Thread: Buying a UK PSP... what the hell is goin on?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Buying a UK PSP... what the hell is goin on?

I'm planning on finally gettin a PSP with Wipeout Pure and Lumines or Ridge Racer in the new year. I'm lookin on Game and Gamestation and all the Giga packs are all either sold out or involve gettin extra stuff I don't want for a price I don't personally wanna pay (basically they're charging more than the Giga pack on its own). I heard somewhere that the reason no ones selling packs on their own is cause of something Sony's told shops or something... anyone got any info on this?

Also, anyone reckon that I'd be able to get a Giga pack in the new year after the Christmas surge, cause lets face it, every mum and dad are rinsing the machines from the shops like they were Cliff Richards knickers, and all the shops seem to love to mention how their sold out and that the next lot wouldn't be in till such and such a day/week. Likelihood of them being sold out around about 9th January?

One last thing, Lumines or Ridge Racer?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Lumines, definitely.

Timezone
    GMT -6

yes lum difiityly,but i'm not sure if your saying you get the gigia pack with games or accerois other than the remote/movie/prievews/cloth/case/headphones/headphonemoviecontrol/1gig memmory sitck. but those are mandatory anything else is extra.

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

ridge racer is a lot of fun, but if you went that route you'd quickly find yourself wanting something that's NOT a racing game
    another vote for lumines

Lumines would be a sensible choice since you're aiming to get a racing game but it's up to you, if you prefer ridge racer the most then choose it.

Anyway, did you check GAME or gameplay online recently? They have Giga packs in stock and they don't have extras with them (unless you go for one of it's bundles), it's worth a look there.

Yeah I think I'll just go for Pure and Lumines for the moment. At least it ain't both racing games at the same time and to be honest I only want Ridge for the Type 4 tracks. Do miss Ridge though.

Rouni Kenshin#1: Basically in the UK all the shops are sellin extra stuff like PSP stand and speakers as mandatory bundles and I don't need all that. I just want the Giga on its own without the other stuff the shops are pushing. Stock is running thin as well so that ain't good.

SMThomas: Did check out Gamestation today and they're doin the packs on their own now for just under 200 quid, dunno if they had any in. Virgin and Game are still trying to con me with the extras. Just waiting till new year now and see what happens.

Thanks alot for the help everyone.

PSN ID
    infoxicated

On www.play.com you can get the Giga and the Value pack without having to shell out for all the stuff you don't want.

If you do get the Giga pack you'll be in the enviable position of being able to get all the Wipeout Pure downloads when you first get the game, so you'll be spoiled for choice with regards to craft and tracks.