Thread: EU PureUrban music pack

Timezone
    GMT + 9
    PSN ID
    Aka-sho

Default EU PureUrban music pack

Urban Pure
    http://www.psp-pureurban.com

Click download tracks & get pure music packs!!!

6 download music packs in this site.

- PureUrban UK Pack
    - PureUrban German Pack
    - PureUrban Italian Pack
    - PureUrban French Pack
    - PureUrban Benelux Pack
    - PureUrban Spanish Pack

Love WipE'out'' Aka-sho

what is this?

wipeout = elektro music not urban, keep the latter for GTA

apparently there are several people who prefer a different style for their own playing of the game. nothing wrong with that; it doesn't change the official music in the game for those who want it

further "unofficial" official content >>

I've just downloaded one of the packs - but you can waste your memory-stick's space in other and maybe better ways...
    The tracks are quite slow and not very sweeping in comparison with pure's and all the well-known wipeout tracks. For me it would be impossible to race with this sort of music, it's really a different style, as Lance said. It's not wipeout ;)

btw: isn't there any way to replace the music in the pack with your own favorites? just an idea... Some more music from 2097 oder wip3out would be great. On the other hand this would destroy pure's style and replace it by your own, but I think this has been discussed enough.

Urban is not my music either, way too slow for me and too much 'bling bling'

If it's possible for us to download music packs, then is must be possible to make music packs yourself somehow, right?

Not unless you have access to PSP programming tools, encryption and so on.

Has anyone actually downloaded these packs? Are there different music tracks depending on region?

Question: Is the upcoming "music mixer" on the site a program similar to that of the new GTA, which lets you make your own music packs?

PSN ID
    o_fluff

Im not sure.

But answering Dogg's question, yes each country has their own genre of music, so if you select another country you could get theirs possibly.

One of the packs apparanly is a techno one, that should be intresting...

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg Thang
    Not unless you have access to PSP programming tools, encryption and so on.

Has anyone actually downloaded these packs? Are there different music tracks depending on region?
    Yea, I downloaded the UK and in (f**k me!!! was shocked to learnt there are EVEN MORE!!!)

Given that I know the vile abortion that is UK urban music I'm petrified to actually click on any of the downloads, can someone braver than I wade through the detritus and inform us which of the packs is actually techno, and thus good?

Phew! - well, here is the full list ... I REALLY need to get out more...

UK
    Sway - 'Slo' Downn'
    Ironik ft. Yazmin & Tinie Tempah - 'Listen to the Vibe'
    Bruza - 'In the Endz'

German
    Armin Treiber - Just Jack
    Shipper - Echoboard
    Resonator - Loewen Hertz

Italian
    Delroy ft. Micronauti - Hard Rain
    DJ War ft. Lu Marra - Jungle Style
    Ruma - Plaiser

French
    Dakrishna - Bad Boy Racing
    Earsut - The Bad Reputation
    Tarik ‘N’ Djamel - Wanted Punk

Benelux (Netherlands)
    Big Ed - Pak Uti
    Ijsman (Lazerus remix) - Ziel
    Miss Dee ft. Leo Tani - Stop Foolin

Spanish
    Deepologists ft. Katrina Marie - Apocalyptic Motion
    Jordi Goberna - Are You A Coconut
    Nabil Moratalla - One Minute Theory

Seek, I had a quick preview of the tracks on the site, and decided to download German, Spanish and French packs. There might be something in these for someone who`s getting bored of the original music. They`re not all bad, but they aren`t particularly suited to wipeout either. The French pack does have a track called Bad Boy Racing, though, which earned it a download from me. This is the most hardcore pack of the bunch, and while it may not be amazing it could be fun to race to, for those who like a harder sound. Lower your expectations and you might avoid disapointment, but you `ll probably end up deleting them from your card as I probably will.

The Netherland and Italian packs are musical styles not at all suited to wipeout, and the UK pack, I`m sorry to say, contains painfully bad examples of musical styles not at all suited to wipeout. I downloaded this without checking it first..... big mistake, although now I have been treated to the amazing lyrical insight that, "life in the end..... is alright I guess." Thanks for that, PureUrban, I`ll come down from the ledge now. :roll:

Why can't they just let us add our own music? Or at least vet (sp?) the music they allow to be added to make sure it's something in keeping with the style of the game? I despair sometimes.

Life generally is not all-right when you're listening to urban music, either it's not of your own volition, or there's something seriously wrong upstairs. I half-expected there to be some 'garage' music on there for the UK one. An ironic title as it describes the an ideal location for the music to be placed, in the garage, on the floor and then to drive your car over the CD repeatedly until nothing remains but tiny plastic shards.

don't forget to use the leaked oil to set the crushings afire

Timezone
    GMT -5

If there's one thing that horror movies have taught us, is that unnatural abominations only die when killed with fire :

Not true, the Evil Dead died when you read an incantation from the Necronomicon. Though I doubt that would work here, maybe we could get Bruce Cambell in to help though, with chainsaw and boomstick?

I have no idea whether most of the tracks I downloaded work OK with the game: because you can`t actually hear them when you`re playing. To me it seems that the volume of the German and Spanish, and to some extent the French pack, is way too low compared to the original and Cold Storage music. You can turn up the music level in the settings menu, but I didn`t do that because then the original stuff will be way too loud.

Timezone
    GMT -8

Wow, you guys; I listen to plenty of urban music and I like to think I have fairly decent taste in music. No one has guns pointed at any of your heads to download this stuff, so why all the bashing? Let me guess - everyone here hates hip-hop and rap?

Timezone
    GMT -7

No,at least I don't. But to most people Urban music just isn't what wipeout is about. To most people music in wipeout should be a little electronic and fast paced to bring them into the race and get their blood flowing, but for many wipers Urban can't do that for them. But if Urban does it for you then its all good .

Good for you Mogaar!

Tut tut, you miserable cynical old bunch you : it’s new content, furthermore it’s free, if you don’t like/want it, don’t download it! Personally I think it’s kinda cool, it also takes us way and above any other region in terms of downloadables, over 100mb now! 8O