Thread: Buy PSP for Pure?

Cool Buy PSP for Pure?

I'm still playin the first WO on the Playstation and the Grafics etc. are not up to date, so I thougt about buying the PSP, but: Is Pure worth spending 250€ (or $) for a PSP?

Timezone
    GMT -5

Personally, I say yes, because not only is Pure a great game, there's other features that keep me coming back like playing my MP3s, and there are some other games too, some really awesome ones just waiting to be released (like Guilty Gear XX)

Exclamation

Well, I already have a mp3-player....

I just found out that there is a GTA for the PSP, has anyone already played it?

Yes and it is great, but not as good as San Andreas.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

I'm not sure if I would buy a PSP just for Pure... okay... I did it - but just because I got my PSP 100€ cheaper and I saw that WipEout wasn't the only good game.
    That I don't have a mp3-player was also a reason...

I always kbnew I was going to be getting a PSP since it was announced, before I discovered that Wipeout Pure was on it. The fact it doubles up as an MP3-Player and a DVD-ish player is an added bonus. Oh and WiFi internet is a great Idea, even if there isn't a hotspot near me.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Sven-RIT

Wipeout Pure was the reason I got a PSP during the launch period. But, if Pure had been the only reason to get a PSP, I don't know if I would have gone for it. Fortunately, there were other games like Lumines to keep me interested, and it's been a worthwhile purchase.

Timezone
    GMT + 2

I bought mine just for wipeout, I have a few other games that get some gameplay now as well but Pure still hogs my PSP. No regrets!!

Me too Sengir, PSP just for Pure, likewise with PS2 & Fushion (Big Mistake)
    Have recently purchased more games for PSP but always go back to Pure

Timezone
    GMT + 2

Yeah Dominator, I did a similar thing to you with the PS2 as well. When I couldn't get my Negcon to work with my PS2 it became a rather expensive dvd player! Damn I love my Negcon!!

Talking

Ok, I think I'll get one too...
    Sausehuhn, where did you get yours, want to get mine cheaper too...

Pure, GTA, Guilty Gear (import it!) and Lumines alone make it worth a purchase.

Admittedly I've been pretty disappointed with the slow trickle of games but the good ones are really excellent.

Do the imported Games work on a PSP bought in Germany (or another european country)?
    I thougt they have a region code like DVDs...

Timezone
    GMT -5

Yes, they do, I can play my Euro and japanese Wipeout Pure on my US version PSP. When it comes to playing multiplayers, only the version of the game counts for matching signals, the hardware origin has no bearing on the connection.

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

to try make that clearer

games bought anywhere will play on any PSP bought anywhere
    it is possible for games to be region locked, but none are yet, and there are no plans to start

a game released for one territory will probably not work in wireless multiplayer against the same game as released for another territory.
    the region of release can be determined by the code on the spine of the game.. UCUS = USA, UCUE = Europe. etc
    Europe and Oceania so far tend to have the same releases (treated as one territory)

downloadable content is locked to the region the game originates from also. you cannot use euro bonus content in a us game or vise versa.

the region coding of your PSP only really has any impact on UMD movies. these are region locked in the same way as DVDs, except without the 5 changes thing.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Don't know how much stock is available (almost zero in UK when i visied) but here PSP Giga pack is everywhere for €299

I bought a PSP just for Pure as well, and although I got really involved with GTA, with all of the downloadable content, Pure has still been my favorite game. Doesn't make a super mp3/video player, since the MS Duo capacity is so small, but the screen is awesome.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

@ M45t3rchief

my PSP is a japanese one, it's exactly like the european (just another screen is used - heard it's a better one). You can play european UMD-Movies and play all games.
    And it's cheaper of course.

But if you want a PSP that playes US-UMD-Movies, then you have to buy the US PSP, couse it upports another region code that just the USA has.

And if you don't give a damn about UMD-Movies you can buy a PSP from every country, just take the cheapest...