well here as citrus and berry flavours. I find them too sour. their impending release is how I came to hear about the status of that market

as to the flavour of coke, I can't stand diet coke (as it's called here) and they just brought out coke zero, which is another sugar free product that's meant to taste "just as good as the real thing". I haven't tried it so I can't comment. it's obviously meant to fill the same gap as pepsi max was.

internationally: I don't like the flavour of australian coke, I can't put my finger on why. and I think the american one is sweeter than ours

American 'Coke Zero' tastes exactly like 'Classic Coke' to me. first no-sugar version that ever has come even remotely close. if there is any difference at all, it might be that it feels a little less dense while it's in your mouth, not quite as heavy, but the taste is the same.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

Is Lift+ a conventional energy drink? Unfortuanately, we don't have that in Germany, so I never heard of it before.

PSN ID
    madwiperII

i dont know if i am digging myself into a whole here, but even though its offtopic i think that pepsi max tastes better than classic coke - but for some strange reason i find that the GB coke tastes better than the american (florida) coke, i dont know why though!!!
    thought i might bring this up too: i dont know if any of you in florida have noticed but i think some of the cheap candy from wall*mart tastes like salt

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

there's never been classic coke here. there's just coke.
    it's tasted the same my whole life

G'Kyl: yes Lift+ is a conventional energy drink... guarana, caffeine etc.
    I think it's only sold here and in korea.. maybe also in australia

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

We've a product named "Lift" here as well... but it's just apple juice mixed with soda... so no real energy drink

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

"Lift" here is quite a nice lemon flavoured softdrink, I am told that it's the same as Mello Yello was when that was last sold here many moons ago, but my memory of mello yello has it a lot sweeter.
    "Lift+" is a totally different flavoured product

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

Quote Originally Posted by eLhabib
    Lion: I will ask at the post office tomorrow wether I could send you a 6pack of the real deal.
    what became of this eL?

Timezone
    GMT + 2

Weird stuff. Redbull's FAQ states that the only ingredient that differs around the world are some of the vitamins. Wikipedia's entry also says that a 250 ml serving of Redbull contains one gram of taurine.

As to the reason why Redbull isn't sold in France, again according to Wikipedia, it's due to soft drinks aren't allowed to contain taurine in that country.

I'm not into energy drinks (other than coffee) but another austrian brand I've tested is Bomba. Cute bottle!

weird. taurine is the ingredient that cat food cans proclaim is included to ensure proper urination in cats.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

oops sorry for the late replay, Lion. The prices for sending a sixpack over to aussie land are way beyond what you'd want to pay, for one can it would be around 24 euros. IF they allowed me to send it - there are special rules on sending food and organic goods, and since the austrian version isn't legal in countries other than austria AFAIK, chances are, it never gets to you and you lose 24 euros. furthermore, I would probably have to wrap a lot of protecting material around the can so it arrives at your place safely, pushing the price up even more.
    If you want to take a chance, I will do it, but I can't guarantee it arrives at your home in one piece, or even at all.

kiwi land

PSN ID
    madwiperII

lol, i havent had red bull for quite a while now, and today was the first in quite a while. when i had my can before school today my results went higher than ever! even in maths wich i am usually terrible in! so i reccomen a short breakand go back on it, it makes a massive difference!

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

aussie land
    Quote Originally Posted by Lance
    kiwi land
    sweet someone from overseas who knows there is a difference to us we have quite different accents and the two nations are very competitive (like sibling rivalry)
    chances are, it never gets to you and you lose 24 euros.
    that sucks :\
    probably not worth it.. amazing that it's so difficult to internationally send a can of red bull, yet another friend was able to send a can of whale meat from japan with no issues...
    customs for teh lose

PSN ID
    madwiperII

yes, there are some silly laws in the world arnet there!

Quote Originally Posted by user name
    waterd down?? WATERD DOWN!?! i think not young man! (assuming that you are younger than me (15)) lol.
    i dont think it is waterd down, i usually cant get to sleep until 4 am! WTF!
    anyways, what-ever dont kill me - only makes me stronger..... eerr...right...
    (the room falls silent, with the odd cough)
    LOL we got the 32mg per 100ml red bull so i doubt its gonna be watered down, thats like at least 2 cups of coffee certainly aint one

stupid laws, bah, anyhow, coffee inspired me to drink red bull, and TAURINE IS NOT MADE FROM BULL'S TESTICLES LIVE THE RED!!!! (aparently women make taurine when they are pregnant, interesting fact 12) somedays i have a can of the good stuff before bed time, but everyday a cup of joe

PSN ID
    madwiperII

women make taurine when they are pregnent? maybe red bull is made from pregnant women lol btw: over here we also have 32mg per 100ml of red bull, so it might not be that much differene
    Last edited by username; 22nd February 2006 at 04:48 PM.