Thread: has 2097 inspired you to drink red bull???

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    PSN ID
    madwiperII

Talking has 2097 inspired you to drink red bull???

here is a wierd question, but has 2097 inspired you to drink red bull?
    i know it certianly has for me as i have around 3 cans a day! lol.

but in want to know if it has for anyonelse...

PSN ID
    elementfortytwo

The first time I tried Red Bull was indeed after seeing it in 2097, I had never heard of it before. I was so bad at the game then I figured an increase in my reaction speed would help. All it did was make me need to pee more. Very useful.

PSN ID
    madwiperII

yes, i seem to have that side efect. anyways. the only reason i drink it now is because i like the taste of it! lol

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kowareta-vojeet

@topic
    No.

@Taste
    Magicman tastes better!

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

I'm pretty sure it was in WipE'out" (at least on saturn) too, because that's what first made me aware of it.
    I originally thought red bull was a made-up thing for wipeout, so when I first saw it in a shop I was like OMGWTFBSHAX and bought some. it wasn't available here till about a year after I first saw it in game.
    These days it's still my favourite of all the energy drinks that are available here.
    Sadly though the bottles here recently changed in size from 330ml to 250ml, so it's now the same size as the cans but for ~50c more
    And did other countries have the maximum daily intake change a couple years ago from 5 cans a day to 2? The recipe didn't change, only the recommended maximum cans per day

Timezone
    GMT -5

yup. i had no idea what redbull was untill i saw it in xl... now i'm immune to caffine. games combined with my 2000-2004 stint in the "rave" scene saw to that...

granted, here in the states our version of redbull is watered down considerably. i did get some from a psytrance party that was imported from thailand and it was all syrupy and stuff, good kick though.

now i just mix my redbull with skyy vodka ^_^

Timezone
    GMT + 12

Quote Originally Posted by Lion View Post
    I originally thought red bull was a made-up thing for wipeout, so when I first saw it in a shop I was like OMGWTFBSHAX and bought some. it wasn't available here till about a year after I first saw it in game.
    Yeah, thats right. I was too young to be drinking 'energy enhancers' but i remember thinking sony and psygnosis were taking over the world.
    Now im hooked on the stuff.
    There was even a poster on the fridge it was in that said 'Improve reaction times!'
    Thinking about this makes me want to try WipEout while drinking red bull. Hmm.

Timezone
    GMT -8

It's funny you ask this question. This game did in fact get me to drink Red Bull. lol.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

after 2097 I tryed red bull but here, in sweden, it's bitter
    in thailand - sweet!
    well .. too much sugar so ..
    nop I didn't get hooked on it.

i got home from work today, and bought a can of red bull and i find an email reminder of this topic, oh how i love to come home get a can of red bul and enjoy with a cig as in the words of solid snake

"you may know alot about science, but you sont know how good a cigarette taste with a can of cold red bull"

Timezone
    GMT -6

Does Red Bull taste good?

Mark Of Insanity is offline Pilot's License Suspended Rapier Pilot

Not really (particulary the lite version, ewww), but with cigarettes it's different. Better imo, but that's up to debate. Red Bull is pretty syrupy in taste (not texture) but it has it's own taste that I can't really explain. If you have had Red Bull, it's easy to understand the taste. Because it's not as sickly as I make it out to be, lol.

Personally, I enjoy Red Bull for it's energy boost, but the drink's taste I do quite find I have a tongue for.
    So I'm going back on what I said and now saying that it tastes pretty good (If a bit sweet)

Quote Originally Posted by username View Post
    here is a wierd question, but has 2097 inspired you to drink red bull?
    i know it certianly has for me as i have around 3 cans a day! lol.

but in want to know if it has for anyonelse...
    ouch, enjoy your soon to become apparent health complication from having an overexposure to taurine.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

Never had the chance to drink Red Bull and play Wipeout XL at the same time - wouldn't that be complicated though? Then again, that's what bendy straws were invented for XD But it did inspire me to get a hold of a Red Bull. Of course, when I first played Wipeout XL, it wouldn't have been good for me at that age. X_X

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

I don't really know if it's good for you at any age I drink it nevertheless.