Thread: Online......

Question Online......

Does anyone actually play the game online? the few times ive logged on there has never been a server running. I started one myself once, waited 5mins nobody joined i got bored and went back to single player. We should arrange some times/dates for some online racing =)

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

add my msn (above my posts) and message me when you jump on. I am on holiday till early feb now so am available to play most any time.
    I have EU and US versions, so whichever you prefer

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

I take it that by 'online' you are referring to xlink kai? simply going into multiplayer and searching for games won't get you anywhere, since the game itself has no online multiplayer function. just in case you didn't know...

Sorry for dragging an old thread up but why does the game claim the on line gaming experience may change if the infrastructure mode is limited to downloading addons? This is indeed a huge disappointment.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

To be precise, it reads 'Game Experience May Change During Wireless Play.'
    That refers to ad-hoc multiplayer, no word about online.

Quote Originally Posted by eLhabib
    To be precise, it reads 'Game Experience May Change During Wireless Play.'
    That refers to ad-hoc multiplayer, no word about online.
    To be precise it says is when you click on the online option which is then followed by a network selection screen, to play ad-hoc you just select mulitplayer.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

oh, I thought you meant the warning on the box. didn't know it says that in-game.

however, it is still rightfully there. as soon as you connect to the internet (for what purpose doesn't matter), Sony/SL do not have control over the things you may encounter anymore (even if it's just a broken link while downloading) - hence the warning. every game that enables you to connect to the web has to have this warning.

Fair do's i can understand Sony covering their backs but the game is sold as an Infrastructure game simple as that. As someone who bought the original Wipeout in September 95 and every Sony version since (not that it makes me any good i might add) this was a tantalising option which made Pure a worthy purchase only to find out this significant leap forwards in hand held gaming offers nothing more than an option to download addons via an inferior encryption method. Not only will it not allow online play it wont work with a pre shared key.

The game is worthy, it is the best WipEout since the first "oh its too hard" incarnation but the online multiplayer side of Pure is an absolute laughing stock, it is what people are buying it for and not getting.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

nowhere, neither on the packaging, nor the manual or the actual game does it say 'Infrastructure Play'. and you can easily play over the web using xLink (tunneling program)

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

heh, I dont know about "easily" judging by the number of people I've encountered on kai that simply cannot get it working

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

well, cmon, it's not THAT hard. I knew NOTHING about computers and got it working. most people are simply not willing to get information by themselves...