Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the new WipeoutZone forum

Red face

I know it looks uncomfortable to you all members but get used to it and you should do fine.

To me, first it looks strange but now it looks quite advanced!

Timezone
    GMT -5

There's bound to be kinks to work out of course, as with any major change, but eventually we'll learn to love it for sure!

the new text options are lovely. So many new ways for us to annoy people with different colours and fonts. Might be a good idea to keep that stuff to a minimum. My only complaint is that the new wink isn`t quite winky enough, and so I would love the old one back, but other than that it looks highly efficient and if it helps the mods to mod then it`s all good.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    xEik

I guess I'd prefer a more customised look that is easier to the eyes. I'm sure that it will come in time.

On the bright side, I'm released from the duty of upgrading the forums. JK

lol
    oh, yeah. how about those constant security updates to php, eh? fun stuff.

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Wow, looking good! Nice stuff Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by eLhabib
    ....I go in there, read the post, go back to main page to check if there's new posts in another section, and it STILL tells me there's a new post in pilot's lounge. ...
    yep, that annoys the hell out of me, too. it is possible by using the option in the Quick Links dropdown menu in the top bar to mark the thread as read, but that is a PITA, and should be done by the software automatically without required input from the user

edit:
    oo oo! has just discovered a ''New Posts'' button in the control bar at the top.
    Last edited by Lance; 15th November 2005 at 06:45 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 2

Smile

As with every change from something familiar, it'll take a while to get used to the new layout, but already I like it... a lot! Love being able to browse the memberlist, and hey - pointing at a thread title shows the beginning of it! I'm sure there's a lot more goodies to discover.

Yeah, I for one won't be demanding my entry fee in return Good one, Infoxx

(I also see the "location" info has returned, hope it won't be abused like before)
    Last edited by Roger; 15th November 2005 at 07:41 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Hi Rob , great job dude obviously for a locked topic it's a bit like an ' open bar ' : i like that way and also the new layout

Even it's quite disturbing at first

PSN ID
    infoxicated

Thanks for the feedback. Yes, it is quite a striking change, but I'm doing my best to tweak the colours and images to make it feel more like home.

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

The interface does seem a lot more flexible than the old phpBB forums, and I like the idea of being able to track threads you've posted in as well. The WYSIWIG posting window is also a great addition, no more having to preview messages. I think this is going to work really well.

Thumbs up

Love the new look, pleasing to the eye and easy to use, very posh.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    WZ_Task

I'm almost amazed at how well everything carried over!

New forums up and running, this is definitely worthy of a news post on the main site. 8 )

Timezone
    GMT + 5.5

Question

Wat is goin' on here??? WOZ is now powered by vBulletin? At first, it looks tacky, then u kinda settle into it. I liked th old choice of smilies better, these ones r rather odd. Apart from a little line and being blue, the wink smily is almost the same as the smile smily. See? Hey, how do u put these things on? Is it okay to use those old smilies? Hey u can attach files here!!! So long, imageshack!That seems to be one good advantage.

Edito: OK, the smily prob has been sloved, just that, the old smilies and new smilies dont realy fit with each other.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Distrupto; 16th November 2005 at 10:44 AM.

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

ooo super new forums! I was getting a tad concerned about some smilies not being carried over but I found my favourite one excellent

excelent, looks like all the other forums im on now, kendo word and bbforums , har har har, at least i dont need to reregister sorted

good job the sigs arnt active, ive seen too many people in other forums with huge sigs, no need
    Last edited by piranha wiper; 18th November 2005 at 04:27 PM.

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

I was just having a quick peak at the member directory when the following caught my eye

User Name - Anti Grav Man Posts - 0 Join Date - 04-07-2002 Last Visit 01-01-1970

heh this site sure is alot older than I realised

Timezone
    GMT -6

Wink

Wow, it's been a while since i've been on the bords(my spelling is still bad) and i love the new look infox sorry to say that i bought Burnout Legends insted of the memmory stick so i'm still stuck on Altima VII and no more downlads. But i hope to catch up soon

Timezone
    GMT -5

I use vBulletin on some other forums that I post in, and I think it is a good system. Hope it works for you guys!

PSN ID
    infoxicated

That was one of the factors in my decision to change - I use it at a few high traffic sites and I found it to me much more usable than phpBB.