Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Missing The Pitt Lanes

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

classic2 tracks - yeah, pseudo-pilanes would've been cool, but on the delta tracks??? how so?

Timezone
    GMT -5

Personally, I don't miss the pit lanes. Absorbing weapons adds a new layer of strategy, especially since the best weapons give the most energy when absorbed.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

same as Drakk

A tip for gare d'Europa : Never Go into that pitlane wait for an E-Pak icon

Timezone
    GMT + 5.5

Ive gone into that pitlane twice. Once after my shield was one quarter and wanted to see wat a pitlane in WO is like, and once wen an AI Auricom rammed me hard, sending both of us into the pits unnecisarily. :x Only once Ive absorbed a quake, but wen Ive absorbed a Plasma sometimes, it gives 150% more shield than rockets. Once, wen I didnt want to absorb a quake well in the lead at Sagarmatha, I tried to turn around. Instead I crashed. How does eLhabib do that?

Timezone
    GMT -5

He's just a total bastard when it comes to reverse quaking, is all :

I've had some mishaps myself when it comes to reverse quaking, usually I don't do it unless something catastrophic brings me to acomplete halt and I've got nothing to lose by slowing down anyway. It helps me recover from that stop since everybody else suffers as well.

Timezone
    GMT + 5.5

That was the only time I tried reverse quaking. After that, I never tried it on anyone. Quake is one of the strangest weapons in a battle-racing game ive ever seen, similar to the Homing Tornado or N-Tropy Clock from the N-Gages Crash Nitro Kart, one of my favorites. The Homing Tornado, which can be juiced into the Turbo Homing Tornado, releases a twister on to the track which homes for the race leader and catches him in a powerful tornado for a while. It also hits anyone between u and the leader who gets in its path. But u cant absorb weapons in CNK since there is no shield factor with bandicoots, but the Wumpas, powerful unlockable boss racers and the CNK Challenges made up for that. WO is waaaaay faster and the weapons and stuff r smoother.

reverse quake eh? cant wait to try them moves out when kai works (long time with my cursed luck)

''there is no shield factor with bandicoots, but the Wumpas, powerful unlockable boss racers and the CNK Challenges made up for that.''

ROFLOL

thanks for that, Distrupto; it gets my day off to a great start. ''no shield factor with bandicoots,'' [cackles insanely] aaaah. that comment put me in a great mood.

edit: yes i got up late. [couldn't sleep last night; brain would't shut off till 0700]

Quote Originally Posted by eLhabib
    classic2 tracks - yeah, pseudo-pilanes would've been cool, but on the delta tracks??? how so?
    That was pretty much what I was getting at, y'know...

Gare d'Europa Pitt Lane Sorry guys it has been so long : Is that the one after big big jump, long straight, with Pitt Lane on left before big right hand bend and tunnel ops:
    If so i do kinda remember being knocked into the pitt lane by other ships when not wanting to go in, on the other hand trying to get in and being blocked by other ships therefore missing the pitt lane all together, friggin annoying sometimes :x

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Sven-RIT

Eh, I don't miss pits that much. Most of them were pretty awkward to get in to, and they only came once a lap, so it made things kind of hard. And with the kind of brutalization that goes on online, I don't think more than 2 people would finish a race ever without weapon absorbtion, heheheh.

But actually, I think the main reason "contender eliminated" isn't uttered as much in Pure as XL or 3 is because Plasmas aren't instant kills anymore. Plasmas were the main thing I got eliminations with in those games.

I also think weapon absorbtion lends more of a strategic element than pit lanes.

Timezone
    GMT -5

*shudders uncontrollably at the thought of insta-kill plasma in Pure*

Timezone
    GMT + 5.5

I know, the 2097 Plasma is ultimate destruction, hardly any charging time, and one-hit kill. In Pure, it takes 5 times as much time to charge, and only does 90% damage to a 3-shield ship. Also, following Medieval's lead, all the AI start to regenerate shields out of absolutely nothing after Flash class. This makes them almost impossible to kill. Last time I heard "Contender Eliminated" in Pure was in a sudden clash on Citta. Poor AgS was eliminated and I went on to win in a Qirex, with Auri second and Triakis third. : grin

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Sven-RIT

Actually, if you make a point out of stalking a Medieval, it's not that hard to kill it. It will go down with a Plasma and some well placed rockets.

I wasn't too thrilled when i first heard that Pure was not going to have pits but instead use weapons to charge your shield.
    I really like it though, more than the old system.