Thread: Game Freezes and Shuts Down on Menu

Default Game Freezes and Shuts Down on Menu

OK. I have all the downloads for Wipeout Pure released to date on my Sandisk 1GB Card, and I have a bug when navigating the Tournament's Vector Menu.

If I scroll down, it hangs when I highlight 'Desension'. Alpha, Beta, Delta, and Gamma can be highlighted, but the game Freezes, and then shuts down when Desension is highlighted.

Anyone have any clues as to what is causing this, and/or how it can be resolved?

EDIT: Just checked, bug happens on Venom, too. Only happens when Desension is highlighted with the D-Pad.

Timezone
    GMT -6

humm...

sounds fishy, since i havent heard of this before and the Desention tourny is only accessable after you download the content, i would guess that the only reak way to fix this is to redownload the packs but past that i would say you have a defective psp or disk but since it works with the other tournies i think that it's you packs.

but thats my guess. If it is wrong don't sue me.

I redownloaded all the packs again, and the same thing happens. Really, really odd.

PSN ID
    miufs

It happens something similar to me.
    When im in a race if i put my PSP in stand-by when i turn it again the game freezes and the PSP shuts down.
    This is why i must finish the tournaments at once or leave the PSP always on so i dont loose my progress.

That never happenned to me, until I downloaded the packs o.o

PSN ID
    infoxicated

It's odd that you'd be getting this, as the menu crash bug was noticed fairly early on in the life of a couple of the packs and replacemnts were available within the week. I cant comment for the other sites, but I know for a fact that if you get them from the ingame download site then you're getting the most up to date versions of the packs, which should be fine.

I've been downloading them from yourpsp.com. I'll try re-downloading them via the in-game facility

OK, I had to delete them from the memory card, and re-download them via the in-game facility, but it works now.

One more thing. The "Classic" races arn't showing up in Vemon or Vector Tournaments. Is this normal?

They'll only show up as a tournament when you complete them as single races as far as I remember.

That's right and you need to do the same for other packs (with tracks), even Omega...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Quote Originally Posted by TwoTailedFox
    One more thing. The "Classic" races arn't showing up in Vemon or Vector Tournaments. Is this normal?
    You unlock classic1 tracks one by one depending on the number of gold you have : for instance 30golds for sagarmatha, then 45 for manor top and 60 for Mandrashee. And when you unloked the last one ( Mandra) you ll be able to do the classic tournaments.

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Has anyone downloaded the PSP Firmware V2.60 and found that other games as well as Pure suddenly just freeze, all buttons are unresponsive then about 10 seconds later the PSP shuts off, at first I thought it was just a bug with Smackdown Vs RAW but then when I went back to playing Pure I noticed it happening there too, so far it’s frozen randomly it would appear whilst the game was loading loading, at the end of the race when you confirm your three letter tag (3 times here) whilst scrolling through menus and once in the middle of a race. I’m assuming it’s the firmware since it didn’t do this before, am I correct in saying that it can’t be rolled back once upgraded? Its starting to really piss me off.

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

it cannot be rolled back, and I actually struck this more while running 1.5 than I have since upgrading.
    so it's not firmware specific
    I think that's just how the psp crashes

the game most prone to it is burnout legends. multiplayer with more than 2 people crashes (in the lobby) about 75% of the time for me

PSN ID
    madwiperII

Thumbs down

i have had a few problems with the in-game site, it keeps freezing before i can get to the downloads section

does anyone know why?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

try going to your PSP menu > powersave settings and turn the wlan powersave OFF. that might help.

PSN ID
    madwiperII

oh my god! i hacced on to next doors wireless connection with my laptop and downloaded omega tracks and gamma pack fine, for the first time in my life i downloaded something!!! YES

yaaay [applauds]

---
    [the message i entered is not too short]
    apparently nothing inside brackets is recognised.

PSN ID
    madwiperII

Talking

lol, i would reccomend to anyone who cant seem to download any of the packs to do the same as i did!

PSN ID
    infoxicated

That's not hacking... that's simply using an unsecured network!

Calling that hacking is like calling setting the timer on your video VCR programming!

My cousin done it for a few months about a year ago because someone nearby hadn't secured their wireless network - he got away with free internet until they obviously figured it out. Or got a huge bill because they were on pay as you surf!

Good to know you finally got the packs, though.