Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wipeout 3 SE choice of classic tracks

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    rejj

I'd take anything over Odessa Keys

Quote Originally Posted by Mister-X
    I think they should have included Valparaiso.
    Definately agree with you there. Valpariso is a far superior track to Phenitia Park.

PSN ID
    o_fluff

Phenetia Park is my fav of the classic tracks. But i didnt like arridos iv in the selection tho - i would've wanted korodera.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

Right on! korodera!!
    i think phenetia park is pretty ok - exept for the shortcut

Praeterea censeo autopilotum esse delendam

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

I always preferred Phenitia Park over Valpariso, which is mostly due to my disliking of jungle settings. :) I always felt this doesn't suit the WO athmosphere, because how the heck did they carry all the high-tech equipment into the deep forest without leaving any traces of it alongside the track? Somehow something is missing there. apart from that I'm all with zargz. Korodera is one of the most exciting and challenging WO tracks of all time. :)

Ben

Bloody hell, talk about ressurecting a dead topic, I think the reason they included Odessa Keys is because it is quite simply the hardest b*stard of a track in 2097, no other track is as anoyingly difficult.

I must say I was quite satisfied with the tracks they chose, the reason for only 8 is that the guy who started this thread doesn't get they had to make the tracks again, from scratch, not port, make from scratch - with NO record of the old versions, apparently the old data doesn't exist anymore for whatever reason and I'm sure I read a post from one of the Psygnosis guys saying they had to build the w'o" tracks by eye.

The only changes to the line up I'd have made would have been to ditch the rather dull Sagarmatha (the snow was very overdone on the remake BTW) and to shift Arridos to be before Gare d'Europa and make the last track be Spilskinanke.

One chance I think they didn't use in 3:SE was to include the 2097 craft, all of which look better than their w3o counterparts IMO. Hopefully they'll remake some old AG craft *cough*2097 FEISAR*cough* for the downloadable content for purE.