Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Missing The Pitt Lanes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Missing The Pitt Lanes

"I really do miss the Pitt Lanes"
    I know wipEout is all about racing, but i do miss hearing "Contender Eliminated"
    which, imo, you hear alot less with the new shield recharge method in Pure:
    Remember how challenging it was making your way back to the Pitt Lane to recharge your shields, always having to watch your six, great fun and im not talking about Fusion, by far my least favorite
    Pls don't get me wrong i love Pure and it's new shield recharge system, i just miss the old too
    What do you guys think

It was cool, but kind of annoying too - at least the Pure route, when you do send down an enemy craft in flames, you feel soooooo much better for it!

Too true, harder, but much more satisfying to make a kill in Pure : grin

especially when you pull off a barrel roll charging a plasma or something, the racing and weapons can be used really really agressively in multiplayer as one of the guys at work found out. twas a fluke, but then again it was the long straight after "robots make robots" jump.

"robots make robots"
    Excuse my ignorance :

On Chenghou there's a long right-left S-bend just before the big jump and on the right turn part of it there's a neon sign reading 'robots build robots', just some ingame advertising.

Cheers Seek, dunno how i missed that one ops:

Timezone
    GMT + 5.5

The pitlane is more realistic, and makes a damaged craft watch out and slowly go around to the pitlane trying to save itself. Like in F-1, wen a cars tyre starts losing pressure or a wing comes off, they have to somehow hold it together until the pits where they get it changed. Weapons absorbing is just a natural progression in advancing technology.

More realistic than hover cars picking up missiles and quakes by running over certain glowing squares on the track?

presumably all the weapons are already on board, and when you pass over a 'pickup' area, you just get a one-use activation code transmitted to you. the code changes on every pickup so that you can only fire one weapon till you get the next code pickup

I've never thought of it that way before but now you put it like that? It sorta makes sense...

PSN ID
    madwiperII

you know what? when i heard that there was gonna be no more pitt lanes i was happy bout it. but i now am very slightly missig them too! ops:
    i wonder if they will be in the ps3 wipeout?
    instead of healing you ship so quickly, they could be really slow to make te game a little more challanging.

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Screw pit lanes and trying to stay alive until you reach them the new system is much better since you don't have to worry about slowing down to enter a pit lane you might not even make it to, take 2097 for example on Gare d'Europa I was trying to enter the pit lane almost out of energy and as I was turning round got smashed by rockets and then another ship came along and bashed me into the wall and you know what happened next right?

Oh yes and as for the pits taking ages to dish out the energy that’s not fair on the weaker ships now is it?

Timezone
    GMT + 5.5

Yeah, at GD Europa, I had several collisions with AI trying to get into the pitlane. And it kept charging and only reached full at the very end of the pitlane. Weapons absorbing is quick and only partially recherges ur shields.

PSN ID
    madwiperII

i see your points. maybe then they should stick with pures ideas.
    but i still think that as soon as you hit the absorb button it should take at LEST ten seckonds for the energy to be fully absorbed.

Timezone
    GMT -5

That would mean absorbing only two, three weapons tops per lap on a Phantom race. And if you picked up another awful weapon during that time, you'd be stuck an entire lap with useless weapons instead of getting another 4-5 chances to get something useful.

Timezone
    GMT + 5.5

Quote Originally Posted by username
    i see your points. maybe then they should stick with pures ideas.
    but i still think that as soon as you hit the absorb button it should take at LEST ten seckonds for the energy to be fully absorbed.
    Wen ur absorbing a disruptor and its taking ten seconds, u may miss out on the weapons at several pads. The recharge time is good as it is already.

PSN ID
    madwiperII

maybe you could still pick up other weapons as when recharging the icon would dissapear!

I think that on the classic tracks, they should have left the pit lane as just an alternate racing line to retain the authenticaty (sp...), but in the new tracks, I don't care that much.

Timezone
    GMT + 5.5

the classic tracks r not the same as there originals. They r neotronics. However, Classic2 tracks and Delta tracks should have kept the pitlanes as a split like in Sinucit.