Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: has 2097 inspired you to drink red bull???

PSN ID
    madwiperII

Talking has 2097 inspired you to drink red bull???

here is a wierd question, but has 2097 inspired you to drink red bull?
    i know it certianly has for me as i have around 3 cans a day! lol.

but in want to know if it has for anyonelse...

PSN ID
    elementfortytwo

The first time I tried Red Bull was indeed after seeing it in 2097, I had never heard of it before. I was so bad at the game then I figured an increase in my reaction speed would help. All it did was make me need to pee more. Very useful.

PSN ID
    madwiperII

yes, i seem to have that side efect. anyways. the only reason i drink it now is because i like the taste of it! lol

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kowareta-vojeet

@topic
    No.

@Taste
    Magicman tastes better!

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

I'm pretty sure it was in WipE'out" (at least on saturn) too, because that's what first made me aware of it.
    I originally thought red bull was a made-up thing for wipeout, so when I first saw it in a shop I was like OMGWTFBSHAX and bought some. it wasn't available here till about a year after I first saw it in game.
    These days it's still my favourite of all the energy drinks that are available here.
    Sadly though the bottles here recently changed in size from 330ml to 250ml, so it's now the same size as the cans but for ~50c more
    And did other countries have the maximum daily intake change a couple years ago from 5 cans a day to 2? The recipe didn't change, only the recommended maximum cans per day

Timezone
    GMT -5

yup. i had no idea what redbull was untill i saw it in xl... now i'm immune to caffine. games combined with my 2000-2004 stint in the "rave" scene saw to that...

granted, here in the states our version of redbull is watered down considerably. i did get some from a psytrance party that was imported from thailand and it was all syrupy and stuff, good kick though.

now i just mix my redbull with skyy vodka ^_^

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

krätendang (sp) (the thai imported stuff) doesn't taste any stronger to me, if anything slightly more watery!
    and I prefer mine with 42below vodka

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

krätendung sounds like Krötendung... what means (warning, dictionary) "toad muck" in german

maybe the second one is more accurate? ;D

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

I LOVE Red Bull! You know, it's an Austrian product, and it was around about 2 or 3 years before 2097 came out, so I was pretty wowed to see a product from my country being advertised in my favorite videogame! Now (of course not only due to the ingame adverts) the whole world knows it, and it definitely still is the best of all the energy drinks out there!

However, username, having THREE CANS A DAY doesn't sound healthy at all! Maybe in England you have a watered down version, too, but just one can of the original Austrian Red Bull can keep me up all night!

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

is it possible to send red bull via the postal system? if so I'd be interested in buying a can of austrian strength if you could send it elhabib I'd be happy to pay the shipping costs etc on top of the price of the drink (btw: if anyone is interested it's ~$3/can in my currency ($NZ))

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

haha ok I can do that! although you wouldn't be able to open the can anymore, because it sure gets thrown around a lot halfway around the globe! but first, make sure there really is a difference between the Austrian and the Australian version buy a can and tell me what it reads on the back, I'll compare it to a local RedBull can, okay?

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

you would ask for that on the first day in months when I have no empty cans sitting on my desk or in my car
    will see what I can do

PSN ID
    madwiperII

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by eLhabib
    I LOVE Red Bull! You know, it's an Austrian product, and it was around about 2 or 3 years before 2097 came out, so I was pretty wowed to see a product from my country being advertised in my favorite videogame! Now (of course not only due to the ingame adverts) the whole world knows it, and it definitely still is the best of all the energy drinks out there!

However, username, having THREE CANS A DAY doesn't sound healthy at all! Maybe in England you have a watered down version, too, but just one can of the original Austrian Red Bull can keep me up all night!
    waterd down?? WATERD DOWN!?! i think not young man! (assuming that you are younger than me (15)) lol.
    i dont think it is waterd down, i usually cant get to sleep until 4 am! WTF!
    anyways, what-ever dont kill me - only makes me stronger..... eerr...right...
    (the room falls silent, with the odd cough)

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

I am 23, and yes, some countries (like the US, for example) do indeed only sell a watered down version of Red Bull. I do not know if that also includes the UK (where you live, if the information in your profile is correct), but judging by the fact that you drink 3 cans a day and NOT go totally hyperactive (or maybe you do?) makes me think so.

I have tried both the Austrian original Red Bull, captured in a service station near Imst, and the British import variety, and I am pretty sure that they are both exactly the same animal, though I can`t be totally certain. But you can get immune to the stuff. When I first drank it I would be high as a kite for a while, giggling like a kid, but then I started needing more to get the same effect: the typical path of the addict. I`m generally off it now, at least for “recreational” use The only Red Bull imitation I`ve found which can rival the original in taste and effect is Blue Bear, which you can buy in Spar shops in the UK. The name is a shocking rip off, but, beware, this stuff kicks! Red Bull and some of its imitators can certainly be lifesavers when working with lack of sleep, or driving through the night.

And it certainly is one of Austria`s greatest gifts to the world, along with Mozart, who was 250 years old last week. Having produced 41 symphonies and 600 works by the age of 35, he was probably drinking the stuff too! What a guy!

I had no idea what Red Bull was until a while after I had first played 2097. Advertisers note: it did NOT make me buy any. Not a single can.

PSN ID
    madwiperII

i would like to see it available as a downloadable pack for the wipeout pure game.

a downloadable six-pack?

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

we can only buy it solo, 4 packs (cans) by the case (24 bottles) or by the tray (24 cans) so no 6 packs here sadly.. But I have bought at least two of each of the available package types

elhabib: I found the makeup of our cans, care to compare?
    Apparently it's made in Austria, then imported to Australia before making it's way to New Zealand. no telling (yet) if it's watered down or not though

Ingredients: Carbonated Water, Sucrose, Glucose, Acid (Sodium Citrates), Taurine (0.4%), Glucuronolactone, Caffeine (0.03%), Inositol, Vitamins (Niacinamide, Pantothenic Acid, B6, B12), Flavours, Colours (Caramel, Riboflavin)

USAGE: 2 CANS MAX. DAILY. PASTEURISED. CONTAINS CAFFEINE. NOT RECOMMENDED FOR CHILDREN, PREGNANT OR LACTATING WOMEN OR CAFFEINE SENSITIVE PERSONS

Serving size: 250mL
    for ease of notation I'm gonna just separate the per can form the per 100mL with a /
    Energy: 480kJ/192kJ
    Protein: 0g/0g
    Fat-
    -Total: 0g/0g
    -Saturated: 0g/0g
    Carbohydrates-
    -Total: 28g/11.3g
    -Sugars: 27g/10.7g
    Sodium: 200mg/80mg
    ----------
    Taurine: 1000mg/400mg
    Glucuronolactone: 600mg/240mg
    Caffeine: 80mg/32mg
    Inositol: 50mg/20mg
    Niacinamide: 20mg/8mg
    Pantothenic Acid: 5mg/2mg
    Vitamin B6: 5mg/2mg
    Vitamin B12: 5mcg/2mcg
    Last edited by Lion; 3rd February 2006 at 03:46 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

alright, I will buy a can today and compare.