Thread: Jap T-shirts

Default Jap T-shirts

Can anyone work out how to but a tee from the jap pure site?
    Also how doe the sizes translate into Uk ones?

Like getting blood from a stone... the company that sells em' won't ship abroad... they're so rude they won't even RESPOND to mails! :

can the people in the shipping department read English?

Yeaaaaa I'd imagine so... it's the most wildly spoken language in the world and they're missing out on a lot of potential business if there's no-one who can!

There is some english text there, even something in the QA/FAQ's to the point of 'we don't ship internationally' would suffice.

it's certainly wildly spoken, alrighty

Give me a couple of days and I will get someone to translate their policy on shipping abroad and post it here. I am going to buy a "shadow of the collosus" (wanda to kyozo) t-shirt when its released in a week or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Purist
    ... it's the most wildly spoken language in the world
    Come off it. Not in Japan or anywhere else in Asia it isn't.

Good chance they're simply ignoring you.

Ignoring... exactomondo! - not very wise business practice, ignoring potentially hundreds of sales :roll:

As wildly spoken as English is, and it really does get wild sometimes, there are other factors you have to consider here.

First and foremost, licensing and merchandising rights are divided up by territory. It is highly unlikely that this company has t-shirt rights outside of their territory and, as a result, can't sell outside it. By the way - this also applies to parent companies so, for example, if these were being manufactured by Sony themselves (unlikely) they wouldn't sell them to you without going through Sony Europe.

The second thing is that few japanese companies like this would bother selling outside japan. Their costs for processing international payments would be high (for some reason this is much more of a problem in japan than in other countries) and they would likely not get enough orders in to make it worthwhile shipping abroad.

But there are always options! What you need if you want one of those is a middle man. An import company. I haven't seen them popping up on any import sites but, if they don't, I'd recommend emailing the guys at http://www.shoppingmalljapan.com/ and asking if they can get some. They are a middle man service for things like Yahoo Japan auctions, where there is always great stuff but nobody ships outside japan even if you can communicate with them. There are other similar middle men but this was the only one I had a link handy for.