Thread: Classic Sagamartha

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Default Classic Sagamartha

Having only just got my hands on the PSP and pure I'm so far only racing in vector , the alpha beta and ascension tournaments i've completed, and via single race also unlocked the Classic league...but it only allows me to race the Karbonis track, the graphics of which are not as high res as all the others. I've downloaded Gamma pack, and all this is available to me.....so how do I get the rest of the tracks unlocked in Classic ???

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

They'll become available as you get more golds

Timezone
    GMT -6

Yeah The Classic tracks have to be unlocked by getting a certain number of golds for each track, you'll get them quickly enough. All the Classic league looks like that stylised Tron-theme, they're not 'low-res', just not made to be realistic. They chose to make them look that way due to a lack of time to make them look really flashy. The Classic2 league looks more visually impressive, but doesn't make you feel all warm inside with memories of one of the few good things Disney ever produced (the other being Pirates of the Caribbean)

Timezone
    GMT -5

*smiles* It always warms my heart to meet another person who liked Tron It was a good movie, dangit!

Yeah Seek, Disney movies generally suck not Tron, best movie they ever made, thats why i have it on DVD.
    Tron rocks

and yet the odd thing is that despite how good the movie is, and despite the popularity of sci-fi, computer special-effects, and uh... futuristic racing , the movie did badly at the box office. no justice

Most of the best movies are sleeper hits, only recognised long after they 'fail' at the box-office. And movies like Harry Potter make millions.

There is truly no justice in this world, except making small children cry by telling them Snape kills Dumbledore

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Thanks for the replies...thought it might be something like this, but as i was already up to 19 golds i was beginning to get worried that i had a bug from somewhere or the Gamma download (as someone who got 90+% in Jak only to activate the stadium bug !)

And yes Tron was a bit of a landmark film, even the arcade game did it some justice if only for the bike racing part...

awwww. maaaaan. i always kinda liked Snape. what did you have to tell me thAt for?

Timezone
    GMT + 5.5

Youve only downloaded Gamma? How come u havent got Classic2, Delta and Omega yet? If u think Classic league is "low-res", wait till u see Omega. Burgertown is a 2D animated cartoon, Paris Hair is a warp of faces laughing at u, Cardcity is tinytown and 123Klan is just plain crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek100
    There is truly no justice in this world, except making small children cry by telling them (snip)
    That was harsh, dude. Harsh. I've read the book, but if I hadn't I'd have been more than a little disgruntled by that. Spoiling a story is just not fair play.

Whilst I don't think the Classic League is 'Low-Res' I did feel a bit jilted by the graphics. You'd have expected computer games graphics to improve over a hundred years, not regress to Tron (the film) like levels...
    Classic2 was slightly better but could have doen with backgrounds.

Jittery-Joe, it's stylisation dude, you know the idea that stuff doesn't have to look uber-realistic? They made the Classic tracks look like that because they wanted too, same with Classic2, it was intentional, a style choice. We can make some pretty realistic looking games today, but yet we find people making things like Killer7, which to be polite isn't gonna win any awards for graphical quality, but is a fantastic game and in it's own way looks pretty damn cool. The Classic tracks might be a fashion trend in the 2190s for virtual reality to look surreal like a weird 215 year old film no?

P.S. Brianetta, whatever dude, I bloody hate J.K. Rowling and her crap books/films, I never thought I'd say it but children should read more Tolkein these days, I can't imagine many have even heard of the Silmarillion let alone read the thing.

on the other hand, Seek, none of this means that one's own taste and value set is right for everyone else. it is a matter of personal taste; not good taste, not bad taste, but individual taste. your individual taste does not give you the right to ruin the enjoyment of any work of any kind for someone else. i don't know what is going wrong in your life lately, and i'm sorry if things are not going well for you, but you've been acting like a pissed-off jackass to the other forum members for too long recently. if you've got problems, blame the people responsible, but don't take out your frustrated anger on us.

Seek: I hear ya about stylisation and all, but I just felt that there was no consistency between the track, craft and background styles, which Zone Mode seemed to do better.
    Plus the notalgia of Porto Kora, Manor Top and others really deserve to be rendered like they were originally (with pit lane...).

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

you could argue that some of the nostalgia was lost by making the classic tracks in this stylized fashion. But then, it makes them more believeable in the context of purE's story, where they simply don't exist in reality anymore. Oh and the classic2 tracks look GORGEOUS! You just gotta love those!

Oh aye, Classic2 looked very good, just Classic1 didn't as much. Still would've like to have seen the W3O tracks fully redone properly, like a new-age version of w3oSE

Classic 2 does look fantastic, really blew me away!!
    As for Classic league, not really my taste, but each to there own, otherwise still great fun to race

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Unhappy

Right, so I got there in the end and......................well its just pants isn't it....the reason i was so keen to unlock Sagamatha was this used to be one of my favourite tracks, mostly because it had an 'atmosphere or 'ambience', you sat there on the start line, just waiting for the turbo start, trying not to be distracted by the fantastic view of the himalayan mountains...there was even snow falling...and now, well its rubbish.
    Sure i understand the 'well its virtual reality' aspect now, but its just not the same, they should not have done this to my track !!!
    The Future has evolved ! If thats true than Darwin obviously was wrong and it looks like pastafarianism is the way forward.....